Using anything other than 87 octane

>using anything other than 87 octane

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zf-OYXlhJis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Measurement_methods
pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Living in a shithole that doesn't offer 93 octane.

>his pumps don't start at 91

Not using only 98+

Is it better to have a sports-car that can run on low octane or high? what i mean is, would you prefer a car that makes 500 HP on 93 or 500 HP only on 98/100+?

>being slow

>driving a pos

>non-RON-octane numbers

>having 87 octane

>there are "countries" where you can buy anything less than 95 octane

>my engine is making a hollow knocking sound, what is it?

america is so behind when it comes to grades of fuel.

no one else in the world uses anything lower then 91.

95 is a mix of 98 and 91 and anything over 91 is a waste of money as it makes no fucking difference, i have used 98 and its used up quicker then if a use 91....

>image was funny enough to begin with
>let's explain the joke by giving the vulture utensils and ketchup
>oh and here's pepe telling you what emotion to feel

fuck i hate nu-Veeky Forums

>failing to understand octanes function this hard

what car? most nip sports cars are designed to run 98+ where the eco tire shit is tuned to run 91 specifically.
t. my Rav4, maxima, outback and lancer all had "use 91 only" on the fuel door. But the 2.5-TT and 4.0 soarers I had said to use 98.

henda is a retard
probably doesn't even know the US calculates octane differently which results in a lower number for the same grade of gas, but not actually lower octane.

>living in a country where anything below 95 exists

fuck you bitch.

but those cars can run... oh hang on a second oh thats right they are fucking shit vehicles oh cant go running low octane it might fuck the engine up

who's henda...
who gives a fuck about the US......... nope no one.

stick your US shit up your ass bitch...

fucking soi boi cunts the lot of you.

buy a truck and be a man and no not a faggg.

>complaining about images
fuck I hate nu-Veeky Forums

It's always nice to see the euros' lack of understanding and tendency to jump to conclusions bite them in the ass every time octane is brought up.

>buy a truck soyboy hurr
Compensating much?

Please explain.

>buy a truck and be a man and no not a faggg.
ok bubba. show me where the civic passed you.

youtube.com/watch?v=zf-OYXlhJis

oh good i got you's if you think my comments are so stupid then why are you replying to them then.

>modern 4channer is a pussy bitch.
>sick of all the fucking cunts on here.

i have heard enough of your small talk.

in not european or american.
you would never work out where in from. anyway i have already told people where im from a week ago.

>anons are such fucking sook's

>i have already told people where im from a week ago
no one give a shit about you tripfag.

why do you post lots of heavy commercial trucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Measurement_methods

>using petrol
>not using LPG to save money

Please consider suicide

>tfw yuropoor
>tfw they banned stuff over 87 because of muh environment.

It is same as 91-92 in Euro. see and
pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html

>ME BIG BRAIN
always nice to see someone who thinks their a lot smarter than they really are.

>using anything less than Eur101

Is 92 octane a thing? Srs question. I've seen 91 and 93.

Implying he wasn't taking the piss out of yet another retarded none standard measurement system, like saying Britbongs and Septics have the same waist size of 85, only the Brits measure in cm and the Americunts in inches.

RON95 is da real shit

>complaining about complaining about images

Yes. It used to be what they used in California until it dropped to 91. I vaguely recall seeing pumps with 92 in certain parts of Florida. Off the top of my head a few GM crate engines are apparently recommended to take 92

How is this even a question
500hp on pump gas is preferable by far
Do you want to buy race gas just to drive it at all

>hendra
>capable of even basic thought
haha don't flatter him

>Hendra and Dr Krieger are the same person
>feeling inclined not only to trip but to trip /twice/

Kys my man.

