Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>Holy Self Shipping Smart Seacans Batman! Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of unread geography textbooks bound for the landfill
>34 tires that have been pissed on in all lower 48 states in The Union
>Sign that lease and I'll find a constant stream of loud videoblogging nigs to team drive with you
>CDL how do? Private driving school, community college, or the megas if you are broke and desperate
>Swift: Best Underestimating The Swingpath Of A Trailer Tail With The Duals Pushed All The Way Forward

>Attention: The discussion of autonomous vehicles is strictly forbidden here

>Truckerfag is meeting his broker for dinner and drinks at Dorsia if he can get a reservation
>EF still wearing the cyber equivilant of a Groucho Marx fake moustache and glasses disguise
>Bepis seems to know awfully intimate details about the drug and underaged transvestite trades in Thailand
>Oilfag is either in a winter wonderland or a frozen Hellscape depending on the ambient temperature
>Gundam pressed f and paid his respects
>Primefag can't wait to enter his Probe in a Fast and Furious style four car super drag race
>Primely makes sure his trainee never gets ashy skin
>Balam likes em thicc like a bowl of oatmeal
>Doubles won't cross the Mason Dixon Line, says that "he can't stand them damned Yankees!"
>Bandit's daddy was a coal miner, he stank of the land

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zMq7RRzZX18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck this gay general, especially that retard EF

Same.

Underride protection, everyone.

Is driving truck in the oilfield worth the money for a noob?
whats better or worse?
hauling sand?
hauling water?
hauling crude?
driving vactor ruck?
what other driving jobs are there in the oifield?

delet this.

Oilfield is spic work. Get a job with a future.

Let me correct you.
Containment is spic work.

Anything off the ground in oilfield is good.

Next tuesday I have truck+trailer licence exam. Can we take a while to praise my savior, Gabe Newell for this game?

The game was developed by a bunch of Czechs.

Thank SCS Software, those drunk Czechs did an amazing job.

I also enjoy getting stuck on every railroad crossing more than a foot high

How many people do you think said that during the last boom and then were unemployed a year later

Truck drivers are never unemployed.. ppl begging qualified drivers everywhere to sign up.
Now when I said off the ground. I meant in a vehicle that requires a license.
Truck, crane, etc.
worms are the ones who blow their shit as soon as they get it.
3rd paycheck nigga be in a 2018 Cummins with 35's

Build better railroad crossings then.

"Truck drivers are never unemployed" except for the ones hauling sand and oil that got laid off without notice and had to go find new jobs in other fields.

fpbp

Like u can decide where trains cross.

Next we be harnessing tornados to power TF's butt plug

And when they go to find a new job. It's takes like 1 week.
You can throw a dart blindfolded at a map of USA and move there. 3 days later you'll have a job as a trucker.
When the boom happens. Go back to it and get that 6 figure shit.

Those people found jobs and have now left and gone back into their field. Prime is in the middle of a mass exodus of oilfield drivers and railroad workers who were furloughed and called back to work.

All those guys are going to have to go back again after the bubble pops again. Then they'll be back on the ground floor once again. They could've specialized in a field with staying power and be better off now than they will be then.
And btw why are companies desperately trying to find drivers for seats if it's such a highly coveted position? Makes you think huh

You can't decide where trains cross, but you can decide to make a better effort pouring level asphalt on the crossing.

Working in the oilfield is not a job for pussies. Just look at that oilfags schedule, or the -35 conditions, it's not for everyone. And it's not like you wouldn't get unemployment benefits. And you should have a nice pile of cash saved up anyway.

Citation needed

Oh well then let's just rebuild every railroad in the country.
Or we could just not put stupid little bars on the trailer for no reason.

Turnover, every OTR company has it.

Of the 200 people who walk through the front door of Prime every week in orientation maybe half of them will walk out the door with their license and of those probably 10 or 20 will still be there if they haven't washed out, quit because they can't handle the work or ended up on Twisted Truckers

This job ain't for everyone and those rookies that walk in the door see the $$$ we make but don't see all the bullshit we go through to get it and many ragequit as a result

If ur rig has a topdrive and iron roughneck then u a janitor
Har har har

First I'd like to have a source on trailers bottoming out on railroad crossings that for some reason are foot tall bumps.

Go back to school and get a real job. Leave the truck driving to the retards

There's a difference between
Turnover due to employees voluntarily leaving
and
turnover due to the company dissolving overnight after operations stopped being profitable, leaving hundreds or thousands of drivers forced to find new jobs

Well boys I'm fucked. These shitheads parked all the trailers on the side with gravel. So I had to go on the muddy side and now I'm stuck and they went home. Maybe I can figure something out, I found a cable to hook to and maybe I can pull the truck up with the pull out truck. I'm going to try it with the brakes on and see what happens.

Anyone have any cool trucking related dreams? Do you even dream about driving anymore?

