New Car - Ford Edge ST

Straight to the specs -
> 2.7L twin-turbo EcoBoost V6
This is the same engine from the Ford F150 and the Fusion Sport

>335 hp and 380lb-ft of torque

>eight-speed automatic
There isn't a manual option told anywhere. It's also very less likely that Ford will make an manual gear option for the Edge ST.

>sport tuned suspension

>AWD

News Links -
roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a14783801/2019-ford-edge-st-specs-info-pictures/

caranddriver.com/news/2019-ford-edge-st-photos-and-full-info-news

So ideally this is like a more practical version of the Focus RS.

Rear 3/4

Wheel

Interior - 1

Interior - 2

The fuckin Ford Performance lineup.

So what do you think about the new Ford Edge ST?

Discuss!

Why?

Because crossover soccer mom money.
But not just any soccer mom. Speedy soccer mom with that one "cool car".

I'm guessing this is a North American exclusive because only Americans would buy one?

>edge st
>not taurus st

>mfw people still buy Ferds other than the F150

>copied the shitty fusion interior
why ferd, why.

>automatic

What a pile of plastic shit. Look at those horrific fake exhaust tips. Imagine how dated these will look in a few years. We are in the worst design age since mid to late 90s for domestics

Who cares about another shitty crossover?

an Escape ST makes more sense than Edge, for people who wants fun and practicallity in a smaller crossover, like a Forester XT.

Wrong, for the mom who wants a crossover and the dad who wants something with a sports badge on it.

exists to make ford money

Ford has a pretty good "performance" lineup going these days. they've got a variety of car platforms to pick from (hot hatch, hotter hatch, crossover, muscle car, offroad truck, supercar) and are generally quite affordable. other manufacturers might have one or two cars that compete like the Golf GTI but no one else has that much variety and all but one is less than $80k.

Taurus SHO will always be the high performance version, plus Ford is an inch away from killing the Taurus anyway.

who buys a manual crossover? who even makes a manual crossover?

it only seems that way because ford has no brand structure
other brands will have the higher-end branch make the special models while all of fords expensive cars have the same shit plastic interior and rattles

Holy shit, can't wait to get one! I think my wife might even let me borrow it sometimes!

>more practical focus rs

no its going to be slow

>automatic

Holy shit I can almost feel that cheap ass interior. Went to test drive a new Taurus when they got resigned in 2010, scared me off from any of fords cars. That they are still making the same Taurus with the shitty interior and that it looks like they are continuing its shitty interior legacy with this crossover is nothing short of amazing.
Good thing their trucks at least have decent interiors.

I kinda like it,
it looks sharp and the big nose hides the fact that it's actually pigfat.
but...
>automatic
it's ok tho, it's not like I'd be getting one or anyone else who actually has driving skill and passion.

imagine being this stupid

I think this is the first ST to not be exclusively manual.
All the older STs (ST170, Mondeo ST, Mk 6 Fiesta and so on) were manual only and the current Fiesta/Focus ST are too

I think you can get a crosstrek in manual

There's already an edge sport. They literally added 20hp and an st badge

well that's something you'd expect when cars like Crossovers make it to this category.
I really don't understand why did the US forced their hands to the ST cars. Could they really not come up with anything themselves?

>the fiesta ST dies for this

they should kill the Focus ST, FiST is a great cheap option while RS is the expensive enthusiast configuration. Focus ST is some weird place in between, if you want the fun of the FiST but the versatility of the larger Focus you might as well give in and buy a proper crossover with a good engine and AWD.

Would fuck/10

In clapistan

Disappointed. I was expecting Ford to release their Murrican hell by developing a fast ass engine that could take on Jeep's Grand Cherokee SRT or the new Trackhawk.

I really want to commit suicide

Over a car? Methinks you have more underlying issues to worry about. Seek some help, my guy. It'll do you some good.

>sport tuned SUVs
Yaaaaaay...

The Focus RS is 35 thousand dollars and the Fiesta ST is for midgets, fuck off

I see way more Focus STs than Fiesta STs. Ford sold much more of them.

Ford would need an Ecoboost V8 for that.

so get a Ford™ Edge™ ST™ as your next SAV™! see your local Ford™ dealership for offers!

Might have to drop the Ecoboost name then.

