Is Nissan a good company?

Is Nissan a good company?

Not anymore

This.

They've fallen in quality over the years unfortunately. Think of them as the FCA of Jap cars.

very good at trigger americucks

Everytime I get into my IDx I cant help but think how lucky I am to be alive in such a great period in human history and to live in a nation where I can afford such a wonderful car. Some days I just cruise all day in my IDx. I just love being in it. Nissan is such a great company for taking a risk and making such a great car that many other companies have abandoned. I applaud Nissan and will buy their cars for the rest of my life. Although I will probably drive my IDx for a long, long time and when I get old I ...

hold on...FUCK YOU NISSAN.

nissan had ONE good car that was hyped due to vidya. it's the holden of asia.

They're french now lol. Hopefully nissan and shitsu can die a quick death

why not call it Pissan?

>Is Nissan a good company?

cute/10

Because my bantz skills aren't the best, I'm still improving then. noted user

I never understood why this would trigger anybody. Only people so poor that they couldn't afford either would even remotely care (including those who post this picture).

Official cars for Filipinos, mexicans. Their fave are Altimas and used Infinities.

When I see a Nissan in my rear view, I steady my wheel and true enough, they zoom by and cut everyone off weaving through traffic.

Spics and Filipinos...

Sure, if this were 1970.

nigs love maximas

Why do they bother listing the IDX on their main website if they aren't going to do anything with it?

Stole the words from my mouth, this unironically. It's a shame every other car I see (Lower NY) is a shitbox rouge

They go in to buy an Escalade and can only afford the Maxima at 12% interest

im black and I got a maxima as a gift and my dad got an Altima that lasted 14 years

I swear every car I see a black guy with has a Nissan

FUCK no.
They were okay in the 90's and have been declining since.

They probably have like race card Wednesdays at the local dealerships or something.

Kind of. They make 2 good vehicles that I can think of, the GT-R (I'm not a fanboy, but it IS a good sportscar) and the Titan XD. The GT-R is known pretty much everywhere, whereas the XD is the complete opposite. Nobody even knows they exist, which is quite sad because they seem to be a really good deal when compared to half tons trucks. I mean for like $40k you can get a really well equipped truck with a Cummins diesel, less if you don't care for leather and luxuries like that. With $40k, you could probably only get a XL F150 with the 2.7L Ecoboost.

A car company with designs by middle aged women for middle aged women.
That's why they have so many crossovers for soccer moms including Infinity.
Renault should have let it die.
Fuck Carlos btw.

The Chrysler of Japan

They make a fair amount of money, so yes.

told you
fuck off its true

>Is Nissan a good company?
It continues to earn money and pay taxes.

>nissan
>good

Are Infiniti coupes and sedans good?

>Are Infiniti coupes and sedans good?
Yes.

Yeah

Would a modern Infiniti be better than something like its BMW competitor?

I've worked for Nissan and Infiniti dealers, good value cars when considering what they compete against. As a complete package, I would argue the C-Class and the 3 Series are still a cut above, not very familiar with the new A4 so idk about that.

Stepping away from the VQ series engines and using the new VR30 engines which aren't shared with any Nissan's is a big step in establishing them as a true competitor to the Europeans. Now they need to continue to differentiate themselves from their Nissan products even further, post-2010 Nissan products are very hit or miss and mostly misses...

>Is Renault a good company?
No faggot

>mostly misses
Would you say the G37 and Q50 are hits?
I'm between a G37 or Q50/Q60 with a VR30 and an equivalent generation 335i/435i. On paper the BMW seems better but the Infinitis are cheaper, roomier and nicer looking. How would the cost over time compare with the 3/4 series?
I've only ever heard of Infinitis either being great on upkeep and repair/maintenance cost because Jap, or awful because Renault-Nissan. I feel like a lot of what I hear is either shitposting or badgewhoring so I assume nothing for now.

I thought the Nissan Puke was bad, but this is a fucking monstrosity.

Yes but don't buy a 2014 or 2015 Q50 with the DAS (Direct Adaptive Steering) it was the first generation of it and is far from perfect. The new Q60 has the latest generation of it which is improved and I would assume the Q50 gets it too at some point but don't quote me as I stopped working for Infiniti right before the VR30 cars hit stores.

I would wait if you could on the VR30 till there's a bit of real world feedback and a bit of mileage on them. I did get to drive my coworker's Q50s with the 400 HP engine, and having driven all variations of VQ Q cars it was a huge breathe of fresh air, felt like a totally different cars. VQ37 is a great engine but it was missing the linear feel of a FI engine. VR series is a brand new product and I can assure you it'll have issues to be sorted out in the early years.

G37 is a hit, it's a better sports car than a luxury car if you get a G37S RWD in 6MT. It's a great alternative to a 3 series for someone who's not interested in dealing with the running costs of a used BMW. These cars are very prone to neglect from the inevitable 3rd and 4th owners who don't maintain them, the cars get cheaper but the cost to drive them doesn't and a lot of people who buy these cars forget that it. Yes, they're reliable but only if they have been taken care of.

The G35 was good too, but the 2005-2007 coupes and 2005-2006 sedans with 6MT are plagued by oil consumption issues with the VQ35 Rev-Up engine, the regular VQ35DE and the VQ35HR are good engines. The 03-04's were decent but they suffered from first model year problems. I would expect the same from the first year or two of the VR30

The misses are all any car they've built with a CVT, using extremely outdated platforms (QX50, QX70, and QX80) use platforms dating back to as far as 2008. QX30 is a rebadged GLA250, sure it's an MB but it's the worst one made in the last decade at least... It's sad their good cars don't sell that well but they can pump out shitty Pathfinder CVT garbage cans with a 15k markup for the "luxury experience" like crazy.

The further they can stray away from their Nissan roots the better, these cars aren't competitively priced enough to the Euro cars to be as lucrative as they once were. They are not high enough quality to justify the price difference very often. So they need to either start building better cars, or getting prices down. The introduction of an engine exclusive to Infiniti is a good start but there's much more work to be done especially at far as interior.

I have an 09 370z, love the VQ37 but sometimes Veeky Forums makes me regret it. There is a surprisingly amount of mustang love in here. My only issue with this car is the oil consumption, otherwise it is very fun to drive

I worked for Ford for a bit also, I rather have a 370z than a 4.6 Mustang, never got a 5.0 to play with as they weren't at dealers when I was leaving. Drove a used EcoBoost 6MT Mustang which was awful IMO, the Focus ST is better imo

Nissan ceased being a good company in 2002 when they discontinued the S15.

Yet the only good things to come out of Nissan have been Renault based lately.

But the 4.6 mustangs are faster and have a better build quality.
You dont hear about plastic driveshafts ripping in half on a mustang. The differentials leaking. Or have a terriblely geared tranny like the 370z is.
>that first gear and final drive

Junk

>Not anymore
but they were never good to begin with

That's debatable in the past, there are a decent amount of things you could argue in their favour, thing is it's hard to bat for them today.

>I swear every car I see a black guy with has a Nissan
That's not the way here. I see lots of black guys with lexus, cadillac, and toyota. Maybe in your area, it is that the Nissan dealers are willing to make deals.

>no s chassis after s15
Who the fuck let this happen?

I see Veeky Forums is jaelous of french company.
Don't worry based ghosn will flood the market with his shitboxes and you can do nothing to stop him fucking mutts.

The customers when they bought the 350Z instead.

>350z
>produced July 2002-2009
>s15
>produced 1999- January 2002

What did he mean by this?

The 180sx and 240sx sold like crap in America, we never even got the s15 because Nissan was like why bother.