/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 4th of August:
AD 70 – Titus ends the siege of Jerusalem after destroying Herod's Temple.
1578 – Battle of Al Kasr al Kebir: The Moroccans defeat the Portuguese. King Sebastian of Portugal is killed in the battle, leaving his elderly uncle, Cardinal Henry, as his heir. This initiates a succession crisis in Portugal.
1824 – The Battle of Kos is fought between Turkish and Greek forces.
1854 – The Hinomaru is established as the official flag to be flown from Japanese ships.
1944 – The Holocaust: A tip from a Dutch informer leads the Gestapo to a sealed-off area in an Amsterdam warehouse, where they find and arrest Jewish diarist Anne Frank, her family, and four others.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - Rally Up
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-60-rally-up.1037651/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/jcwPKwLR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

rate borders

how should I manage taxes/tariffs during lategame?

max taxs on rich, no taxes on the rest

7/10 the nations take up weird shapes

Military upkeep at 5% and navy upkeep at 30% during peace time.

I always hated how diplomacy worked in that game, but what can I expect from a total war game.
It also irked me that an army of 3000 can take over the France region by capturing Paris.
An army of 3000 capturing and controlling a region of a few million

>An army of 3000 capturing and controlling a region of a few million
You can do that in any paradox game

why

because all rich pops are useless

I couldn't find it, you need to be clearer and post a screenshot of what you are talking about.

No idea.

1. I don't see it as particularly important, especially since salt isn't really represented and it's so late game.

2. I don't know, there's a list of CBs that I need to do, but I don't know when I will get to the,

It shouldn't happen like that, the decisions to integrate states back are just "cleanup" decisions.

I will check it out.

That's hardcoded, I can't.

Yes but right now I'm travelling, so I can't post it. Sorry.

Where you heading off to now, Italy?

If you won't removed this RETARDED cap then can you at least add some sort of "war propaganda" decision that lets you increase Jingosim? This is just absurd.

I mean really, what is your objection to adding a wargoal for full infamy anyway?

Hey HPM, I'm the user who made the Serbian and Greek parties, a couple days ago I made some romanian ones as well if you are interested
pastebin.com/jcwPKwLR

Which is the best start to play CKplus with dark world?

Is Central America the best America?

that is just base v2, not alejandro's doing

But it's his choice not to remove it

Oh, haha, that's okay then, it's not like I expect a modification to make the game better. Why would I want a download a modification if I wanted to modify the game?

>Central America, Louisiana and Paraguay exist in EU4
>Texas doesn't

Do you take offense when people call you gex?

Can you make craftsmen demote faster than they currently do when there's no factories?
It's very annoying getting craftsmen migrants as an New World country and just having them migrating constantly between your states since none of them have factories yet

Texas didn't declare independence in EU4's timeframe, and even if they did, the way they did wasn't the same as other colonial countries.

The way to do it would be that, if Mexico exists and owns Texas, and whoever controls Louisiana proper is independent, Mexico could get an event to encourage immigration from (whoever holds Louisiana) to Texas, adding significant development to Texas's provinces but flipping the provinces' culture to that of Louisiana's owner. Another event after would add Texian cores to the region and set Texas's primary culture to the neighbour's culture.

So then, if Mexico has some kind of disaster, Texas has an opportunity to extst

BASED texanon dropping the REAL redpills

>Texian

That's actually a pretty good guess.

>If you won't removed
If you want to cheat, just cheat. There's a console command that does exactly what you want.

>can you at least add some sort of "war propaganda" decision
I will do that in the future for a few issues and government types, if you has mass politics and the talkies invention.

Thanks, I will take a look!

No, but I don't usually reply to shitposting or shitposters. If you can't behave like a human being, I will probably just ignore you (or you will fall in one of the filters anyway).

I will take a look, but they usually assimilate pretty fast in the new world anyway.

Anyway, I gotta go. Goodbye anons, until later.

>filters
Alex, please. Self moderation is the essence of reddit which you yourself have chosen to actively avoid.

Reminder that War in the East / War in the Pacific should be in OP.

Reminder that HOI4 with Kaiserreich is the most fun you can possibly have while playing a grand strategy game

Results of my last ever genocide. Brazil and Africa are now mucho blanco.

>If you want to cheat, just cheat. There's a console command that does exactly what you want.
Fuck off, it's not cheating, why would what my people think make a damn bit of different in a nazbol dictatorship?

See

>HOI4 with Kaiserreich
is it really good or is this a meme?

>No, but I don't usually reply to shitposting or shitposters
bet he reports them too

>it's not cheating
>there's a command to do that

why do you think there's a cheat to do what you want if doing it is not cheating?
the add wargoal says 'population', the people that run the country is also part of the population
why people are still confused by this

It's better than vanilla HOI4, but it's still shit

gas yourself barbarossa

can you show the POPs in the S'ao Paulo state?

because the government is 100% independent from the population and dictatorships should be allowed to take a thousand regions at once for no reason if they're able to

IM FUCKING CRYING RIGHT NOW

That's for modders to test wargoals and shieet, not for cheating.

