Why was the NSX a huge failure?

Why was the NSX a huge failure?

-spent too long in development hell
-Ford debuted the GT right after they debuted the NSX and killed all of their hype

>sold like shit

at least it stayed true to its roots.

i remember when honda fangirls were saying the nsx would be faster than the gt. As usual I was right all along. A Honda isn't going to be faster than anything because it's a honda. it's slow

it costs as much as a huracan and comes with a STRAIGHT UP KMART INTERIOR

Because the superior Nip brand released the superior Nip car and it doesn't have an interior of a 30k Accord.

nothing about it is particularly exciting

>Designed by a woman
>Slow
>Doesn't have anything to do with its predecessor
>Over priced compared to the competition

I saw one on the road for the first time either today or yesterday.
It's underwhelming. But the 918 is also underwhelming on the road.
The NSX has less road presence than the c7, while lacking all the grace and elegance of the original NSX.

It was a failure because it lacked vision and passion. The concept, which looks exactly like production, debuted in 2011, and it looked good back then. But design language moves fast, and by the time it FINALLY released for production, everything had the sleek aggressive look which made the NSX look visually tame, not to mention that seeing this thing once a week in the automotive press means that people got so used to it, it wasn't exciting or new when it came out. It got delayed to fit the hybrid drivetrain into it, which is fine, but it ended up being sort of a jack of all trades/master of none, and couldn't really compete with the peers in it's price bracket. It would've made a fine car priced at $100k, but Acura wanted this thing to be an expensive, competitive Halo car. Boardroom meddling of trying to perfect it to use as a showroom advertisement, because God fucking forbid a company just make a sports car anymore, delayed this to the point where it couldn't even do that properly, and now they're practically begging people to buy them with added discounts.

So say goodbye to the S2000 succesor/Mini NSX, execs are nixxing that if they can't get the poster car out the door.

Crossovers.

Fat, bloated, overteched, overpriced, and...

Looks like shit.

They dropped the ball, thosre morons at Acura division. Ruined an icon.

You can't exactly be faster than something that raises the white flag before the race even starts.

the ford gt is faster than the nsx

sorry where's the nurburgring time? i must've missed the press-release.

Because it is basically the Alien ware PC of the car world

>Why was the NSX a huge failure?
Because it's ugly, bloated, expensive, and has none of the magic that the original NSX had.

Remember, the NSX was a car that had Senna behind the wheel during the design phase. It inspired the McLaren F1. It proved that a supercar could also be a comfortable, practical daily driver. It looked good. Hell, it even had a reasonable price (iirc around 110k, adjusted for inflation). That's not out of reach for an ordinary wagie with good credit score and a big savings account, unlike today's halo cars.

It flopped because cars aren't made for drivers any more, they're made to make money and bring in good PR.

>maclaren getting its dick sucked for not having power brakes or steering.
>debut the successor to your simple and reliable supercar.
>essentially two priuses welded together with the face of a juke.
>send out press cars with beta software installed.
>Understeers and gets ripped a new asshole.
>try to hide the fact that it's heavy as fuck by adding torque steering.
>dosen't work because beta software.
>nerf all road feel.
>finally the software
>no one cares because
>ford GT
>chiron
>koenigsegg

>110k, adjusted for inflation
>the new one is 40k more with nearly twice the horsepower and STILL gets 5 FIVE fucking MPG city more
>110k was """reasonable""" for slightly above C4 corvette performance but 40k more is breaking the bank
I really don't get it.

I thought the new NSX was like, 400k or something stupid on release. Maybe it's come down a lot since then?

No, its original MSRP was always 150k. it could higher with performance options but the base price was 150k and i've seen plenty on autotrader for that amount. problem is the new NSX takes longer to make so they can't just pop em out like other sports cars so something like only 150 even made it to the UK last year and all were sold. this means price gouging in areas will happen because dealers might not be as willing to let go of cars if they don't have enough in their area.

That Lexus is OBSCENELY FUCKING UGLY. Holy shit who drew that shit show, some gook with downs?

is every part of making a car some sort of hell now? this a new ebin meme?

As long as we're shitting on acura's design team, what the fuck is going on with the TL's rear doors

Because it was designed and developed by Americans
and yet it did not sell in the US
and It was too much american to sell in Japan

I wish they'd make a version of it with just the ice engine and no 4wd.
Or hell a competitor too the 4C

Don't know. I saw at least two Acura NSX in the 90s as a kid and I thought they were beautiful and I lived in podunk.
I've never seen a neu-nsx. Not even once.

because the original was a failure too

>Why was the NSX a huge failure?

1) It took too long: The concept debuted in 2012 at NAIAS, but the car was ready for sale until 2016.

2) Fabled predecessor: Even though the original NSX was sorely outdated by the time it went out of production in 2005, the time between the first and second generation spanned over a decade. Without an immediate successor to tarnish the nameplate, this allowed the first car to ascend into legendary status by millennials.

3) Price: The old car was competitively priced when it debuted. The new car costs roughly 3x as much and doesn't offer much in way of performance.

4) Honda in motorsport: When the first car came out, Honda was on top of the world in Formula 1 with McLaren and had Senna to endorse it. Today, Honda's embarrassing performance in F1 led to McLaren dropping them as engine suppliers. The new car also had mediocre results in GT racing as well unlike the old car which had won a championship.

Isn't it one of those cars that plays engine sounds through speakers? Also fuck all these modern technological luxury car wonders masquerading as supercars. Old supercars were just street legal terrifying race cars which was why they were cool in the first place. Not that I'll ever afford them anyway, but still. I would hope any rich car guy would just buy an ultima or something similar, and let the rappers by this shit.

Obviously not marketed to actual Acura buyers because of price tag. Then the 1% who can afford it is buying something else.

>Made in the USA
>Nothing like the original

Fucking burgers ruining an iconic Japanese car

>But design language moves fast, and by the time it FINALLY released for production, everything had the sleek aggressive look which made the NSX look visually tame
The "sleek agressive" look is shit. The NSX looks 100 times better than that Lexus.

>The old car was competitively priced when it debuted
It wasn't, plenty of much faster cars for less.

>The new car costs roughly 3x as much
40k more =/= 3x much learn to math.

>doesn't offer much in way of performance.
way more performance for its time than the original in its own time. imagine if the new NSX was only slightly faster than a base-model C6 corvette like the old one was to a base model C4.

>The new car also had mediocre results in GT
lolwut? it' barely started racing and would've gotten 1st in class in its debut daytona race if it were not for another car crashing into it.

>unlike the old car which had won a championship.
The only motorsports the original nSX was ever good in outside that 1 class win in 1995 le mans was Super GT where it shares the least with its production counterpart.
>(who would've thought it would be most successful where its least like an "NSX")

I'm glad its nothing like the original cause it would be an alfa 4c/lotus evora with a lotus badge and the market is already too fucking saturated with too many of those with Saleen making yet another.