>dreaming last night
>driving truck, inspection station is open, lots of trucks pull in before me and get waved through
>cop makes me stop and roll window down, she's a dorky looking female
>asks what I'm carrying, I tell her it's salt (???)
>says something into her radio, tells me I'm the one they've been waiting on. says this is an agriculture check and something is wrong with the salt, it's very serious
>says follow her to the scale, I'm scared now
>drive inside this big building that looks like a chemistry lab
>there's a really fucked up looking scale on the side of the room and I take forever getting on it
>DOT opens my trailer and there's a bunch of glowing blue and green piles of salt everywhere
>she starts running a bunch of tests and we start talking, for some reason I'm not scared anymore
>I ask her a ton of questions I can't remember, I'm sure they were totally relevant
>at some point she ends up on top of me and grinding her ass into my lap
>wake up with my dick in my hand
I've never gotten laid in a dream
:(

>failed infrastructure.
>a reason not to build safer trailers.

Except there's nothing wrong with either the trailers or the crossings.

Anyone else enjoy sleeperberth facetimes?

Moar

Look for fiberglass trailer skirt shrapnel.

Here's your fantasy realized.
youtu.be/zMq7RRzZX18

>ELDs were mandated to save 26 lives a year
There are no bounds to the bowels of bureaucracy.

I'm not doing "too" bad. Haven't lost any loads yet.
My loads never did hinge on me driving 800miles/day. I simply appreciate the flexibility with LTL. As ur the only other driver on here that can relate to putting on a hot partial in sure you'd appreciate the flexibility more too.
Oh well, glider is ordered.

Personal conveyance/yard moves are also nice.
I always deadhead back home after a big Monday delivery anyway.

My truck
My trailer
I'm going home. And will have electronic proof I went home.

Don't like it. Change the law.
And the yard move option I have has a 5 mile radius.

I bet you feel dirty having to post as user.

Actually I just took it off one day and realized I was too lazy to type it back in.
Have at it killer.

Yeah right, we all know it's because the mods continually b you the f out every time you try, so you have to user to stay under the radar.

The mods never give me more than a 24 hr.
We all know they got an EF folder too.

>when you're so desperate for attention you can't even go 24hrs without blogging on Veeky Forums so you have to ban evade by posing as anonymous
You used to annoy me but at this point I just can't help but feel sorry for you

You fucking faggot nobody likes you

I think u forgot ur trip my beloved Pepsi

Fake and gay

Ayyy lmao

If you can hack the working conditions and long hours, then yes, it is well worth the money. Sand hauling is probably the easiest out of those choices, although personally I would haul crude if I had to choose between them.

That's the nature of natural resource based businesses. Lumber and mining go through their respective slumps and corresponding reductions in workforce as well.

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone.

That's just how it is though. As the old addage goes, one has to make hay while the sun shines. I've been through three busts now. The skills and experience gained while times were good don't just go away because you catch a pink slip. Once things get busy and demand for workers skyrocket, that is the time to parlay for more money, better benefits, perks and higher positions.

Top drives are pretty common now, although there are still a lot of conventionals around up here. Iron roughnecks are usually only on bigger newer units.

Gotta get on that lucid dreaming tip, my dude.

Did they give you a rough timeline for when it'll be ready to go?

What happened was.
I folded first. Their were 7 spots left for glider ordering for 2018. And even less for the engine builder. As by law peterbilt can only produce certain number gliders. And the engine builder/finisher a certain number of gliders.
I had to put 5k down to reserve my spot.
I did it and 3 days later all the spots for 2018 were gone.
So now they have me by the nuts(usually trade in price is negotiated during ordering of new truck) They can say what they will give me for my truck at trade in. I texted her and told her I wanted acouple things changed around.
Going with 300" instead of 310" and TRW steerbox instead of Shepard. I drove my dads truck recently and found I had almost a full wheel turn over him. And my truck has TRW.
So order isn't completely finalized. But once the truck hits the line it will happen fast. I am expecting it before april 1st.

And if they burn me at trade in. We won't ever do business with them again. And my dad and brother will be ordering kenworth gliders in 2019

What's your favorite feminine penis.

Got my first trucking ticket today.

>Run a little day cab with a single axle truck and trailer
>Made my normal deliveries quick
>told to open the truck up again for roofing shingles and they put on 8 full pallets, not normal
>Despite having a transponder and being signalled to through weigh station the last 2 times I get ordered in again
>2000 pounds overweight on drive axle
>One inner drive tire was completely flat
>one Tractor brake light out (blinker worked)
>spaghetti'd and couldn't find the trailer registration (forgot that I was supposed to look for a 14 year old registration paper not a 1 year old paper)
>Had asked if I could call my company to start heading to me but wouldn't let me touch my phone till after he was done

After everything was finished I found the trailer registration but cop said it was too late. All citations went to the company except for the overweight. Are these kind of tickets fight able like regular tickets?

>didn't pre-trip
>can't into paperwork
you deserved it fgt

i fucking hate truckers

Yeah I feel guilty about the tire. Though I known it was an issue and had it filled last week. The trailer registration, I think it's a learning experience. I didn't know it had its own registration, not like I have a trailer of my own, it's my first CDL job and never been pulled over before. But both of those had nothing to do with the overweight which I didn't have control over.

