Is she right? Is speed not everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ftoiPpacpbM
youtu.be/ocC8MueSs_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>straight line speed isn't everything
is what she's trying to say.

True, Autobahn gets old pretty quickly

Speed and power are for teenaged benchracers.

why do people turn cars that werent meant for drag racing into drag cars? It makes my blood boil.

I'm starting to think that speed is nothing, especially on public roads, and that I'd rather cruise in comfort and style.

Because they can?

not slowing down is where its at

That or get a slow car with good dynamics so you can really wring it out and still stay pretty legal.

This always felt like a cope for people who don't have the balls to drive fast or can't get a fast car.

>Is speed not everything?
Not really.

I've been riding 190km/h for 6 hour in a single day, boring as shit.
The best roads are the ones you just can't break 100km/h on.

Any car can be a fast car; spray and boost make dreams come true!

Because fuck you

Anyone who mixes non-english adjectives in english sentences should be shot

>former midnight members now are shitposting on anime imageboard
truly /ourguys/

yeah i found one right here

Why do people turn cars that were made for everyday driving into racing cars?
The answer is because it's fun.

some of the most fun I've had while driving was taking a proper shitbox around palomar mountain trying to keep my speed up. it's extremely satisfying.

Reminds me of that civic i always see in the LIE once a year.
Never seen fatter front tires on a shitbox.

depends on the circumstances
> on a drag strip speed and acceleration is everything
> good driving in a city is being able to safely get from point A to point B

Real nigga hours

>tfw had a friend with a shitbox civic that he put coil overs on so he could rally it around ocotillo
>also ran a shot of nitro directly from the bottle with some tubing from harbor freight

youtube.com/watch?v=ftoiPpacpbM
anyone can press the gas? no, you need the balls to not let up.

youtu.be/ocC8MueSs_A
is there anything manlier than rowing through the gears while you run a 10 second quarter mile as you chief down a cigar?

driving slow car fast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> driving fast car slow

Driving fast car fast>>>>>>>>>>>>>Driving slow car fast>Driving fast car slow

I wish people would stop using this lame ass argument.

Thank fuck I grew up driving thiccc touges so much more fun.

Barrling into a corner and shooting out at 120-200+ is much more fun than doing 300+ on a highway just because of g forces alone

driving slow car fast = you're barely speeding/breaking laws, you're going through consumables slower
driving fast car fast = enjoy crashing or being thrown in jail or paying for super expensive tires and brakes

>b-but track cars

90% of "car enthusiasts" never take their cars to the track and only 1% of drivers can fully exploit something that's faster than a wrx or gti

This.

I'm in the process of putting 275 square setup on my boat for the lols
Babby v8 here only make 400hp and weigh alot so having to manage body roll brakes and Tyre temp is allot of fun especially 50-120kmph where everything starts to struggle and grip becomes the biggest concern

>Muh track
Circuit sluts lool u need your walled garden to feel safe meanwhile real men are drifting on the touge and sharting around in heavy traffic rain hail or shine at stupid speeds not giving a literal fuck.

It isn't. The faster and quicker a car is the less fun it is on public roads. A slow car gets you more time with your foot to the floor, more time at the limits and less time breaking the law.

>just break the law fag

Have fun losing your license.

>Barely speeding
Then you're just driving, you're not driving fast.
Just because you're happy with swinging your moms corolla around a roundabout at 30km/h, doesn't mean swinging a 1000hp GT-R isn't.
If your argument is that slow cars fast = speed limit +10% then that's a terrible argument.

I get the feeling that not everyone has the same concept of 'fast' as others, and that driving a 'fast' car at the same speed as a slow car fast is still, by their own definition, fast. It's just a shitty argument. It should be something like "Driving a miata at the limit is more fun than driving a track prepped car at the limit of the miata" Both are gonna be just as fast, but the miata would be more intense and rewarding.

I choose not to shart in my car. The smell would be unbearable.

Not him but this is objectively wrong.

Tyres > rims = suspension > power at the wheels = torque

Brakes are only useful for repeated pulls or long road races 30-1hr+

A fast car going fast you will run into the ceiling sooner yes but you get there alot quicker and can keep it there comfortably and safer than a clapped shitbox with fucked everything.

