*ruins modern car design*

*ruins modern car design*

if i'm ever in a crash i have a much lower chance of becoming a vegetable so i'm ok with that.

>Ruins the driver

At least they were more focused on the road with those consequences in mind.

old cars just weren't designed to crash, they are better with fender benders, but at higher velocities, they are deathtraps no matter how thick the metal is.

energy absorbing crumpet zone

lol DUI was 10x more common a few decades ago m8
>no matter how thick the metal is
Thicker metal actually makes it worse since it adds more weight to be stopped than it adds rigidity

lol no, road safety was barely a thing back then and in most 1st world countries seat belts weren't compulsory until the 70s and 80s

my parents are in their 60s and both have stories of their parents and family members driving home drunk from the pub or restaurants all the time, it was incredibly commonplace.

The two things that ruined car design are pedestrian head clearances resulting in high bonnet lines and women in SUVs resulting in high side lines.

yadda yadda "driving while tired is actually as dangerous as dui"

is there any way to decently design cars with todays pedestrian and driver regulations?

no, that's why every car after 96 is retarded.

Same, all the boomers still alive in my family still drunk drive basically every day because that's how it was 40 years ago

Take your gluten somewhere else faggot

lower the engine thus lowering the 'nearest hard surface' and bringing the entire belt line lower

lexus tried with their 2018 LC500, they have little pistons under the hood to elevate it in case of crash
that's how they managed to keep the hood so low

This looks like a job for Subaru. Or anything rear engined.

Go shill your fake luxury brand somewhere else.
What you describe was mandatory in 2012, all hoods now pop up and stick up on the windshield side so pedestrians don't get massacred.

Take the four-cylinder engines and mount them at an angle. Like the legendary Mopar slant-six. Problem solved.

vehicles should be death traps imo

1- how is this shilling ?
2- in which world are pop up hoods a standard ?

chill faggot, I don't care about your imaginary brand war

hes got 200lbs of crumple zone