/sky/ 天涯

Skyline General #1

Previous thread: >>

Post any and all content relating to Skylines here; not sure where to draw the boundaries between Skylines, GT-Rs, and Infinitis, but we'll start with all Skylines for now.

thanks peach ;^)

these old magazine pages are so fucking aesthetic, I wish I could buy some for myself

You can! But they're a bit pricey, assuming you can find the issue you want. $30-60 + shipping depending on who's selling.

R33 GTS-T beginner car yes or no? probably gon flip it lmao

where exactly? It is pricey but maybe I could buy just one or something

just picked up this stupid clean Recaro SR3 Confetti from Japan Parts Service. now ill have a matching set in my 32 GTR. so stoked.

just don't be stupid and make sure you know the basics of driving a manual car

I'm thinking about doing a learning course on how to control a car under extreme situations, but I'd need to lend a manual RWD car from someone for that

Why? just drive around and occasionally have some fun with your car within reason, you will learn everything you need to know within a month or two. Don't waste your money on some BS courses

>nips
>making a good car
pick one

You don't need a course per se, just skidpad time. If you can safely hoon in an open parking lot at night that's one way. Being able to safely control the car at the limit is important. These cars don't have traction control so nothing is stopping you from spinning the car.

Don't push the limits on the streets unless you want to end up on liveleak. It's really not worth it.

I was pretty excited today when I passed a white Skyline R32 GTR today in Lakeside Ca on my way back from work.

I saw a gunmetal gray R32 GTR in Berkeley, I damn near pulled over to try and find the owner to bother them about it but realized I was going to be that autistic sperg bothering them.

Currently building one of these shitheaps from the ground up. AMA

You realize R32s are going to be as common as Camaros soon? I don't even bother to take a picture anymore.

They might be as common, but they'll never be as cool.

i enjoy it when people walk up and talk to me about mine.

The GT-Rs? Come on now. In 2013 alone the Camaro moved more units than all years of R32 GT-R production.

I will concede that the Skyline is not an uncommon car. The G35 and G37 are all very common cars. But the GT-Rs are always going to be special.

yeah but I'm an autist about things like retaining cats and other things for street cars

Sweet. What kind of wheels are those?

Blitz Type 01 CX. ive been told they are stupid rare but i cant verify that. the car came with them.

Another pic

>And infiniti's
My Stagea was closer to a skyline than those things.

Never heard of them, they look good.

Sort of similar to the ce28n but with rivets

Holy shit is that real? I have new plans for my roller

Is it worth it to move to Japan. Just so I can drive one of these god machines?

Tfw your R32 boner/ownership stems from driving nothing but 350 and 370gt cars but all these Fast and Furious Fuccbois make you look bad

Just put an Ad on Craigslist I'll let you drive mine for $50 (and some sloppy toppy)

Not from the US

Sucks to suck

>Texas plate
I'm in Texas. I'll give you $50. Which city?

Pretty sure it's a joke.

North of the zoo formerly known as Houston.

Dude there's probably more R32s in Texas than Japan at this point I'm sure you can find a ride.

There is, I tried to rent one on Turo but Turo denies almost everybody and I happen to be in Houston. Blowjob, then? Is turbo yeah?

Haha fuck the $50 I'll take the blowie, but you better not be a stabby negro or anything. It's twin turbo of course but I'm going single

For real though I have to rain check you on the drive cause I'm rebuilding the engine (pic related)

Lewd.

I'm cumming

Expectation vs reality

I'm actually a leading member for the Veeky Forums Make A Wish foundation, so subscribe to JooToob. com/ channel/UCaFfdc3ECgvz2rz1x1gfjBQ so I know who you are. (disregard the different colored skylines, I've had a few)

You can drive mine but full disclosure it's gonna be a while until it's completed

Am i allowed? :(

Of course. We match broski

Did you paint the grill?
Nice roastie btw

Thanks, high quality southern 'tang right there. That was my first car back in the day.

