The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rupture or saturation fire?

can they actually hit things with their gun or not?

Fags BTFO again!

80 aim, so I think he can hit stuff?

>10pm
>still 31C° outside
>its actually one of the coldest this week

Fucking end me, please.

All vipers must fucking hang

80 aim means that at optimal distance he only has an 80% chance of hitting a flanked enemy, which is pretty bad honestly
unless you give them an Aim PCS or a scope then i'd just go with saturation fire

brit i assume?

this tbqh

I don't think hanging will work on snakes

We need Tygan to research a new noose

Tygan is busy with reproducing ADVENT burgers

He's opening a new XFC: XCOM Fried Crysalid
ADVENT Burger can't compete.

I'd like to be a game developer like Jake. Hell, I'd love to work for him.

He seems like such a bro to be around.

>xcom's new plan for liberating earth is to displace advent from local markets and drive them out of business

They're made from dogs

This guy is now in front of your rookie, what do?

What are the best mods for OpenXcom? How is Men in Black.

Gas grenade

nah, hungary

Show him what a real sword is like.

FMP is a mess but still very fun
PirateZ is the biggest overhaul
X-COM Files is pretty fun
Those are the ones I have personal experience with. Obviously there are lots of smaller ones, but those are up to you how you want to mix and match them.

>How is Men in Black
That's the standalone enemy mod? I haven't used it with a vanilla campaign, but in FMP they are a well fleshed out faction to fight against.

That would be one slow robot

well, a based as fuck steamboat could run down one
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM

>Beagle's XCOM stream has more fucking pubg than xcom

he can't keep getting away with this

this week's review should just be about his pubg stream and i'll be incredibly disappointed if it isnt

So besides everything we've seen so far, has there been any word on any new standard cosmetics? Voices, props and such? I know there's new music which I'm hyped as fuck about

All the new classes come with voicepacks I believe, so Hybrid soldier voices packs, Reapers get English with Russian Accents, not sure if Templars have anything. Pretty much all the cosmetics for the new classes will be available for vanilla soldiers, and any that aren't will be modded by day 1 to be available for them.

>russian accents

so they're unapologetically going for the STALKER theme, based. Would be super neat if we had accented english for other languages but I suppose I can't be too needy

>want to make Men in Black and X-Files characters

>not a single fucking mod or unlockable lets me use fancy suits for my characters

Any details on what the higher tier versions of the weapons and armour would look like? I wasn't exactly a fan of Warden armour and Shen's Last Gift's Warden tier SPARKs weren't exactly reassuring.

You can recolor EXALT parts from the EU/EW Extras mod to get it mostly right.

Very, very useful.

>Any details on what the higher tier versions of the weapons and armour would look like?
Not sure desu. Yesterays stream they had T2 weapons and T3 armor. I didn't really notice any difference in how the new classes looked.

What is that skin mod called

>tfw played the last xcom game to death
>tfw just failed 2nd xcom2 ironman campaign before the berserker prince
>tfw too stupid to play xcom games apparently

>fortify + aid protocol + smoke + other defense boosters makes your soldier soak up all enemy fire without being hit
I feel like im starting to understand lw2

Let's talk about what should be done with the remaining aliens after the mind control is broken.
Most of them are certainly not happy with what they had been made to do, if they can even remember.

Should we send them back into space? Let them live in our abandoned cities? Let them live among us?

skirmishers will probably be happy to accept advent soldiers into whatever society they got going on

Sectoids are probably the same cruel, malicious shits they always were. Vipers served the Elders willingly under the guise of Thin Men, so their loyalty is always going to be in doubt. I'm not sure if gatekeepers are even sapient - my impression was they're just massive psionic watchdogs and don't really have thoughts or feelings. Andromedons we don't know anything about.

Mutons and ADVENT are probably the most likely to fit into human society. Mutons are one of the few alien races which still seem to preserve some vestiges of their previous cultures, which might give them something to start building on when it comes to restablishing a society outside of the Elder's control. They're aggressive and tribal, but if could be integrated into human society as a dedicated military caste. And as for ADVENT, we can see by the Skirmishers that once the chips are removed, they're just people like any other, so there's no reason why they couldn't fit into human society.

Archons become fashion models and have a reputation for being huge drama queens

Only trouble is getting the enemy to shoot at your tank.

Truly a new kind of body dysphoria.

if you stand them out in the open then theyre more likely to shoot them
smoke gets rid of the flanked critical bonus

Were Mutons not serving the Elders without the use of mind control?
Something about them being mercenaries?

Mutons were considered little more than primitive warriors by the ethereals.

>90% of the info in the OP is mod shit

Ok, so, is there a tech flowchart around somewhere?

There's a tech tree on the googles. Make sure you don't mix up the long war mod version with the vanilla game.

Yes

Yeah I couldn't find it. Had to google it. Nice OP.

>hurr every conceivable question is not in the OP
Eat shit

>Ok, so, is there a tech flowchart around somewhere?
Well you need to specify a game first. There are all the old x-coms, the new xcoms, and the LW mods.

>needing a techtree in xcom
???

hurr let's have a novel of modding faggotry for an op instead of shit a person might actually be interested in finding
no u

Vanilla XC2.