You either have the Eco or the Boost, can't have it both ways.

t. lardass

Nope, just tall dark and handsome. Stay mad small fry.

I'm 6'3 and pushing 17 stone, I fit in the Fiesta absolutely fine. Not in the back obviously but there's acres of room in the front and I can sit far back enough to heel-toe comfortably

I'd rather ride trunk in a Porsche

Really? You're my height and almost 70 pounds heavier. I can't imagine fitting into a Fiesta if I was you.

bigger naturally aspirated engine > boosted garbage that's going to be nothing but a headache in the long run

so fucking stupid, and all to get a couple more em pee gees

guess you just aren't trying hard enough

I mean thanks dude, I think about it sometimes but I never will. Just saying that I love cars and I hate the way things are going rn as far as everything becoming a crossover.

I don't think it's about "muh emm pee gees" most likely it's California's emmisions laws, car companies need to have an average emmisions rating to be allowed to sell, ford sells too many trucks to be able to put V8s in everything like chev

This or someone who always just buys the most expensive trim without knowing what they are getting.This same person will probably complain about the ride quality or noise.

I'm in the same boat, it will be great for taking her son to/from school.

This is replacing the sport.

If anything the Fiesta ST is the pointless one, it is barely cheaper than a Focus ST.

If you have a family, you need more space than a Fiesta. If you are single, why bother with a Fiesta? Just get a Mustang.

I really don't want to "try" to fit into a car. I want it to fit me effortlessly. Like a well fitted suit.

its much better at autox

So...it's the new edge sport.
Except instead of sport, it has an st badge.
Why?
Will the fusion get the same treatment as well?

>everywhere is America
I'd love a Mustang but cheap ones in the UK are all LHD and shagged, as well as mostly autotragic
A Monaro would be a better bet but more expensive

because mustangs are more expensive

I’m so tired of this shit car company #chevyridinhiboi

Holy shit please fuck off back to Facebook if you're not being ironic.

Ferd doesn't have any RWD SUV platform

>I can't fit in a FiST
Eat a salad fatty.

Pipe down, squirt

How fast is it predicted? 0-60 in... 5.0sec? 1/4 mile...?

The current Edge Sport which is what this thing is minus 20 hp does 0-60 in 5.7s with a mid 14s quarter mile. Don't expect the extra 20 hp to work miracles on those numbers.

I have a regular edge, v6 285hp. As my daily driver it honestly hauls ass and handles curves like a dream, mom-mobile deluxe but that's why I have other toys

So with this reveal out of the way, when are we getting the new GT500? Some say it'll be tomorrow, or at least on the first day of the detroit auto show.

I'm about to purchase a FiST, Mustang is too big, I like small light cars.

Confirmed never driven a Fiesta ST. You need a spacer for the accelerator pedal to heel-toe comfortably.

Is anyone else surprised they went with the ST naming instead of a raptor?

It doesn’t make any sense at all considering what the st name is for all all the other names they could have used raptor, sport, gt etc

raptor is for off road vehicles

I mean if you want a Ford Edge this is the one to get, but I dont want a Ford Edge. Id rather have a Fiesta ST or a Focus RS that doesnt blow head gaskets.

I’m happy about it for the simple sake of an automaker having an expansive performance lineup. I think only The God Maker, Lexus, is close to them right now. Even if it weren’t Ford I just like to see a company embrace and market performance.

I wish this were the engine going into the ecoboost mustang. We can only dream.

hideous

>a fucking SUV has a 0-60 .3 seconds slower then my mid 90's corvette

I think it's time to upgrade.

my MOM drives a ford edge

slapping a base model engine from a MOM truck into a MOM SUV doesn't make it a sports car

I saw this headline the other day, about Ford's new "performance SUV" and was hopeful it'd be an Explorer or even Escape. Oh well.

I'd rather a forester with manual and good AWD

I assure you, the mid 00s was far worse.

I bought a used FiST and the diff between the two was around 5k give or take a lil. Idk bout you but that's not "barely cheaper" in my eyes.

Will it have the 10 speed auto?
Really is the only thing matters. Even in my 6speed highway cruising is pretty noisy at 80mph.

8 apparently.

Why.

Yes it does. Are you retarded? It's literally the second best selling big SUV in the country.