>tfw you live in europe and you buy 95 because they don't sell anything lower than that

You're full of shit you silly septic. You don't even know why we use a different grade fuel.
HINT: It has nothing to do with "quality" or "emissions" because ocatne rating has fuck all to do with those things you inbred shoulder licker.
>faggot
>false flag
False Flaggot

Lots of pumps in Florida have 93 for their premium gas

>Complaining about complaining about compaling about compliningng abut complin abot comninf abt comg a comn

>He doens't use 85 for that cheap fuel

>Tfw plebs ain’t using that GT 260

500hp on 87.

Octane rating is a measurement of a fuel's detonation tolerance or stability. The higher the octane, the more has been done to the gas to make sure it doesn't detonate causing knock.

The reason higher octane gas is more expensive is that more goes into making it, and possibly other market forces at work.

I'd love an engine that can belt out 500 hp on a lower octane rating fuel. Whether that is even possible or not given the materials we have to build engines with, and the characteristics of the combustion you'd need to produce it, I don't know. Would have to do the math.

Unless you have an engine tuned for higher compression that would actually warrant the higher rating, using stuff like that is just you falling for an expensive marketing gimmick aimed at braindead poseurs who think higher numbers are always better and that other people will somehow be impressed by this.

Use the fuel your engine is designed/tuned for. Stacy will still be impressed with your toy car without you pissing money directly into the atmosphere.

Is it really so hard for people to check what the manufacturer recommends in the god damn owners manual

diesel is so much better than gas you fools.

Owning a diesel car is way more expensive here though.
You need to drive 50k km or more per year to profit from the cheaper fuel.

>His daily driver doesn’t have 13.5:1 compression big block under the hood.

Your 91 is out 85

91 Octane is 98 AKI, dumb euro

93 AKI is 98 RON, dumb burger

>not Petro Canada 94 Ultra
It must be plebian hour

>leaf fuel

The fuel octane honestly doesn't matter on the performance if it's what the engines suppose to use, if you have a sports car made to use 83 and use 93 you'll lose performance the whole octane thing is just dickwaving

>putting ethanol in your tank and losing 100km of range
That said, if 87 was available ethanol-free, I'd use it. 94 is expensive, but the extra range balances it out.

>Not driving a Porsche
>Not needing 92
It's like you hate performance

Educate yourself before you post.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

oh im sorry did i offend you.

fuck off you cunt.

fuck you

fuck you in the ass

i bet you have cancer

oh im sick of americans that talk about fuel.

wow look at all the replies i got
you are all fucking cunts..... that just wasted their time replying to me
last laugh is on you all.

you bunch of mary's make me sick, the lot of you should be ashamed at what you say on here.

>low octane
knock knock knocking on heavens door.

98 RON = 93 AKI
95 RON = 91 AKI
91 RON = 87 AKI

Also what the fuck US? We dropped 91 RON more than twenty years ago already.

I just hope you people realize that higher octane doesn't mean higher performance through more efficient burn or something. It doesn't even indicate fuel quality.

Higher compression engines like performance engines state the use of high octane fuels to prevent the air/fuel mix from burning too efficiency and igniting too soon causing engine knock. In modern cars the ECU would detect this and adjust engine timing to prevent damage, thus causing a reduction in performance and an increase in performance when the intended octane rating is used in the engine.

So it's not technically the higher octane rating that is responsible for more power. It's just the engine operating how it should. You are merely observing the difference between normal operating power and reduced ECU adjusted inefficiency.

And zero benefit comes from using premium in an engine with a comparatively low compression.

>Im a tripfag busrider

>And zero benefit comes from using premium in an engine with a comparatively low compression.

For the octane level itself? No. But frequently premium fuels use more and better additives.
Over here it's even more noticeable, most pumps have both Base 95 (no additives whatsoever) and Premium 95. Same octane rating, but I can still tell the difference when using one or the other.

>not driving best fuel

ohhh shit i hope you dont realise that additives dont do shit its just a marketing gimmick.

some old german man told me that any additive is just shit they try to scam onto people.
that moly shit is a scam as i watched a vid and they said the person did not change their oil or some shit, and when they showed you the valve gear it looked like the bastards just smeared graphite grease all over the gear to make it look as if its dirty.

