pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUn549UmSlw
twitch
youtu.be/2Uoyvk-jqXU
youtube.com/watch?v=BnMVeeyTfMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Zangief

When will the "orchestral version of an old song" meme die? How many times can they make a theme sound more orchestrated?

you what?

yeah i was grinning like a fucking idiot too

Remember to play a fighting game today /fgg/

Remember to practice tech that you have trouble with

Remember to view replays of both your wins and losses and learn from them

Remember to always practice good sportsmanship, whether online or in person

Remember to help newcomers learn by playing constructively without trying to frustrate them (i.e. keep doing one thing until they learn to counter it)

Remember that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best

Remember to watch some high-level play of the game or character you're learning

Remember to never discourage someone from playing a game they're interested in or having fun with

Remember that the lab can only teach you so much, real matches are the best way to learn

Remember to support and attend your locals and grassroots events, they're the backbone of the FGC

Remember to practice personal hygiene reguarly, especially if you're going to an event. How you look and smell isn't just a reflection on you, but on your game and the community as a whole

Remember to set realistic goals for yourself and keep working at them until they're realized

Remember to ask around to find sparring partners who play characters you're bad or inexperienced against

Remember that tier lists are generalized and tailored to the highest levels of play, so just play who you think is fun and don't blame your losses on your low-tier main or attribute your wins to your high-tier main

Remember to never dodge when you call someone out as being bad and they actually challenge you

Remember to seek out opponents who are of equal or higher skill

Remember that winning or losing isn't as important as improvement

Remember that no matter how bad you think you are, every single player you consider better than you was at your level at some point

And most of all, remember to have fun, /fgg/, because fighting games are something so great.

P.S.
There's never been a single point in all my time on this general that I've ever felt I've needed to post this pasta more than right now

>Remember that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best
i need to remember this. i have a minor character crisis like every day before i realize that it's me that sucks and choosing a character that's marginally better at one thing i might like to be better at isn't going to magically make me a better player

anyone here only play training mode for a few hours a day? playing against other players makes me anxious. i'd much rather practice baiken combos. for hours on end.

it feels so good to get the 2k link after her dp move after her first d loop rep.

fight at the roxbury when

>Remember that your main is your main for a reason,
Not really though

You'd be able to drive an SUV you've had for years far better than a Ferrari you just got yesterday

So you picked random and mained that character? I find that hard to believe user.
Something made you pick that dude.

Remember that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best
>look at tier list
>pick whoever's on top

If you do anything other than this, you are a cuckold .

youtube.com/watch?v=oUn549UmSlw

Those are all reasons tho

anyone else daydream about being a top fighting game player, moving to japan, winning all the tournaments and marrying a qt3.14 japanese gf?

Are electric guitars part of orchestras these days

There are way cooler things that will never happen

can't win without using a SS tier, huh?

>tfw want to move back to japan, but only want white women

Why would you deliberately hold yourself back? The FGC talks about outplaying and adapting but at the end of the day, tiers dictate the winner. Just look at how quickly players become irrelevant after a balance patch.

Winning with a character you like > winning with a character you don't like but picked because they were good

>pleasuring your wife with a black man > not pleasuring her yourself

>want to live in Japan
>but fuck Japanese people live there
>want to live in Ireland
>but fuck Irish people live there
>want to live in Germany
>but fuck African people live there
No one can know my struggle

I rembered or did 14 of those things today, will someone see me in t7/rev2/unist now? ps4 ec

>not pleasuring her yourself
Well there's your problem

>tiers dictate the winner
only in shit games and if you're a shit player

What if the game just came out and there is no tier list yet?

Ogawa and Machaboo must be shit players then. Former evo winners couldn't even get top 8 this year because their mains got nerfed.

Stop being racist maybe idk.

Low tier characters get the bonus of most players lacking matchup knowledge, so you can meme them to death

also shit ping in asia servers when I want to play na/eu games and back then there were no digital games, I had to wait an extra week for delivery of na games, it's so comfy there though

Who are the more defensive-oriented characters in goober gear?

I played monster hunter through it online so Tekken should work too.

Slayer

any character with an invincible reversal. no one seems to block in goobers.

?????

ogawa almost made it to top 8 and machaboo was practicing more sfv. usa isn't on the same level as japan but it's improved. there were 8 different characters in the top 8, hardly "tiers" dictating the meta and some top players like fab and hase weren't there representing two other characters that are """"""""low"""""""" tier

Goober isn't a very defensive game, turtle too much and you'll get penalized. That said, I'd say Axl might take top spot for most defensive, as his overall range and Rensen - Melody Chain are very good at keeping players at bay.
You might get away with a defensive Potemkin, but only against rushdown characters, prepare to block a lot while trying to close in on a zoner. Jack-O isn't really defensive, but her defense game can be rewarding with there aegis shield and the fact that as long as you're blocking and not hit, her minions can still attack your opponent. May and Faust have good ranged tools but you'll want to get go on the attack with them eventually.