>painted grille
>painted non-sport wheels
>dual carbon/burnt Ti fart cans
>5% tint
>15 inch competition subwoofer
>skyline badges for maximum neck breakage
>inlaid leds in headlights for max neck breakage in case of darkness

So cool lol

I like your wheels they're clean

Thanks man. I wanna start saving for bags but the compressor is locked up so doing that first

Bags with the little remote control would be sweet. Don't forget the hornblasters kit lol

Your car needs nothing else (aside from lowering/centering the badge on the trunk imho)

Looks like you would have some pretty sweet tuck if you wanted it

Tangentially related to Skylines; whats the general consensus on the Q50?

Gay unless it's fully loaded. Info-tainment system is retarded, but which one isn't these days?

Electric steering takes away feedback through the steering wheel but leaves more "luxurious" driving feel in its place, which is sort of why people buy psuedo-luxury cars like this in the 1st place.

They talked about putting rack/pinion steering back in, wonder if they ever did.

I was considering importing an r34 gtt but every quote I got for insurance was stupidly high even though I'm older than 25 and have had no infractions... Oh well, maybe in a few more years...

Prepare for inexplicable levels of incessant vitriolic hate from strangers online lest you ever post pictures/ask questions about it within the community. Pic related

what country?
If Canada, probably because idiots import then wreck them while street racing, raising the rates for that car model
If pretty much any place in europe, anything higher than 1.3L engine = huge taxes and huge insurance robbery

Canuckistan. Quebec in particular just dropped the hammer on the import laws, so R34s are effectively illegal unless you grease someone's palms. But good luck doing that with a state employee that's not blood related ha

Yes, Canada. Specifically Ontario. Insurance is already ridiculous here, I was getting quotes for around 200-300 a month.

What is that, like 60-70 real dollars?

iirc, 1000 Canadian Dollarydoos works out to about 2 US Dollars

Not bad considering you can only use it for a month and a half every year. De-plate it.

Unless driving rwd in snow and ice isn't an issue.

Nah, I would only use it half the year during the nice months. Still, that's a bit too expensive for me right now so I'm looking into importing another car.

Darn it all, time to empty the loose change from my cupholder and get some hookers and blow across the border this weekend, 'eh'?

>too expensive
>in the market for money pit

I say get one of these and drive it year-round, homie

ahah I know old jap cars are a money pit but I can't help my love of them. If I'm going to be spending a ton of money keeping a car running I don't want to add to the expense of insurance

How much is a 34gtt worth nowadays anyway?

Fuck Canada, the insurance cost would ellipse the purchase price of the vehicle before you had to change the tires

According to the importer I'm talking to, you can get a clean one for about 13-15K. That includes the cost of the vehicle and the cost to have it shipped to the west coast.

Plus another ~2k "dollars" for transport to ON.

Plus the double-digit tax(es) ON probably takes out of your bum with a soup ladle

Geez, is it really that much to freight the vehicle to Ontario?

Hey this is pretty cool, hopefully this general doesn't die out quickly.

Yes, my buddy just paid that much for a 33gtr to go from BC to QC. But that's fair, really.

I've taken GT-Rs from Montreal to the southern US (after crossing border), and it was $1600 ($2k CAD).

But Vancouver to ON is even farther than that! The diesel fuel and wages for a driver to do the trip in 8-hour legs is fkn expensive they're barely making anything. Always bosnians/albanians (I guess they're the Canadian mexicans?)

Sick as, mate

Your headlights are stupid rare

I'm living in Tokyo right now and seeing so many skylines had removed the glamour of all of it.

I really want to lower my car but don't know how low I should go. Right now it's at like 20cm or so off the ground.

Thanks!

As common as they are here in Australia too, they still turn heads. Just today I've had multiple people stare at my car. But I imagine that in Japan they're pretty much the Falcon/Commodore equivalent of Japan.

Damn, ok well that's good to know. Thanks for the info!

I was just thinking the same thing.

Just got my new wheels today, set of AV-06 17"x8" wheels. I'm a bit stressed about the front calipers because they're sitting reeeeeeally close to the inside face of the wheels, about 1.5-2mm of clearance. What do you guys think, will that be okay for just regular dding?

I lower my cars until the top of the tire is one finger away from the fender, generally a degree and a half negative camber will do ya right without sacrificing too much rubbah. Adjustable cambers arms are a prerequisite - and potentially wheel spacers although your wheels look good "at the mo". Raise as needed according to tire rub.

