Is your dad a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge truck guy?*

Is your dad a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge truck guy?*

*Veeky Forums users with daddy issues need not reply

Ford, but Ford as in 'Not Holden'.
Not that shitty americuck ford.

Well in the past, he's had a Ford Ranger, a datsun, and then he got a tundra and tacoma most recently

My dad is a techie not a trucker dude. He drives a traverse

Ok. What's his husband drive?

Ford mostly.

Owns a 2002 excursion, 2015 Expedition Platinum, bought me and my sister Ford Rangers for our first cars.
Before the excursion he had an older chevy suburban.

But, before the newer expedition he had a 2009 Dodge Ram 2500.
It broke down on him a lot though so he was done with it.

She doesn't, one car for the whole family. Growing up we biked a lot tho so

Dad is a VAGfag and so am i.

I think he really likes Dodges but he'd rather daily a Tundra. I think dodge is his favorite one as he gets to drive a really nice one for work.

My dad won't drive a truck, but my mom drives Chevy

Does your family also live in a $2 million house that's only 1100 sq/ft with no land?

No not at all

Tacomas. Only Tacomas.
Me = '04
Bro = '09, previous '98
Dad = '11, previous '89
All single-cabs, bottom-of-the-line.

I figured that you lived in San Fransisco or somewhere close given that your dad's in tech, mom doesn't have a car, and biked often (something only rich yuppies and the absolutely dirt poor do).

based, same here

My dad started biking in order to help himself quit smoking, kind of just stuck. We live in Ohio

Ford Ranger, Mazda B2200, and Tacomas.

>OP deliberately makes a thread to exclude Alphonse

Nice.

And my dad drove Ford for years but they weren't very reliable, now he has Tundra. It's great, hauls ass with the 5.7 and it's really well made.

RAMs feel (and are) cheap as fuck, and I hate GM interiors. If I had to buy a truck, I'd probably buy a Tundra or an F150, but if I bought a Ford it would just be some base model shit truck for work.

Why do Non-Americans always shit all over these trucks? Are they really that bad?

>not having a proper father figure

Hmmm...

Anything bigger than a 1.0L 3cyl is illegal for them, or they can't afford it

Americans with brains shit all over them too. Don't act like this is some eurocuck nationalism thing, the Big Three just don't make quality products of any kind anymore. It's not in their business model - they sell on marketing, flash/bling, and volume. Not quality.

Family owns almost exclusively Chevrolet in terms of trucks and 1 85 toyota truck 4x4 manual.

In terms of cars its just BMWs
>t. dad drives an 02 Suburban z71

He's been a good father figure, just not a stereotypical one

Let's just say they're uncompetitive in non-American conditions and look like clownish compromises between practicality and lifestyle to non-Americans. I'm sure they work decent enough for Americans, otherwise they wouldn't be such good sellers, but elsewhere they don't.

I think dad's become kind of a Volvo guy.

That's impossible if he doesn't own a truck.

Let me guess, he's with her.

My dad was a Chevy guy, had an S10 in college and a Silverado SS a few years ago, but since it got stolen he's in love with his Ram SRT 10

I bet he's a MESS.

He built the shed in his backyard, redid two bathrooms, and built three book shelves for his house, is that good enough?

Yeah the big three are milking the hell out of their customer base and their products are junk. They run with their reputations as good truck brands that were from the 80s and 90s but they haven't made a good truck since. Then again, the big 3 are making money from retarded Americans who need 60k chrome trucks to pick up billy from soccer practice.

>they sell on marketing, flash/bling, and volume. Not quality.
So they're essentially the Harley Davidsons of pickup trucks. I suppose the Hilux is the real deal then.

No
They're assmad because their trucks cant compete in terms of sales, towing and payload, and all around just being a work truck

We're German and he voted for the classical liberals last year (liberal as in liberty, not liberal as in burgerfat librul).

he was always a chevy guy but switched to tundra and tacoma a few years back

>he doesn't see the toyota or nissan truck buyers these days

Let me remind you that the Tacoma, Tundra, Titan and frontier are all driven by surfer faggots, soyboys, rich mexicans, wannabe offroaders, and women.

I haven't seen a single "foreign" new truck being used for work.

My dad wasn't brand loyal like many others.

But he avoided Dodge after his transmission couldn't stop being gay followed with a "cracked cylinder head", that was the 1500 however, not so sure about the 2500s and up.

Now he drives that big ass GMC Denali that every other fuckin Texan drives.