>After everything was finished I found the trailer registration but cop said it was too late

I'm going to die laughing when you get your glider and finally realize Cat remaned blocks come with a new data plate showing current year as build date and still fall under ELD mandate rules.

i was on Fraser Island last year and saw a kenworth truck driving along the beach. it was a sunday i remember.
>sunday drive along the beach

i have seen many things in my travels.

How about placing 20 cameras around truck and driving it from your own home. Seems better around the city than new autopilots.

>gladhand pops off
>900 miles from the house
>intersection blocked for two days waiting for 30 seconds of work

I cant wait until all this technology will kick in, but there will have to be a person inside a vehicle for emergencies like this, sitting in a cuckshed watching movies. A sweet spot.

Except for the fact that the megacompanies will use the cost of all that expensive technology and the reduced time spent actually working to justify paying their "drivers" less.

Nope.
If you thought about it once.
I've thought about it 100 times and made a dozen phone calls.
Thanks for the concern though.
And if the "plate" was that easy of a thing. I'd just go take one from an old engine.
You realize you just simplified all my problems down to a removable plate?
If only I could be so lucky.
I won't run ELD in my glider.

What happens if a receiver takes a long time to unload and you run out of hours while being unloaded but they won't let you overnight parking there?

me too

Either they give up, or you give up. Falling to do the latter can result in the police coming to give you a ride to the county jail for trespassing, but they have no problem ordering drivers to violate HOS because harassment and coercion charges don't stick to them.

Or if you've got a big boy elog you just switch on the personal conveyance exemption and leave to browse the lack of local parking for 10 hours at which point you get your hours back.

go faster make moar monies

>cool trucking related dreams
does this count?

Do you ever look up from your phone and realize you haven't looked at the road in like, hours? It's like, how did I get a license? How am I alive?

>reading Google reviews on my next cons, which has a reputation
>everyone says they won't let you in until 5 minutes before your appointment
>everyone says once you get checked in you wait 2 hours for a door
>everyone says once you finally get a door it takes them 4-6 hours to unload you
MFW they let me in two hours before my 1100 appointment, immediately sent me to a door, had an unloader standing in the door watching me back, started unloading the second I backed in, and was done in 20 minutes.

All the time

Wtf is going on here

she is being sexy as frig in a trailer

I keep telling myself I'll stop, then I do it again.

>Sexy as frig
>Spooky skeley body
>No ass
>No tits
>Awkward nerd
>Stringy greasy hair
>Realistically hasn't showered in days
>Trucker
>mfw

It's as sexy as a trucker can get

Wow. Oh my god. I am so fucking glad I am not a trucker. It’s not often that I feel super proud of the decisions I’ve made in life but at least I didn’t fuck up bad enough to have to settle for this. Jesus.

That guy has a shit job tho.

Why do you dress your testicles up like that?

>-40°C
>Feels like -50°C
>Defroster can barely keep up on the windshield
>Side windows completely frost over
Fuck this gay Earth.

>Ally Knight
>Check out YouTube page
>Latest video
>End of 2017 update
>30 minutes long
>AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif
TL;DR for non Allyfags?

>TL;DR for non Allyfags?
shake it off br/o/

That's pretty cool

If you enjoy pumping shit and cleaning toilets abused by tourists.

I've come up with a brilliant idea. I'm going to become a freelance team driver. I'll sit at the truck stop with my bag and a little sign like a vagabond, and my business is I'll drive someone's truck while they're in break. Then when I'm done, I'll wait at the next truck stop for someone else in need of my services. It's crazy how no one thought of this yet. I guess I'm just really smart.

No. I stay local and get actual pussy.

Sometimes. But that’s typically in the car. Truck is too wide. Also i was driving a 10spd all day today and it kinda made me miss the auto because it’s hard to shitpost in city traffic with that T800.

Except when you crash their truck and insurance won’t cover it. Or the driver rapes and murders you.

There are people that do this, they just don't sit at truckstops. Contractors at fedex use them as floaters. One day you'll run extra board, another two you cover for one side of a team that needs time off...etc. some do it for multiple contractors....but you're still an employee.

Is it haram to take meals in the sleeper berth? What about just snacks?

Who the hell eats anywhere else? No way anybody's going to eat in a restaurant. Somebody might try to start a conversation! Ewwwwwwwww.

ELD is a joke
I squeezed 4 ghost hours out of it today.

Someone tried to talk to me once and that's why I became a trucker.

>G_g_g_ghost hours
2spooky4me.

My condolences.

>Not eating, fapping, urinating and deficating in the sleeper
Git gud scrub.

>Shitposting while driving
Yee, automatic distracted driving master race.

She burning out or what?

1999 freightliner century revival.

Lol it's a fucking can on wheels but it's all solid.
Fresh to death. Can't stop lifers.

Schneider team driver here. Current partner is ditching me to drive with his wife who just got her CDL. Any drivers based in LV want to team? 7 months experience, not fat/smelly.

Go suck dicks somewhere else, faggot.

Do you have a feminine penis?

yes

Oh it's coming back
Maybe it will get 10 mpg like everyone else on this thread
Cuz dude aero