But in Aus I'd be afraid of getting drone-striked by the police for daring to be a non-conformist

Love your wheels, user. And damn, that's pretty close. I think I've got a good amount of space between the calipers and the wheel face. But I've got the stock calipers so they're pretty small.

Thanks! A friend recommended that I get ~5-8mm spacers for the fronts if I wanted to, and I'm thinking that I probably will get them.

But yeah hopefully if I put the spacers on they won't get caught by the cops and proceed to fuck my shit up.

Story time:

I was pushing pic related onto a trailer by the wheel (don't do that) and my hand slipped and finger #3 got sucked into that reaalllyy tiny space between the rim and caliper.

They call me 9 finger Nigel now

don't buy spacers save your money and buy wheels with the correct offset.

dont worry about it, if it clears enough to roll you are sweet, if it realllly bugs you take the caliper off and grind down the nissan letters CAREFULLY

Welcome. Damn your car is sweet, can't have these in the states yet, I'd love to daily that thing. Looks like your friend is right about the front spacers, only one way to find out though. Rear looks about perfect to drop 3.5-4cm without too much negative camber to catch the cops' eyes.

Honestly if you're gonna get burnt by local cops, just leave it how it is, it's already sick with those wheels (and cheaper). No extra suspension pieces, prematurely worn out rubber.

You'll have so much extra cash you can prematurely wear out some rubber elsewhere if you know what I mean lad (hookers)

I say do it with a metal file. Slower but harder to fuck it up.

If you use a grinder, no caffeine beforehand lol

I'm pretty sure that N1 lights are not that special.

Shit considering how it took whatever handling the G37s had and lit it on fire. Drives like shit. Interior is super cluttered. Numb steering. No LSD. Nissan had a great engine and then made the rest a piece of shit.

Cheers man, I'm really glad with how the wheels turned out. I wasn't sure I was making the right decision with the 'hyper black' option, but I didn't want black wheels, and I definitely didn't want white or gold, so it was between hyper black or bronze in the end.

My calipers are stock fronts and rears too (fuck these teeny tiny rear nissan calipers, holy shit) so I'm fairly sure these wheels were designed to just barely fit them properly. I don't plan on tracking the car anyway so any flex or anything else would never be a problem.

Also, gotta agree with other anons, your GT(I assume as you're a P-Plater?) is fuckin' gorgeous. I've never really liked R34s, but the more I've seen them lately the more I could see myself driving one.

Fuck me that's gotta suck hard, I feel like the more I learn the more I'm going to injure myself lol.

Thanks for the reassurance. I've read around and generally people say it should be fine, unless the caliper get pushed out a bunch when new pads the put in, but I"m not sure how worn mine are.

Also, old wheels pictured for reference. They're some old Bob Jane Racing wheels but I can't find the exact model on their shitty site, I may have missed it. I wanted to find them to see how much I could sell them for if I ended up selling my R33 with the AV-06s on them, which I don't want to do anyway.

my s1 33 has a bees dick clearance didn't give it a second thought.

had close clearance on my lmgt2's on my s15 as well and i havn't died yet.

agreed but most people cant be fucked doing shit properly *laugh face emoji*

Cool, thanks for the reassurance. I'd just really glad how they turned out. Should have seen my old tires too, they were fucked. I was on the verge of slipping just in regular acceleration around a corner. And I mean, sure I drive spiritedly, but not that spiritedly.

Henlo frens

hullo chum

Bump for most legendary car ever, without a doubt and/or exception

Would i be faggot for putting a skyline badge on this guy

I bought a 350GT badge for my G35 coupe. Originally i wanted to do a full rear debage and run just the 350GT badge.

I took off just the G35 badge so my trunk would look symmetrical, and i ended up liking that look, so the badge has been sitting in a box for like 5+ years lol.

Pic semi related, the set-up i wanted to go with.

>move to Japan
>as if ts that simple

bahahahahahaha

esp if you don't have any family over there. lol just lol.

>Japanese letters on the windshield

pathetic

>mid night sticker
bhahahaha

;^)

>P plate

yeah makes sense.

niggas be like

nibbas be like