We just have one of each octane rating over here. I had seen pictures and read about european countries and asian/arabian countries that seemed to have the same get up, so I just assumed it was the same worldwide.

Sounds to me like they are selling standard 95 as "premium" and removing whatever these additives are and calling it base 95. Unless we don't even get those additives here. Who knows.

It's like our postal service. The standard delivery time is actually marketed as express, while the "standard" delivery is actually held for a few days to create a market for express deliveries.

When I said I can tell the difference, I meant I can fucking tell the difference. I have an old MK2 1.2 Clio that will fail and stutter occasionaly when warm with base fuel, and not skip a beat with premium, from the moment I fill with any of them. Been trying alternating them for about 4 months now and it's consistent everytime.
Plus the difference between them is 0.03€ anyway.

>he uses 10 percent ethanol gasoline

its all a crock but go on and believe the shit.

you see what you think is better is merely a octane booster that increased the utput ever ao slightly thus making you think....
oh must be good when in fact its just a marketing gimmick and you fell for it so badly.

someone once told me to run a valve saver fluid in my old landrover, as it is desgined to run fuel that has lead in it, but i worked out later on the valve saver fluid is merely a kerosene blend shit that does no benefit to your car in fact all it would do is burn off and not do shit.

additives out there are marketed to fool people into to thinkingf it will benefit when in fact it would do more harm as the cleaners do clean and dislodge the carbon.... guess what carbon and oil is like a grinding paste.

look at this pic, they say its a dirty engine when in fact they just smeared balck graphite grease all over the vavle gaer... see its a scam they lie to the public and mislead them into thinking thats carbon that has built up when its just grease.

>merely a octane booster that increased the output ever so slightly
You mean allowed the engine to run as it should, using the octane rating it was designed to run, and not having the ecu gimping performance by adjusting timing?

Right?

Anyway, here is vitalik buterin and a lambo from his crypto gains on eth

Ah ok, the car knows which fuel I've put and is intentionally tricking me. Thanks, got it.

what no i didnt say that you fucking jew.

what shit you talk, i just fucking said they have a octane booster in there to make you think it has more up and go.

fucking forget it..... you dumbass jew have no idea what im talking about

>the car knows which fuel I've put
Yes, that's right

>You mean allowed the engine to run as it should, using the octane rating it was designed to run, and not having the ecu gimping performance by adjusting timing?

>make you think it has more up and go

Read again retard
>I have an old MK2 1.2 Clio that will fail and stutter occasionaly when warm
>fail and stutter
The car fucking jerks mid-acceleration, it doesn't get any more noticeable than this.

>not using 110 leaded

>implying
The dude has one, maybe two other trips. """the cazador""" is also him. The autistic truck fetish really gives it away.

Yes, by being retarded.

Turn up da boost

I am australian you fuckin idiot. Hendra is philippino or something. I dont know who this kreiger is, he is newer. Hendra has been around longer, but I predate hendra a bit.

If you lurked biz, you'd know this.

>implying I have a choice
Fuck you OP

tfw same price as gas over here

>93 ethanol free
absolutely based

Over where

In Australia we measure octane using a different system, we have 91/95/98, and then e10 (10% ethanol). I only use 91 because you'd have to be a retard to put high octane gas in your car unless it actually requires it. Even my brand new V8 runs fine on the lowest octane petrol.

Wawa gas stations use 92 for premium

Has this idiocy transcended into meme status to where I am being memed if I respond to it?

not many places use 91 RON anymore. I filled up in DC recently and 91 was 3 cents per gallon from 93

>not running pure lead fuel
LOL plebs.

>Not using 85 Octane

The lines between 'I am actually retarded and here is my proof' and 'I was just acting retarded but actually I'm ignorant' are very blurry.

I don't care, I'd put 75 if it was cheaper