All shitposting aside, is this the only domestic brand that can make somewhat reliable pickup trucks?

All shitposting aside, is this the only domestic brand that can make somewhat reliable pickup trucks?

i used to be a mechanic and work on fleet vehicles, overall Chevy is the best especially the 1999-2009 pickups. worst youre going to repair on them outside of maintenance is a fuel pump and trans cooler line

diesel Dodge Cummins is better but have fun replacing front end and steering parts on them constantly. Fords i wont even touch, breaking Triton spark plugs and shitty ecoboost engines errywhere

I'm about to buy my first ride. But do you think it's a good idea to get Toyota as first ride? the dealer chick said it's like the ak 47 of automotives. she said that Chevy are expensive to repair and harder to find mechanic and parts. unlike Toyota that every shop will accept them.

But Chevy is pleasing to look at. I like the aesthetic compared to Toyota.

>Believing a woman from the stealership

I've had Fords, Dodges, Nissans, Toyotas, and Chevys. The old school Toyotas were the hardest to kill, the later ones(Tundras especially) were kinda shitty. The Nissans are by far the worst, but for some reason I still keep buying 520s and 620s to fuck around with. Never had a Titan, so I can't judge that. The Dodges seem to have good motors, but the rest of the truck seems to fall apart at like 130000 miles. The Fords are like the Dodges, except the engines aren't as good. Powerstrokes are trash compared to a Duramax or Cummins. The Chevys are always the cheapest to keep running, and even though the interiors feel the cheapest when they're new, they seem to hold up the best. I'll probably only get Dodges and Chevys from here on out. I had a T100 way back, and that was probably my favorite of the Japanese trucks.

Considering that ford is now making more intricate stuff where they want you to take it back to the dealership (Even ford techs say this) and dodge being
>FCA
Ya they're the best right now. Always have been IMO. Don't think they ever built something that was catastrophic like ford with the tritons and the 6.0 (now the ecomeme motors where ford techs say to stay away and just get a 5.slow) and dodge being FCA and just downright unreliable with the glass trans on all models and rusting to all hell.

Depends. 1500s had the 4L60e which like to shit the bed if you did serious towing. 4L80s and Allisons are the way to go. Early Duramax diesels were meh with injector issues. 5.3s had some issues (piston slap and lifter tick) but they were never serious or caused harm.

Chevys are by far the cheapest to get parts for, and easiest to work on.

>chevy is expensive to repair and to fina a mechanic
Any brain dead retard can fix a chevy. Chevys (and ferd) are the AK47s of the truck world.

She's tryna sell you a truck and came up with the biggest lie ever lel

Yes.

These things are fucking indestructible.

>Early ones were the hardest to kill.
Not in my experience. My 88 4x4 toyota blew headgaskets like no tomorrow and my 93 4runner constantly had problems with the transfer case.

I did kills a couple head gaskets on 22REs, but they're easy enough to fix. The 2wd 87 that I had went 430,000 miles before I finally gave up on it. I still have a 4wd 87 that runs like a top with 280,000 miles on it.

The 6.0 is a poorfag need not apply truck. 8k in the engine alone, haven’t touched the turbo or injectors yet.

>needing to throw in money to bulletproof the truck
This is why I have a problem with them. I'll just buy the more expensive duramax and not worry about it

Most reliable NEW truck, yes. The 6.2/5.3 reliability is hard to beat. However, the 3.5 Ecoboost will outperform the 6.2 in every way, in every situation, most notably towing. And the 3.5 Ecoboost is quite reliable, but over time you will probably have to put more money into it compared to the Chevy small blocks.

Rebuilt stock injectors will run you 1400 for the 6.0, Duramax injectors are north of 3000. Common rail jewery in action.

Injectors were only a massive issue on LB7s. Haven't heard much about them on later iterations

No I get that, but injectors are a wear item. 3k is a lot of money no matter who you are. I’m sure the newer engines are more expensive.

Are toyotafags really this retarded?

>somewhat reliable pick-ups

Yes user, if you want always reliable as opposed to somewhat you get a Ford.

>buying a vehicle that is intentionally complicated in order for it to be returned to the factory or replaced entirely

No thanks

If there is one thing the Detroit 3 actually try real hard not to fuck up, its their bread and butter body on frame trucks, and to some extent their BoF SUVs.

My friend had a '01 Silverado that lasted until summer last year with about 260,000 miles. That asshole smugly outlasted all of our Japanese commuter cars from high school all the way up to our adult lives. Only thing he replaced funny enough was what mentioned, although he finally sold it after the tranny crapped out on him a second time and finally decided he'd get a new truck, appropriately enough another Silverado 1500.

Domestic make truck parts are easily the cheapest auto parts available considering the sheer quantities in which they are sold every year.

>However, the 3.5 Ecoboost will outperform the 6.2 in every way, in every situation, most notably towing

In towing it does shittier in MPG, although that sweet turbo torque down low helps with towing a whole lot. Beyond that, the NA 6.2L from GM sounds better and is also a far more pleasing motor to drive with because of its responsiveness.