Adjustable suspension dampers and coilovers should be a minimum requirement for any carfag as well as 255 width rubber and 200hp manual

I do a lot of air fresheners steam wetdry vac in my car.

Mines been sitting for the last 4 months it's gonna need a very good clean

>Good driving isn't about speed

Fundamentally wrong. You need to go fast to win. Someone needs to put a muzzle on their bitch.

>car enthusiasts can’t respect other enthusiasts

Agreed.
>Good driving is not about speed
I'm sure she means straight line, top speed 'speed', but you can't be going through a corner at 20mph with perfect lines and talk shit about someone hitting a 200mph limiter on the straight.
Going fast is going fast, you may only be doing 50mph through a corner, but if you're at the limit, that's no different to someone topping out in 6th on a straight.

The point you made is what I think everyone else is trying to convey. I can personally agree. Ever since I've modded the suspension on my car I can tell that driving's less exciting because the limits to it are much higher than they were before. Now I don't feel like I'm doing work to maintain control, and everything just flows smoothly. I'm by no means saying that the car isn't fun, but I just haven't pushed it passed it's new limits yet.

>not wanting a 1000hp Prius just because fuck you

As far as autistic hobbies go nobody seems to know how to drive let alone drive well.

Normies ruined modern shitboxes with TCS and abs shit u can't turn off let alone 3500lb+ land submarine styled suvs that are more boring than ever before.

That and the average sports car costs 30-70k nobody can afford them

Thank fuck for used cars and dumb normies getting leases and stupid shit like loans to pay for them and selling them at a total loss 5-10+ years later after they lost all their value.

My car was worth 80k+ in 2002 and I got it for 4

Right? When I changed from chinko rubber and 15 year old OEM shocks to direzza Zii's and koni yellows, I could take corners twice as fast but feel more composed than before.
Yes, I agree driving my shitty miata at the limit over an F40 with a 10mph limiter would be more fun, but wouldn't everyone?

What car?
Mine's a 2010 Mustang GT. All in all I spent around $2500 on Sumitomo all-seasons, Powerstop Drilled/slotted rotors, and a full BMR suspension kit which included front and rear adjustable sway bars (and links), panhard rod and panhard support, adjustable upper and lower control arms (and relocation brackets and mounts), weld on subframe connectors, strut tower brace, lowering springs, and GT500 upper strut mounts.
At this point between the power mods done on top of the aforementioned suspension overhaul, it feels like an entirely different car compared to stock.

>that's no different to someone topping out in 6th on a straight.
except topping out 6th on straights is fucking boring and going in straight line on a track is only used as a moment of rest to focus and prepare for the next corner.
That's right.
0-60 on track is the boring downtime where you don't have to do anything.
Go fuck yourself dragracers, your sport is not a race its about who can throw most money at a car.

A smol NA miata. Picking up some 15x7.5's and Nankang AR-1's on Monday.
I'm not as far down the rabbit hole as you are, but the rubber was a night and day change that necessitated the shocks to be looked at, as well. As it sits now, the springs are a little soft and I'm 100% sure the AR-1's will make me buy stiffer springs, too. Driving my old mans Nissan Terrano feels like I'm in a dingy now and I'm scared of rolling it at 20km/h.

I was going to get a 4-point cage welded to the chassis for stiffness, but because I'm 6'2" it would interfere with my leg room that is already nonexistent.

I had widered stance a bit for my car so I had to grab coils to prevent wheels from hitting the wheel arches.
Before I was never braking for corners even if they were tight 90 degree ones and was accelarating out of them
now I can do it without tyre squeal and rubbing sound. Thanks to where I live there are still many roads where even going at the speed limit is well above most cars ability and it gets kinda hairy with mine.
Plus I track it anyway and I find that I drive the same rough setup on track as I do every day to work is very enjoyable.

>Have fun losing your license.
>people who don't have the balls to drive fast

Point still stands.

i know that feel.
I went from auto throttle by wire and driving nannies up the ass rav4 to 6 spd manual MRS.
I don't feel like the big car is going to roll, I feel like its ridiculously overweight and I get very very angry at the throttle by wire and autoshit
Made me realize comfort is worthless and driving enjoyment is all I need

>literal larper
kek