This isn't civilization fuckface, the tech tree is not that complex.

there is a mod for that shiteater

UFOpaedia.org will always be your best bet.
Also stop being a dick

>Follow the tech advice the game forces on me; Radio Beacons and shit
>Fighting Mutons, Sectoids, Mechs and Stunlancers with basic weapons and a 4-man Squad
>Shoulda researched Mag Weapons instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah nah I wanna see a fucking tech tree before I waste another campaign.

>game forces you to give research orders
guess it also forced you to get your troops killed

you can beat the game ballistics only btw

>advice
no you idiot the little star means that they advance the story

The NPCs constantly hound you to build radio shit while the doomsday clock ticks away, and then about skulljacking shit. How's a new player supposed to know to ignore that?

I don't ignore it and make by just fine
maybe you need to git gud, ballistics against mutons are not a death sentence

they arent
and researching those things is actually useful
but blaming the game for you not thinking "hmm maybe better weapons would benefit me more" is dumb

>trusting the game not to give you shitty advice is dumb
Well, I got my tech tree from Reddit, so I'm out of here. I leave you experts to your snek jerking.

Good faggot. Stay on leddit

Does LW1 make exalt much stronger than vanilla?

I've just donemy first covert ops mission and I swear these guys were never his hard before.
Literally
>lmao rockets
>Lmao grenades
>Lmao reinforcements from every angle so you are constantly outflanked
These fuckers are harder than the bloody aliens!

I would have liked to kill them all but I was getting so hammered I had to run away.

>letting exalt shoot at you
rookie mistake

That's only mentioned in The Bureau, which is...dubiously canon. In all other XCOM games they're a tribal warrior society that was encountered, assimilated, and mind-controlled by the Elders.

Yes, EXALT is wayyy better than vanilla.

Your covert operative should be someone with high mobility, ideally an assault. That way you can chain up the tower hacks and keep exalt empty magged.

The worst mistake was taking an infantry with 11 mobility on the rescue squad we had to wait two extra turns because this retard couldnt get his fat ass to the extraction point. Two of my squad got shot due to this.

I will make one of my faster dudes the op dude next time.

I really need to research the stuff that reduces healing time. I also need to research body armour and everything fucking else. Managing research is pretty hard on LW.

>research the stuff that reduces healing time
don't get your hopes up. advanced surgery is a late game tech

>advanced surgery is a late game tech
FFFUUUUUGGGGGGG

I feel like 1/3 of my soldiers are in the sick bay. time for more shivs and rookies I guess.

Well to be clear, it's not super late game. But you're unlikely to get it until you complete at least one base assault.

Even then the wound timers gradually draw out as the campaign progresses. So after a certain point it doesn't make the situation better, just prevents it from getting worse.

I'm honesly regretting not picking the country that reduces interrogation time right now. I feel like they are taking forever! you are literally slicing them up and jabbing them until they spill the beans, that shouldnt take more than a few days.

>"recover item" mission
>get to objective with plenty of time to spare
>kill all enemies with no injuries or fatalities
>fire from a previous explosion immediately destroys the objective with two turns left on the clock

countries that give you more money are always, always better than everyone else though

USA is a good starting country but I wouldn't pick their gitmo bonus.

The best bonuses IMO are France's Quai d'Orsay, Canada's Cadre. and Nigeria's mobility bonus in that order.

I got a satalite above mexico for their mad dollar (randomised money start) and I swear it has cost me more than it gives with constant attacks and terror missions and UFO presence.

I started with china for the repair bay for MEC which I still dont have yet so I think you are right with that order.

Hey guys my game has been bugged.

I cannot get the third hack objective even with 100% to succeed, I am currently using no mods for hacking, its been like this near when I started playing at launch.

apologies I am using the 'use additional AP to hack better' mod

fuck

this is going to make my the first ambush on the the HQ assault a lot harder

meant this screenshot

LW1, on a medic with packmaster and one medkit small item, will he have 5 or 4 uses?

4 uses

I make all my 11-mobility tacticals into assaults. It really cripples infantry even without my tendency to run battle rifles and heaters on them. Assaults can at least make up for being slow with run & gun, and it can even be toptier if the points from mobility went into health and will.

Research time isn't really at a premium after the early game. There's no advantage to rushing deep into armors when you don't have the alloys to build them, so after researching gauss I find there's a couple months where there's nothing to do except leisurely run interrogations and analyses.

That's surprising, I almost didn't ask because 5 seemed the obvious answer.

I could be wrong, just working from memory.

how do I git gud at long war 2

break los

and then?

Kill the aliens.

Same as LW1; kill what you can, control what you can't. Avoid unnecessary activations, take your time and make sure you've got backup plans wherever possible.

>read LW2 1.5 patch notes
>see they're fixing the bug with whirlwind that causes soldiers to swing their sword at mission start
I've never been so sad to see a bug fix since the hilarity that is the balljack.

FUTBOL

if I leave my heaven full of people on Intel but dont actually do any missions in there will the ai notice?
I just wanna be on the lookout for any troop transports or retaliations

ADVENT watches for the spies all the time, but if you aren't operating a lot in a given region they're less likely to attempt counterinsurgency.

It is somewhat beneficial to have ADVENT attempt retaliations and such because it slows avatar progress.

>XCOM: Venture Capitalist