Baiken but no one can really turtle. Slayer is another that baits counter hits but you have to play him very actively with backdash canceling. Ram jumps around like a retard waiting to land a bullshit screen carry string and j.h. Axl maybe Jack'o

Slayer more rewards risky, reckless play, he wants those counter hits for his real damage.

twitch
.tv/videos/164041526

Valle betraying the community for Sirlinbux, selling us out to casuals

Slayer is best played patiently and getting you to buy in that he's playing reckless/you can attack him/he is actually pressuring you. He only appears reckless if you don't know what's going on.

From the replies to this it appears GG is just as bad at this as SFV. Makes sense then that Woshige would make everyone rushdown in SFV if he was so used to GG.

>if i dont like the game its shilling

So this is a thing apparently
youtu.be/2Uoyvk-jqXU

scans never

gg offense is at least interesting and every char does it differently, people hate sf5 offense because it's just crMP/throw

Yeah and it looks kinda shitty and I'm afraid to watch it.

sarcasm doesn't translate well to text

>From the replies to this it appears GG is just as bad at this as SFV
Naw, because GG was built to be this way from the ground up. SFV just kind of happened that way. If you don't like offensive games that's fine, but don't assume they're all like SFV. The ones meant to be played that way like GG, BB, KoF, are quite good. I will say GG gives you a pretty good amount of freedom in how you use your character, just watch that negative penalty and you'll be alright.

see me in DSTNY
youtube.com/watch?v=BnMVeeyTfMk

>Naw, because GG was built to be this way from the ground up. SFV just kind of happened that way.
Bullshit, they deliberately turned season 1 Nash from a zoner into more of a rushdown character because they wanted it. They knew exactly what they were doing.

literally shitpost falseflagging pretending isn't sarcasm or funny

with so much shitposting i dont know whats real and whats not

I meant SFV as a whole. They may want SFV to be offensive, but they don't have the things in place that GG does to make it interesting

who's the most dishonest character in SFV and why?

>claw, dictator, boxer

Speak for yourself, I'm havin a giggle

SFV is the only fighting game I play

Who do you think has the most unique fighting style in SF? I think it's Q

Lmao

>I think it's Q
Naw, I like Q, but really he's just crappy Balrog as far as gameplay goes. 12 has the most unique style I think.

It's offensive in a lot of ways.

ok.

What is the deepest fighting game of all time /fgg/?

Dhalsim.

3s is the greatest fighting game of all time.

Who will ruin the fgc more dooberz or rwoobers?

when will we get news about the next champion?

Tekken 5 DR*

Whats doobers

I mean their actual style not how they play out

12 is up there for both if not top

Virtua Fighter

Next champion will be crowned at Capcom Cup at the end of the year!

I said deepest not most shallow

EVO Japan grand finals will have an Abigail mirror match.

Anyone wanna play something on Fightcade?
I'd like to play Cyberbots, but I'll see you in anything you like.

JP, but I get good West Coast connections

DBZ i guess.

Why is the qanba dragon a hundred bucks more expensive than the obsidian?

Ten pounds of metal and easier access to the components.

I thought season 1 nash is absolutely unga and and got nerfed in every way and now he actually has to play more conservative to win

In case it's still needed

No? Just go in the controls section of caster and choose the keyboard and change the settings, or start the game from caster and then press F4.

>infiltration won't qualify for capcuck cup this year
has there ever been a bigger fall from grace in 1 year's time

He doesn't have a character that suits his gimmick style.

Punk soon

He can still make it though

Who should I trainingboar right now? I'm also curious if you guys do something else while trainingboaring, I started to find a liking to Gordon Ramsay's shows, so I have them in the background.

>Poongko - 195 pts
>Infiltration - 140 pts
>Machabo - 130 pts
>Tachikawa - 130 pts
>Gachikun - 110 pts
>Nemo - 75 pts

who's got the best shot at coming back from the dead? they will probably need at least 600 pts to make top 32 at this rate.

>sprites ripped from different fighting games
>weird as fuck 3d backgrounds
>jazzy/funky soundtrack with vocals?
>microsoft powerpoint tier menu transitions
>jank as fuck menus
>cheesy as fuck announcer voice lines
>god tier character art

There are all reason why MvC2 is aesthetic as fuck

machabo, gachikun, and nemo have barely made it to any tournaments. they are the wildcards. if they don't get their ass in gear right now they won't make it though.

Isn't Canada cup still an auto qualifier?

>smash players are so autisti-

Nemo because he quit his job, he will be trainingboar mvci at the same time too

i like SFV and i will never be convinced that i shouldn't have fun doing something i enjoy

If valve made a fighting game with a $1m first place prize annual tournament would japs play it? I dont think ive ever seen japs play a western fighter.

sfv is fun

anyone care for a game of unist

Don't they paly SK?