The government is still part of the population and you don't play as the government or the people in charge of it so they need to support war

hmmm actually I was showing how ridiculous his arguments are but fair enough

Sure, laddo. As you can see all the Portuguese pops there are Craftsmen, as everywhere, as I've been forcefully migrating them from the homeland.

HPM, Slovakia starts with an-libs in its upper house if you release it in 1836

Poe's law

>dictatorships should be allowed to take a thousand regions at once for no reason if they're able to
Well, yeah, they should. Germaniums wanted to conquer half of Russia as a fascist dictatorship at one point and they would have had the world not collectively stopped them because they went over the infamy limit.

Nice failed strawman, though.

reddit law
>A redditor will always make a pathetic strawman in an attempt to appear correct and another retarded redditor will always not understand what's going on because they're all retards.

>full totalitarian government with cult of personality
>no way to make the population want to expand the war, or going against their will

How can you guys keep playing these autistic games and not get bored?

I have your mom giving me a good suck every now and then.

based

>No
based gexxyboy

>based
based

>How can you guys keep playing these autistic games and not get bored?

based Hitler looking dismissively.jpg poster

the bf

based 'based' poster

fu dad.
I need a beter pc so I can run Stellaris... (kill me)

based "based "based" poster" poster

Can you add cores on Rhine decision for Fascist France?

He probably filters Alex and Grandi the fucking kek
kys

>Stellaris

I'll add the decision for you to fellate me while your algerian boyfriend drops another pozload in your loose hole, Pierre.

>Germaniums wanted to conquer half of Russia as a fascist dictatorship at one point and they would have had the world not collectively stopped them because they went over the infamy limit.
If this is your understanding of history please kys.

When it comes to the factory tech upgrades, what is the priority? Output, throughput, or input?

Any advice for playing Krakow?

It's all basically the same shit and +1% doesn't make a difference so you just need to research all of them in whatever order is convenient.

Depends on the situation.
First of all, be aware that you must have at least some input in your factories, otherwise the input techs won't do shit. And output is preferred to throughput when you feel you're close to using all resources the factories need as input.

>le ebiq hitler didnt want to annex anything he a good boi
Fuck off, laddo.

Apocalypse 1836 integration when?

no my redit friend

Get into Russia's sphere, then war on Austria. Then Germany' sphere and beat up Russia. Then into France's and invade Germany. Everything else is sitting on your ass for decades and luck.
During the Krakow incident take the descision that annihilates your prestige, otherwise Austriums will end you.

>tariffs at 19%
Doesn't this completely kill your economy? I always thought that unless you're Britain and Russia and have a full supply chain for everything within your sphere you should never set tariffs above 10%.

what idea group should i go for next?

DAILY reminder

a lot of the things you think are "shitposting" are not actually hostile to you at all

you're very defensive and a lot of us think it's just tsundere so we're trying to get to you :3

also
>using filters

holy shit imagine being this reddit

uninstall.exe

hilarious and original

the one that stops you from blobbing like a retard

reddit and unbased

Hey HPM, is it hardcoded that the AI starts wars every 5 years? It's super annoying to see 4 wars over alsace lorraine or prussia declaring brothers war because they failed the last 5 times.

>so bad at the game that he thinks being good at the game is a bad thing

>he thinks blobbing like that is being good at the game
and I don't even play your garbage game

Make FSA ancap and Mexico a French/Austrian puppet and it'll be a 10/10

>talks shit
>admits he has no idea what he's talking about
l e l

Holy shit, so this... ...is the mindset... ...of an EU4 player... ...woah

You're supposed to take territory realistically, with emphasis on aesthetics, not simply take as much territory as you can. You took random parts of Scandinavia and the Caucasus and Bohemja eithout even taking all of Crimea.

This is the last (You) you're getting, you reddit fuck.

ah shit he's gone

I've unfortunately seen that shit posted enough to know what I'm talking about, not only you blobbed but you were terrible at it

>Austrian puppet
Heh, sure thing, Ferdinand.

Wow

Why are R&Infopic threads literally nothing but EU/HoI4 redditors? Why do we still use his shitpost threads?
>1944 – The Holocaust: A tip from a Dutch informer leads the Gestapo to a sealed-off area in an Amsterdam warehouse, where they find and arrest Jewish diarist Anne Frank, her family, and four others.

What do?

Realizing the holocaust happened is the final redpill

should i invade japan to become GROBER

>GROBER
What does grob mean? Use ß or ss you illiterate fuck.

>1944 – The Holocaust
Oy vey.

>muh aesthetics
you don't know shit kiddo, go back to your number simulator

GroB comment.