Except that most trucks aren't even competing. American trucks are isolated to the American market, and all other markets buy different trucks. The markets are almost mutually exclusive, partially because the success of utility vehicles depends too much on local conditions and local laws. American trucks wouldn't sell anywhere else.

Shit, I guess when Ford Fiat and GM decide to flood all the continents with Rams, Silverados, and F150s, the world will be shocked and awed at the superiority of the American full-size pickup truck. What the fuck are they waiting for?

To be honest the ram srt 10 is in a league of its own compared to your dads previous trucks. Do you think If Chevy offered a pick up with a corvette supercharged V8 he would have bought that?

If you want to be realistic here no new truck is used for work these days. Old Ford Rangers and Tacomas are the only trucks that see any real abuse/stress/work anyways. I'd take a foreign truck over anything else in a heartbeat but I'm not going to pretend Toyota didn't jump in, make their trucks bigger to attract the retarded Americans obsessed with big vehicles.

Even abroad Rangers and Colorado's are right on the heel of the Hilux which has been in the market for ages unlike the other 2.

Now GM is even offering the silverado HD in straya and china

Soy boys don't drive, they post on /n/.

What state you in, Because i'm in california, texas, Arizona, and the midwest and I see nothing but silverado's and F series trucks doing all the work. Rangers and Tacomas are driven by mexicans doing yard work

The Rangers and Colorado are good trucks (for the most part) in the US. But small trucks in the US are like a taboo.

Third worlders and europoors can't afford American trucks

shitty ohio. a lot of inner city trucks are utility vehicles mostly Rangers and Tacomas either by the owners or companies. Outside in the suburbs or hick country it's Silverados.

but top of the line taste

You want to hear something really shocking? I live in germany throughout the months of May - september.

I rarely see a truck that isn't a Chevy truck from 96-06 and fords from 99-08 (specifically Super Dutys) and I spend a lot of time between frankfurt and Munich.

If Ford and GM went global with their full size trucks, holy shit. When I was in frankfurt some guy parked his 02 Silverado 2500HD and people swarmed it like it was a veyron or some shit.

Jeep guy.

no need to project

Not dissing your faggot poser dad but why does he own a huge luxury truck for? llike does he use it for work or just hoon in it

Chevy, he worked up here in northern Canada in the oilfields and every truck he had was a Chevy K2500 or Silverado 2500

im not a fan of American vehicles but he left me his 2500 Silverado when he died and i still drive it. through my years as a mechanic as far as im concerned Ford pickups are just a mess of problems like every other Ford and Dodges are just a shitshow of steering and suspension problems. Chevy pickups worst youre gonna do is a fuel pump and tranny cooler line

Toyota truck

chevy is garbage. my dad is a chevy guy tho. but he likes ecoboost tho too

My dads more of a van guy. He did own Mitsubishi utes when I was younger but now he’s not working he just drives a VW Polo

Dad has a Ford Ranger for his farm. and an Outback for DD

I'm more of a Chevy Truck/SUV guy, but a Dodge car guy. I love that Ram Rebel though.

Yeah right, we all know your dad abandoned you and your dishrag whore mother.

AMC. Never stops talking about his old Pacer.

>tfw not owning an AMC truck

cool projection

Chevy. Starting at my youth, a Blazer, 84 S10, 89 C1500, and now a 02 S10 (iirc).

>tfw no more viper

>comparing what dad's do
are we in fucking pre-school again?

cool buzzword

My dad's first car was a Fiat panel van and then an Opel Corsa.

My dad is a bit too loyal to Chevy. He had a red 04 chevy silverado that he sold and now he has two 07 silvervado a white and a black for hunting and for work/daily drive.

Dad's a Ford guy, drives an F-250 now. Actually prefers Tahoes and will probably get one when he retired soon.

For me, it's the 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn that's sitting in my driveway

My dad always prefered Chevy or GMC, same thing I know. He likes how Ford truck interiors look but he would never buy a Powerstroke diesel because of how shitty they are, and they're also "moneypits" from what he told me. He said I was better off with a Cummins or a Duramax.

My dad is a Ford guy simply cause he had a 1st Gen mustang in highschool and hasn't gotten a personal car other than a mustang since. Although now he isn't really that into cars

Idk but my dad drives a 4th gen Cummins

>Even abroad Rangers and Colorado's are right on the heel of the Hilux which has been in the market for ages unlike the other 2

Ford ranger/mazda B has been in the market for decades. Holden Colorado is just an Isuzu d-max with a badge. Isuzu and Mazda have been making pickups and trucks since before the 70's

Anything but Ford for my dad.

