Is it normal that every year I go to get an inspection...

Is it normal that every year I go to get an inspection, the garage always tells me there is something that needs to be fixed?

>first year I had the car, had to pay 1,000 for an emergency brake, new rotors, and a new tire
>second year, 2500 for emissions stuff. A week later check engine light comes back on and need new plugs and wires and thats another 600
>in between that, exhaust fell off and got that fixed, for 400
>now my third year getting an inspection I need a new fuel line for 200

How do I know if I'm getting taken advantage of? if So many things are wrong with the car, why wouldn't they show up in previous inspections?

oh my god

sounds like you are getting HOZED HARD.

but just in case, year make and model?

>600 for plugs and wires

Sounds like you're driving a shitbox that's falling apart, and some of the prices are questionable without further information. But yeah in general if you're not going to maintain the vehicle yourself then you can expect something or other to come up during a yearly inspection, especially normal wear items like brakes or tires.

Good way to think about if you might want to learn something about cars and if you want to save some money and avoid dumb mistakes or getting played for a fool.

OP forgot to mention that he is a used car fag that drives a 40 year old shitbox.

At least you arent a debt slave, right?

>40 year old shitbox.

moron, that would make it a collectors piece, not a shitbox.

It's both if your exhaust fell off, it needs a new fuel line, and one time only one tire was so bad it couldn't pass.

Abcd

No one looks at a 1978 Mustang and says
"Wow what a collectors piece"

You cannot polish a turd.

>You cannot polish a turd.
but you can season it and eat it in a sandwich

>Its a collector's piece.
>I know what I got.

>that's not 40 years ol-

It is a 2006 GM 160,000 miles. I'm not in debt for the car, but I am in debt for the repairs. 2500+ in debt for the repairs. Overtime I get the cards close to being paid off, something comes up and I don't have 500 - 1000 dollars to drop on a repair.

I'm am in my last semester of college, and I work two jobs plus a couple internships. I'm really busy, and my job prospects are good after I graduate, but it blows having to put the amount of money the car is worth into it every year. And I don't have the money to buy another car, and I don't want to risk it being a bad deal. The car is good, it always runs fine, but I am commuting constantly and I've put about 20,000 miles on it a year.

I almost said 1975 chevette until I realized where the time went....

Yeah man, it's a 3800 series ii engine. Great engine, but the spark plugs are on the bottom of the fucking engine. My girlfriends dodge neon and her Toyota Camry she has now the plugs are all easily accessed on top of the engine. really pisses me off because I can do a lot of this work myself, I just don't have access to a lift or jacks or any of that shit, plus I live in a major city so I don't have much space to do that work.

My experience in working in the industry is that GM products are notoriously garbage. Most of them are junk, the garage might be necessarily janking you on that. We see at least 1 Chevy Cruze a week at around 30k miles with major fuel injector problems. It's almost like owning a German vehicle sometimes.

>Toyota Camry she has now the plugs are all easily accessed on top of the engine

god bless toyota. easy to work on cars, same parts used across many years and many models, any info you need to do the repair yourself is readily available online, HUGE aftermarket support for parts and dealerships readily provide all the fluids at reasonable prices.

In the Netherlans, a car is an old timer (tax and emissions exempt) from 40 y/o. It used to be 25 y/o but too many people started driving old diesels and old cars converted to lpg so the kike gubment changed it to 40
>muh taxation muh emissions goyim

I'm going to say this because we're anonymous and I hope it isn't cringey.

When I think of all the money I put in this car since I got it three years ago, including the car itself and repairs and minor maintenance, it is somewhere between $8,000 - $10,000.

When I first got the car I immediately started watching videos about car maintenance and and reading about cars. And somewhere in there I got interested in the idea of buying a shitty cheap Nissan or Honda and engine swapping it and tuning it so it can go faster than people think it should. And with the amount of money I sunk into this car, which is a reliable car and I'm thankful for it, but with the amount of money I could have bought some used late 90s/early 2000's Japanese shit box and modify the fuck out of.

No I'm not Mexican. No I'm not trailer trash. I just like the way those cars look and I think it is cool to have a slow looking car that actually goes really fast.

But it's too late now because I'm so invested in this thing.

why are all the nordic states so fucked?

>i have passion for [thing]
>oh god I hope i dont give people secondhand embarassment

have some goddamn self-respect

>On a automotive board
>Raped for 600 scheckles to replace spark injectors
>"Runs good"
>"I know what I got, no low ballers"
Yeah naw m8, get a bus pass. It'll suit you a lot better.

>GM

There's your problem

Yeah the spark plugs are not on the bottom. They are accessible from the top just 3 of the 6 are between the passenger compartment and engine. If I'm not mistaken all 3.8 gen II are traverse mounted.

You don't a lift or a jack to change them. Unbolt the front 2 engine mounts circled in pic. Then either get a buddy to pull the engine forward or get a couple ratcheting straps to tilt the engine forward to remove the spark plugs on the backside.

Spark plugs for these engines are like $10 CDN for a pack of 2, a wire set is maybe $100 So it seems like your getting ripped off on labor.

Nah m8 commydoor has 3.8 series 2 rwd