Which one, user? (Strictly daily/road trip car, nothing more...

Which one, user? (Strictly daily/road trip car, nothing more.) I've literally thought about every other car possible for daily and I've narrowed it down to these two.

Trying to get either for $4k-5k. 06-08 TSX, or 2012-2014 Fit.

I give a fuck about comfort, reliability, and fuel economy. I DON'T give a fuck about power, or "image". I've driven both, and enjoyed both, and it feels like the TSX really, really wants to be a "sporty" car. But luxury, too. It's a weird middle ground. And, I'm not sure if I "need" the space of a fit, but it's certainly nice to have.

Test drove some real cars OP

Like what? If you recommend a hybrid, SUV/truck/van, or sports car I'll fucking scream.

C5 corvette

this

I've driven a C5 Z06 and it is a phenomenal car but that has literally nothing to do with being a daily. I already have an AP2 S2000.

You enjoyed a Fit, Jeez...

My sister has one of these, and it's very enjoyable, but I want 4 doors. Imo no point in taking this over a Fit.

I own an accord euro (its pretty much a tsx), safe, drives great, comfy and a solid car but its...meh. Its a great beater.
The Fit, is cheaper to run and thats his main feature, but its a small city car, not great for road trips.
I would go for the TSX

Yeah, it's crazy, our accord is actually an "inspire" in Japan because we're all fat fucks in US.

That's a good point, the road noise in the TSX was minimal as hell. The suspension felt really similar, actually. Thanks for your input. A woman I saw today with an 06 TSX said it was the greatest car she's ever owned; 200k on just oil changes.

It's small, light, spacious, turns on a dime, tiny motor you gotta ring out; what's not to enjoy? lol

ford fiesta
its an american lada
dont get the autotragic, it shits the bed
the manual base model is 10k brand new
used pre facelift fiesta, you can get for your budget price and with minimal miles.

4-5k is my budget

I already have 2 manual cars; just need an A-B car.

Good car though.

Lack of steering feel, throttle which has 60% of the pedal doing nothing, over assisted brakes. I'm not claiming it isn't a good car but fun it is not.

>Imo no point in taking this over a Fit.

while I agree about the 4 doors (I got it used and thus had to make sacrifices) the fit does get the honda type problems and noises. My yaris has 200,000km on it and it still sounds and runs new

Get a Ford ranger

Steering "feel", okay. Precision was great, though, and I give it points for that; it goes where you point it quickly.

Low power is fun to me.

Over-assisted? Can you clarify?
Problems and noises? What are you referring to?

I legit drive a 93 aerostar right now and love it, but it's not for long distances, and is probably on borrowed time before I get a $1,300 repair bill for no reason.

(For those that don't know the aerostar is literally on the ranger body. But it's a van so it's sicker.)

>Problems and noises? What are you referring to?

the transmissions in hondas tend to be fragile at higher km. their belts are notorious for wearing quickly and even the best kept models develop an engine tick.

the engine itself also tends to sound "sick" and labored even while stopped at a light.

in a light duty A to B car these problems can get really annoying

>Over-assisted? Can you clarify?

i think I can clarify for the user.

The brakes in economy cars always feel "soft" no matter what you do. this is due in large part to oversized boosters meant to help women and old people stop easily.

Ahh, I definitely know what you're referring to, especially with older hondas. The Fit I'm considering buying is a salvage with 117k miles, so it's definitely a bit of a gamble. Considering getting a PPI from a body shop.

>Considering getting a PPI from a body shop.

ALWAYS get a PPI.

Pedal has no bite, booster does all the work and leaves you with no feel. I wasn't referring to power, just the way the ecu feeds it to you, the cars feel nippy in general driving and too nippy in traffic but when you ask for something for fun you realise you've been getting everything it offers. There's nothing inherently wrong with these, just makes the car an unfun appliance to me.

>buying anything less than a midsize sedan for a DD or road trip car.
top fucking kek

>but when you ask for something for fun you realise you've been getting everything it offers.

you have not stomped the gas and had the VVT-I or VTEC kick in then. Never timed it but im pretty sure I can get 0-100km/h in

In a Jazz, fark off, it's not even proper Vtec yo, it's just an abuse of the name.

whelp, now we know your a bong and you have no idea what your talking about.

>imblying

Why is a midsize the best for DD/road trip?

>I love hauling around extra weight and having a harder time parking for no reason