/ORG/: gas all weeb editions

V2: Winter edition

Offroad and Overland General. Post vehicles in snow or off the road. 2WD fags welcome. Subaru fags welcome. People who have summer right now welcome.
As long as you're offroad, this is the bread for you.

General Veeky Forums discord:
>discord.gg/NmpUVzD
Disc/org/ server:
>discord.gg/FGMNmeg
new /ORG/ stickie when?
Someone post the zeemap i don't have the link to it

>old thread:
>older thread:

>oldest thread

>/out/ thread
>pirate 4x4 thread
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

ITT:
>trucks with shortest wheelbase
>pulling people out of ditches
>people arguing about subarus
>people who still think 2wd can't do fire trails
>offroad memes
>no weebs
>no anime
>pls no butthurt
>florida and georgia license plates with snow / ice

Other urls found in this thread:

akebonobrakes.com/pro-act
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2wd fags welcome
>implying 2wd fags are ever welcome

Suns out, guns out fellas

thinking about getting a x90. how bad are they?

Made a thread and you faggots let it die

Ayyy my pic is OP.
This is a proud moment in my life

Bwomp

anyone else have constant issues with rotors warping
17” steelies
285/70

How are you braking on those rotors? Are you braking smoothly and over a long distance or are you slamming on the brakes at the last second?

Also what car

braking over long distances
i rarely ever slam on the brakes unless i come across a dank meme

i’ve has rotor issue with both vehicles
05’ LJ
07’ FJ
logic says i’m doing something wrong but fuck if i know what it is

I used to get bad rotor warp when my rear brakes fucked off for a while, so that's a possibility

Also this only works on 1st gen tacomas, but there's a brake upgrade that you can easily do to convert to Tundra brakes. But again that's only for 1st gen tacos

Winter post

>-38°
ya fuckdatshit

>60°
ahhhyyyyiiiiiiisssssss

o welcome back

heeeeeeey tay
WHY AM I A FUCKING RETARD AND ALWATS FUCK MY ROTORS!!!!!!!

not so cold here
>-27°C

going with an upgraded system
apparently i drive like a retard

Went from six inches of snow, to this overnight. Doggo needed a bath anyways, so does the inside of my Jeep now. It's 10c out right now and later tonight its supposed to snap back to -5c.

even the doggo is disappoint

What kind of dog is that?

Not too shabby

Where you at?

Thats his but I dunwanna go home face

He is a Boxer/St Bernard mix, a St Berxer if you will. Both parents are purebred. He will be nine months on the 18th and weighs about 115lbs.

>Boxer/St Bernard mix
i bet your saturated in dog saliva 24/7
>St Berxer
lel
joking right

two great dog breads in one
you got yourself a good doggo there man

>why are you a retard
no
>why are you always fucking up rotors
probably something to do with installation. your new cars shouldn't have that kind of rotor fuckup from driving so that's my only guess

check your calipers or you can even spring for rotor installation warranty from stores if you keep having this issue
>the time you get the warranty is when they lasy 200k

Upgraded brakes are the coolest

Are you evenly torquing wheels with a torque wrench???

>saturated in dog saliva 24/7
He doesn't drool at all thank fuck! I was admittedly a bit worried about it in the beginning.
>joking right
No seriously look it up, apparently its considered a designer breed. We got so lucky with this guy though, very good temperament and behaves extremely well even if he doesn't listen most of the time. Loves the shit outta Jeep rides.

Northern Berta

amazing doggo

Just got this patrol after my 80 started knocking just finished a 3000k road trip yew

>rotor installation warranty
i’ve never heard such a thing before
great idea

i really hope this helps with the warping issues

not systematically but for the most part

holy shit
never heard of it before
keep him healthy and happy man

Where the fuck did you drive three million miles?

>picture upside-down
gee, I wonder

Which one?

Old

What do you guys think/know of previous gen Expeditions? The police package ones aren't that expensive and it seems like it could be a good multipurpose vehicle.

Older one

Get whatever Gen the 99s were.

recommend me a tonneau cover for my long bed tacoma, /org/. looking at a truxedo lo pro qt (!) now for around $500.

fix this picture

>finally going to fix wheel hub leak this Sunday
>bro in law had the same problem on the same front left wheel hub on his 80 series so is going to help
>at least a six hour job requiring us to dismantle almost every single thing on the entire left front axle
>degrease everything
>clean it all
>replace bearing
>repack everything with grease
>refill brake fluid, diff oil
>reassemble everything
>all to replace two $9 seals

Landcruiser master race am I right guys? Based Nippon.

>Buy engine crane
>Buy engine stand
>Buy new set of main and rod bearings
>Buy new timing belt, pulleys, water pump
>Buy new crank front/rear seal
>Buy new key-way and pulley bolt

Half of the shit was just because I was there and had the cash, but if I ever have to replace a crankshaft because the last asshole couldn't be bothered to replace a FOUR DOLLAR, TORQUE TO YIELD BOLT that resulted in a bent crankshaft nose, I'll glass the cunt.

Boy, MX5's are the perfect, cheap little inexpensive cars...

Almost seems like you were better off getting raped by mechanic fees mate. But at least you got all this shit for the next time I guess.

Discluding my personal labour costs, which I invoiced myself for $0, all in I was out of pocket $891. That's 2nd hand crank, machining, ACL bearings, seals, clutch blah blah and a few tools.
The cheapest quote I had was $1300 and that was to drop off the engine and I'd still have to hire a crane, not including any parts that needed replacing while it was open. $2000 drive in, drive out was also the average.

However, that 1300/2k was a 2 day turnaround, parts dependent, whereas it took me 3 weeks largely by myself. Broke and took a gamble, kinda worked lol.

