Renault Clio

Veeky Forumstists I'm planning to purchase a 2015 renault clio anything i should know/tips/look out for?

thanks in advance

yeah.. don't. why would you buy a literal used Dacia Sandero? Just buy a new Sandero.

cool car user, enjoy it.

RS or regular?

Shit car. My gf has one with the exclusive pack or whatever, and I DD one at work in the shittiest trim possible.

> The suspension will give up on you past 20.000 km. from then on, the car will have a natural steer to the left and fuck you that's why.

> The engines are a sad joke, from the 1.2 to the 1.6 dci. don't know about the gasoline versions tho.

> it won't drift like a kangoo or stick to the road like any decent car. It will just suddenly slip when it best suit it.

> esthetics are meh tier, but it's subjective

> Full plastic interior, cramped space, shitty seats.

That's pretty much it. The only benefit is the fuel economy, and even then, some other cars can do as well without all the flaw.

tldr: don't buy this pos

T. froggy mac frogman from baguette land

Regular trim
1.2 turbo

First car with a fairly limited budget..

Shitty interior build quality.
Plus it's noisy as fuck at motorway speeds.

Apart from that, I guess it looks good.

Even a MG6 would beat it in terms of Drive enjoyment.
>T. Driven Both

> First car

> buy new

shiggidydidoopdoop

2015 pal

skidditylearn2read

Check insurance premiums before you buy mate, 1.2L regular trim insurance premiums shouldn't be too bad, especially on Renaults, but then again I haven't checked the newer ones, but try to stick under 1300 a year if you can, but if you can opt for no box then definitely do it, as the company with the box can be a fucking pain in the arse to deal with even if you're driving fine.

>3 years old, probably closer to 2

Who sells their car in that time? People who brought a shit car.
Pinch your pennies user, get a nicer car that's a little older. Especially for a first car.

Nice Dacia.

Well, as a frenchman, I will NEVER EVER buy a french car.
And for the same price range, you can get something a bit more reliable with a less shitty interior like a Mazda 2. Other option for something a bit older is a Suzuki Swift. If you want a not shitty VAG variante, Skodas are a good choice.

>renault
>ever

get a phase 2 it has a "better" interior and way less noise on the highway
also don't get a 1.2 it's the same engine as the first gen twingo it's ok if turboed otherwise you would be better with either the 0.9 turbo or a small diesel

renault badge is a symbol that means vagina in my country. therefore you're gonna be driving a car with vagina symbol on its hood. very fitting to your choice.

Is the RS any good? I really like the styling of it.

>Who sells their car in that time? People who brought a shit car.
a significant portion of people who fall for the finance scam

DCT only, ruins the point of a funbox

Oh i didn't know that, that makes the Megane RS infinitely superior.

The old Clio RSs were fantastic though, it's just one gen that's only available with a DCT that massively lets the rest of the car down.
Get a 208 GTi PS instead if you want a modern French hot hatch, it's really fucking good.

Yeah i might go for something French. Really nice how wide the selection of hot hatches in Yurop is. With the Polo GTI, the Cupras and all the French cars.

>le vagina logo brand
>le jack meme brand

Come on OP even among yuropoors, hell even among french people, the french brands are considered almost bottom of the barrel. A family member of mine is a sales representative and drives roughly 70k km per year for his job, he keeps getting clio's as his working vehicles which are okay for what they are but even the stationwagon variants are lacking in interior space

Might as well get an astra or a polo senpai, atleast the polo's diesel engines are indestructible if you remove the EGR and PCV

Also consider the Swift Sport (a size class down but really fun) and the obligatory Fiesta ST, and they're expecting Skoda to launch a Fabia vRS this year too if you want a cheaper Polo GTI.

For a cheap, sort of new, reliable and decent car I would recommend the Skoda Rapid. It is one of the better compact city cars. Just avoid the 1.2 TSI petrol engine, more specifically the 105 bhp version.

The swift is a B segment car, just like the polo and clio famalam

I guess it moved up a class then, it always used to be a supermini/A-segment car a la Twingo.

I have a 2015 Clio, not the base trim, but not the highest trim either.
1.5 dci.

Goodish acceleration, tops at around 200km/h, torque completely dies above 3000rpm.
Very good fuel economy.
Shit plastic interiors.
Rather noisy on the highway, consider going to an official stand to change the little windows' (next to the mirrors) seals, they'll do it for free. Those seals are shit amd the main reason for the noise.
Mine has 70000km, more or less, and zero problems beside those seals. I fully expect the shit interior plastics to start squeaking in less than three years from now.
Infotainment system is one of the best at the time it came out.
Suspension trades stability for comfort, so you can't just drive around like a madman.
Don't get one with the red paint, it costs a shitload to repaint if you ever scratch it.

If you have any question, just ask.

Skoda Fabia

top rated for reliability as long as you get the 1.4l engine without turbo
The turbo models are more prone to failure

Sweet spot is used < 5 years and < 50000km