>ecoboost
>reliable
Ford shill pls go

Fords aren't bad but judging by resale values, the GMs and the Tundra are the two that are the best.

I know you said Domestic, but whatevs,
Dude, just hold back your cores the first time you do it and then get them rebuilt, it's like 1200 to have a whole set rebuilt.

I have 105k on the clock and nothing but routine oil changes.

I've seen multiple forum member with 300k+ (the engine is only 7 years old)

What have you done to your ecosnail in terms of mods?

Nothing. If I needed a more powerful truck I'd buy a 250. Every single person who post on the EcoBoost Forum about a "catastrophic engine failure" has had a tune on it.

i guess this concludes the thread. i'm gonna go with chevrolet.

Then you're an idiot.

>get outsold by Ferd 3:1
>good reliable truck

Itt: shills, fanboys and brandwhores

Do not base car buying decisions on what a salesperson, especially a woman, tells you

>Silverados
>reliable
I looked at a brand new 2018 Silverado the other day on the lot, the engine was already rusty. F-150s are the best selling trucks in America for more than a decade for a reason. They are reliable and dependable. GM Cucks can GTFO.

260k miles over 15 years
Tranny goes twice
Fuel pump too

You call that reliable?

You honestly think any vehicle can go 260 THOUSAND miles and FIFTEEN years without something going wrong, and then claim it's unreliable when something does crap out? A vehicle even making it to 15 years is pretty remarkable considering most drivers dump their new vehicles at an average of 6-8 years and depending on the driving environment it may be showing signs of serious rust damage by then.

>all shitposting aside
>ensues shitposting

Top kek op

>1987 Ford F150
>320k miles
>351 Windsor
>5 speed

Only replaced the clutch, AC pulley locked up once and just replaced with idler pulley, replaced a starter. Had a giant camper shell on the back of it that weighed a half ton. Drove it all across the country

The floor boards got really rusty, as did everything got rusty on the body. Engine was solid. Put it in an 89 Bronco. Still runs to this day.

>the engine was already rusty.
Which has precisely nothing to do with reliability. If you aren't a mechanic you know nothing so fuck off.

IRL reliability does not depend on brand, but specific drivetrain. I've seen the worst all of them have to offer while repairing auction vehicles (including assembling trucks from chassis and body donors) at a used car lot. Brandnigs are silly.

All brands have weaknesses. F150 cam phasers, GM transmissions etc. Never be a beta tester and only buy specific, proven drivetrains and your experience will be much more pleasant than otherwise.

I run Chevrolets and Fords because shitload of donors out there due to mass adoption and plentiful aftermarket parts. If I had a use for smoltruk I'd go Toyota, or Nissan to avoid the Toyota meme tax.

>>get outsold by Ferd 3:1
>What is fleetsales?

Sale numbers mean diddly squat. That's almost like saying McDonalds sells the most cheeseburgers but they're not the best cheeseburgers in terms of quality.

>Look, Ma! I can make up lies on the internet and expect people to believe my bullshit!

>asking a question out of curiosity is now considered "shitposting"

Ahh but this is Veeky Forums, i should have expected this.

my car got written off and i want to buy a cheap little pickup

is a low mile 2009 ford ranger gonna be any good?

Only experienced mechanics know anything worth listening to about vehicles except "ooh, shiney!" so ignore salesdroids.

Chevrolet also has best aftermarket support which is highly relevant to keeping a vehicle long term.

Even if they roll over they are easy to sort out or make great organ donors. Also you can easily get your computer reflashed to delete rear 02 sensors, disable shitty VATS, and add a tune if want.

Self and bros assembled my 1999/2000 Silverado from a rollover, a front end hit, and multiple donors. Fucking breeze to work on.

>although he finally sold it after the tranny crapped out on him a second time and finally decided he'd get a new truck, appropriately enough another Silverado 1500.

I'd have done what I did and upgraded the clutches on the first transmission or bought one from a pro rebuilder. Everything that breaks on Chevrolets promptly gets an aftermarket fix.

They're decent little trucks

Gm shill btfo

Chevy is a close second the toyota for trucks.
I'd personally love a tacoma with a lc500 front clip.

Any brain dead idiot can work on a Chevy. They are the easiest vehicles to work on. They also make tons of them and have huge aftermarket support so parts are dirt cheap.
The Toyota might be a bit more reliable but it's parts will be pricy.
Don't worry about finding a place to work on it. Any reputable shop should be able to work on either

He didn't maintain it as well as he should have. In fact, it'd still be running if he'd serviced the tranny fluids like he should have. But he didn't do that once, and his truck carelessly went down. Fuel pump is something everyone here can fix as long as you aren't careless with the wiring. He was the perfect example of a guy who used his vehicle daily as his appliance, did bare minimum to keep it running, and run well she did.

>posts about reliability, still mentions wear and tear replacement
Like everyone else in this thread is mentioning, all of these brands have their strong points and weak points. Your shit stinks like everyone else.