I bet it felt good after having half your fluids/grease replaced though, peace of mind.

Jesus, fuck that then, got quoted for 2K for an engine swap on my old Datsun and went fuck no, done it slowly over 6 months with the boys in the shed over some beers, took 6 months but worth it. Also I'm doing this shit this Sunday coming, 2 slabs of piss and 3 people vs $1800 for a Toyota stealership to do it, no contest.

both of my axle hub inner seals took literally 6 hours to replace. that's with a burst birfield and driving to the other land cruiser guy and getting the new cage for the burst birfield

anyone have any experience with akebono brakes?

akebonobrakes.com/pro-act

And I'm just sitting here, eating pinekjott and waiting to get home so I can adjust my wheelbearings

noice

Difference is, you probably know what the fuck you are doing. When are you gonna swap out that Lexus badge btw?

>6 fucking hours
nigger what were you even doing

>yfw those god fucking damn cone washers

>When are you gonna swap out that Lexus badge btw?
I'll probably just put a giant Lexus translucent decal on my windshield, desu. It shouldn't pretend to be something it's not.

Also to be fair, I think I hecked up the driver's inner seal again so maybe I don't know what I'm doing...

get either the Lund Genesis Elite, or anything from Access is good

I’m doing the opposite of off-road right now. I’m putting Frontier lift blocks in my XTerra (fronty’s spring over axle, X is spring under axle) so the rear will go down 1.5”.
Why?
Less road noise on the freeway, slightly better handling and mpg, curiosity.

Also wanted to ask since I’m an Veeky Forums noob.
What do y’all do with OEM parts after you swap em with upgrades?
I put in Doug Thorley headers and a Gibson cat-back. Love how it drives now but have a bunch of old metal sitting around.

scrap unless there's a core
craigslist if it's worthwhile for someone to want it

>reading comprehension

Took my bro in law that long with 2 of them to do it.

an engine swap and or a new car will make your mpg much, much better

you could've gotten similar effects from MPG if you put on a front valence and side wind deflectors under your car

Sleeping in the back in 10°f sucked, but it was bretty fun otherwise

>supposed to get a snowmageddon
This is the result after 14 hours of "severe winter weather". Why can't I have any fun?

Hey everybody! Did everyone make it through the cold weather? My battery ended up giving itself a viking funeral...

Everything fine here, unfortunately. The weather refuses to get bad. Sucks about the battery, they are getting out of control in price anymore.

Seriously fuck all of you.

All good here.

my truck has been sitting in an airport parking lot for 2 weeks.

cold and alone...

i think that would shut down every major city on the west coast

?

Got ran into a ditch. But could of been worse lol.
Nothing some jb weld or duct tape can't fix

just rip the valence off

Went to where it's warm for the holidays, taking the Subaru with me back to Flagstaff

Meh. I put electrical tape on it until the weather clears up and i feel like dealing with it.
I'm not losing sleep over it

-22 celsius

Oh man I am like little baby.

>My battery ended up giving itself a viking funeral...

You lit it on fire and threw it in the lake? Thought I was the only one who did that...

He's probably drunk

Eh... It set me back $130, so it could have been worse.

At least you don't have to deal with salt I guess? I can feel Murphy's rockers rusting every time I take it out.

:-/

Ayyy! Hows the 6.5 swap coming along? Ever figure out the TCM? I may just give up and get an aftermarket one...

Why?

Same thing happened to my buddy. He didn't fare so well. Pic related.

What brings you out that way? Family?

Fried it trying to start Murph up in -15°F weather. Battery terminal melted and batt caught fire. Scary as shit to see flames shoot from under your hood.

Sad part was when I went to Vatozone up the road for a new one. I plopped it down on the counter and joked "My car wont start I think it might be the Battery..."

Instead of a laugh the rep legit hooked it up and tested it. He said it was fine and just needed a recharge until I pointed out the melted terminal and charring... 650/800cca

oh boy everyone is coming back in this edition of /org/!

>Instead of a laugh the rep legit hooked it up and tested it.

The audacity of that nigger.

>not splashing acid in his face right then and there

Did you have AAA replace your battery?

Out there for school and also I don't wanna live in California

>probably drunk
Well yeah. But I was mostly joking because everyone is getting snow but me.

reminder that 2 bombs weren't enough.

Also its winter? I couldnt tell. its been +5c here all week...

Just checked again now that the precipitation is done. Less than half an inch (10mm or less.) of snow, we didn't even get the layer of ice they bitched about for a week.

is Veeky Forums considered social media?

Haven't touched the Suburban in months other than fishing parts out of it.

Local scrap metal dealer was parting out HMMWVs, so I picked up a TCM from them for $50.

Southern Ontario?

Im very disappointed with the "mega" storm they said we were going to get. I was looking forwards to that 12+ inches of snow. We barely got an inch.

new brakes
new rotors

>tfw you use the new brakes for the first time

Its a good feel

i didn’t realize how fucked the rotors were

what brake pads did you go with?

Eeeh... whatever Milner was selling? No particular brand or anything

One of my pistons (4 pistons per caliper) had gotten stuck and this was the result. I did a reset and emptied them completely, and it seems to be working fine again so far. Still gotta pay attention and make sure it stays non-fucked. If so I'll just order two new calipers and another set of pads

lj?

got a new powerplant for the ol' dookie brown dodge for free nintey free.

holey sheet
i’m assuming norway does not salt their roads?
would vented rotors have helped a situation like this?

the lj’s rotors are probably the only think not fucked
fj pooper now

Not much salt, but after 15 years its not unexpected

Vented as in slotted and/or drilled?