/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last thread : "Bio means water" Edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
youtube.com/watch?v=xEkkdY3-d7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9HAHGQl3k
youtube.com/watch?v=1AlrtE0VhIw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for all Underfail fans about to eat a bullet nugget when Grimoire is released and they realized their already shitty lives become absolutely pointless.

I like games where I can make money.

You should try Underrail then.

You can make a lot of money in that game.

AND THEN YOU CAN MELT IT ALL TO TRY TO GET QUALITY MATERIALS BUT END UP WITH LOW QUALITY SHIT INSTEAD

Underrail is about killing people. I want to be a Jew.

AAAAAAAAAAAAH HUNDOOOOOOOOOOO!

Play Age of Decadence and join the merchants guild then.

DO IT CLEVE

>The game is now waiting for Steam approval.
Hu-uh
:^)

Is sixth level enough for going to junkyard?

capitalism ho!

Sounds about right. I wouldn't go to Depot A yet though.

Tried that, I have an old save where I accepted a crapload of orders and I don't remember which ones.

I do like the "KACHING" noise, even if the XP coins are too flat for my tastes.

By the way, Grimoire just released.

(lol

I am not kidding, take a look.

store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

nice shop

>37 brouzoufs
I feel bad for whoever's stupid enough to fall for that.

Wow fuck me it wasn't a meme this time. Who's buying it for /indie/?

>inb4 it doesn't even have an exe

Well

Holy shit it's actually here after 23 years.
How much of a buggy mess is it?

He's going to make Katawa Shoujo 2?

I have a feeling he just released the super demo.

Double-clicking on a portrait crashes the game. Also

nice
i suggest hitting the refund button while it's available

Not my pic. I'm not crazy enough to buy it until it's confirmed to be legit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Katawa Shoujo was enough of a mess without needing that quack.

Another guy just crashed on the loading screen.

It's actually quite impressive, the game has been out for less than an hour and there are already multiple bugs that crash the game. I'm going to laugh really hard if it turns out to be a slightly changed super demo.

Then you and pic related is a match made in heaven.

>next game
Nigga said he'd keep working on Grimoire, what the fuck man.

>someone on Steam Forum said he'd buy the game for first 4 people to respond
>he deleted his thread
Lovely.

i have the chance to pay Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight 6€
is it worth that much? how much replayability does it have? is there an ng+?

>it's really real

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

It's worth that much already for a single playthrough, but yeah it's got a hard mode and some challenge mode after you beat it (or something to that effect, I'm forgetting the specifics).

That said, it's just a super solid generic platformer. You'd probably want to look elsewhere if you want to play a game that pushes things forward.

>there's an ark in Dominions 4
I guess youtube.com/watch?v=xEkkdY3-d7c really impressed a lot of people. I know Warhammer had a similar item.

any suggestions?

Buy Grimoire instead.

It's tough as nails.

that's why i love Stardew Valley

Well, not as polished, but much more fun (and longer) Salt & Sanctuary

>Thirty seven european dollars
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah i actually had that in my wishlist but i discarded it because of how much raw it was for my personal taste

You did well, Salt and Sactuary is complete trash.

>I don't like [genre] therefore every entry in it is TRASH objectively

>implying S&S is a genre
You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

That's one way to deal with the cognitive dissonance that you might have poorly structured opinions.

I'm not sure what's worse, apparently not knowing the Ark of the Covenant is an actual thing, or thinking "wow the climax of one of the greatest action films of all time sure impressed a lot of people"

Finally done.This game started at a high note but later part was hugely disappointing .Music was good though.

You beat Grimoire already???

Nearly forgot to post pic
No desu.

So the madman actually released something, but is it truly the complete game? Does it have a shit ton of bugs?

>Does it have a shit ton of bugs?
It's got some fatal obvious ones (can't click profiles) right off the bat.

I'm sure people will be discovering more nasties.

I'll take the plunge, the whole memery was almost worth 33 bucks on its own, if it's completely unplayable I can still refund.

Can we pirate Grimoire yet?

I'm referring to how the Ark acts in Dominions and Warhammer. I don't remember it ever acting in the Bible, it houses the Law Tablets that Moses broke, but I don't remember it smiting anyone, or even explicitely targeting people looking at it.

Grimoire looks like the most boring piece of shit in the world, are all dungeon crawlers like this?

I wish there was a game, kinda like The Guild, but where you play as a vampire.
And the game would be you either making wild money with your huge skills refined by years of working non-stop, or slowly corrupting the town, getting to a point where most labour is done by undead and the living all exists just to consume and pay.

A necromantic utopia, in short.

Yes. That's why it's a dying genre.

It's weird, I think I can believe that it happened and yet now that it did I feel empty inside.

Actually playing it would fill that hole

Naaaah. Maybe in two years when it's actually in a playable state.

>two years
Wow, an optimistic.

Watch a few Legends of Grimrock videos and tell me if you feel the same.

Make a mod. Guild 3 should be out this year with bugs that'll take months to fix.

>tfw you want to play a nice big crunchy RPG but Grimoire is likely garbage

>Guild 3 should be out this year
I FUCKING SWEAR, every FUCKING time I get interested in a game, a sequel is immediately announced.
I get in Total War : Warhammer? Lol, Total War : Warhammer 2 is announced.
I get in the Guild 2? You tell me the third is on the way.

I'm reinstalling Battle Realms and Startopia. I expect some good news.

>spend five days on the same floor

At first it sounded hard then I realized how tedious that is

It's a one-year old news at least, supposedly, G3 has been in production since 2k14. This is the latest and best gameplay video out:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9HAHGQl3k

Besides, you don't have to play everything at release. There's plenty time to enjoy G2 / TW:W until their sequels are ironed out.

And this is the point where I usually check which classics I haven't played yet and dive into one. Or check see what I bookmarked on Steam in the past few months.

So it's like Mount and Blade 2, it'll be released "when it's done".

Ded again, huh?

10/10

How's Mothershipgun?

Uuuh, Grimoirefags?

>Grimoire finally releases
>memes
>casual
>nudity
>anime

>C A S U A L
ahahahahahah

my dick

SLIMES STOP EATING MY HEN HEN YOU FUCKING CUNTS

>still no upgrade to get more than 4 slots

Called it

/indie/ ded because all those Underraildrones lynched themselves

Grimrock is shit
Maybe nu-Wizardry/ 五つの試練 is more your speed

>Grimrock is shit
THEM FIGHTING WORDS

Kain?

Ultimately, I want a game where you can use everything on the map as ressource.

Including bodies and souls. Let me reanimate a zombie to make him a worker that never sleeps, never eat, and never get paid. Let me trap a soul in a lantern to make it an anti-burglar device. Let me use the blood I drained from the bodies as money to hire vampires. Let me grind the bones into fertilizer to grow more wheat to make more bread that I'll sell for almost nothing, driving all my competitors to bankrupt.

Gotta make way for the homo superior

Stay on reddit.

>Grimoire released
Well fuck what memery will keep the thread alive now?

The worst part is the fact that Styg joked about Expedition coming out before Grimoire.

Let's spank Niko, now.

Serious? Do you have a post?

What are some indie games that had massive world class marketing campaigns.
youtube.com/watch?v=1AlrtE0VhIw

Magicka has some hilarious marketing.

I don't remember that ever happening. Are you sure you are not talking out of your ass, jack?

Styg defense force approaches!

NMS
Altough I don't feel well calling that indie when sony paraded it on e3 stage for 3 years.

Give runescape botting a try, the Chinese reliably buy 1m for 1 usd

>Grimoire actually came out before Expedition

well now Expidtion is never coming out because Styg has blown his brains out