He dailies a Dodge for work, and has a built BBC in a square body in the garage.

I have one, a ram 1500. They get imported by lawyers, upper managers and accountants and get resold for cheap later on because they aren't Jap pickups.

Even at 6 mpg for 8 months I still have a years worth of fuel in my bank account (she drinks 20 gallons a week with the work I do) from the difference I saved on buying the ram instead of an older Hilux, frontier or l200.

It's also easier and cheaper to get parts from shipped in from America than it is to go to the Toyota dealerships that I have to pass to get to the port and clear the items yourself.

Not just my dad, but every-fucking-one on his side of the family as well as my mom drive GM. Buick, Oldsmobile, chevy, gmc, you name it.

But most on my dad's side have a GM economy car, and 1 just has a chevy truck.

I feel like I'm the only one that has driven foreign cars, but once I graduate in spring from college, I'm getting a GM truck.

Not unless he's also a.) killed at least one man for reasons unrelated to self-defense, or b.) fucked at least 100 women who were not his wife.

My dad's a big lover of the VAG for cars, too. Bought three of their badges so far. For trucks, he's all GM, though. My stepdad likes Ford trucks and BMW for cars. I don't know how my mom could've been into both of these men. They're like mirror opposites.

>be me
>work for government health and safety organization
>constantly going to construction sites for inspections
>talking to foremen and tradesmen
>visiting large builder this past summer
>comment on how I see they switched every single one of their trucks and vans from Ford to Toyota and Nissan
>nothing but Tacos, Tundras, and NVs on the site
>ask why
>"because we tried Chevs before Fords, and they were garbage, and because the Fords turned out to be just as shitty"

You will see American trucks on jobsites, but they're unreliable pieces of shit that get thrown out every 2 years. The more American shit you see on a job site, the bigger the kikes that run the company. Funny enough, the company that just bought all the Jap trucks is owned by Germans.

Sometimes opposites attract.

And sometimes she just needs that BBC.

I would find if he fucked 100 women that were his wives more impressive to be honest.

No because it'd mean he's probably Muslim. And that most of them are 10 years old.

Wait what am I saying:

>German

Of course he's Muslim.

My dad's always been a Volvo guy, had a 240 Turbo when he was younger, stopped having Volvos before I was born though.

When I got my S60 he realized what he was missing and went and bought a V70 (aswell as a '67 Amazon).

>proud of owning Volvos

well my dad drives a plug in hybrid ford, so ford I guess?

His last 3 vehicles were a
>2007 Ridgeline
>2012 Ridgeline
>2017 Ridgeline
He owns a plumbing company and makes bank, so he has nothing to prove

>Not being proud of having half a V10 under your hood when everyone else drives I4 Diesels

I have half of a V16 under my hood, and another car has half of a V12.

Someone with an I4 has HALF OF A V8 under their hood.

It's time to stop.

>Not being proud of what you have even if there's some faggot who can't shut up on a malaysian dickpic sharing board

It's time to stop.

Americans drive these cars because it's literally part of American culture and identity. You drive them "just because. For those of us who do not have a special relationship with pick up trucks it's easier to see that it's really a niche vehicle intended for work, and people generally do not use work vehicles as their personal vehicle. Another reason to get pick up trucks might be because people have outdoor interests and want a 4x4 vehicle, and then it makes more sense to get a Hilux than an F150 because it weighs less, has a shorter wheel base and you don't care about payload and towing in that scenario.

I forget what my dad drives. He left to buy a pack a cigarettes a long time ago. We're still waiting for him to come back.

pride is a sin you nigger

Mopar/Dodge. He has always had shit taste

Dodge

owns three now and thinking about getting his 4th

Probably because he wanted it. Pretty simple, really. That’s what happens when you’re an adult and have the income to buy what you want.

And an entire transmission. Don’t forget that crown jewel 4L60E bo

Chevy
Grandad liked Dodge

I'm the only sane one.

My dad drives a Toyota Sienna. He’s still manlier than 75% of truck drivers I’ve met.

>payload and towing in that scenario.

Towing I will give you but the biggest downside American full size is that the payload is woefully fucking terrible compared to Jap or Thailand market pickups.

Sure I have a cubic yard more bed space but it is really the cuckening when you can only carry 20 sacks of cement or else you sit on the bump stops when the day before I was carrying 35 in the nip box.

>claims to be a Ford guy but has owned nothing but Chrysler for the past 20 years