Brz the machine

>25k for a racecar chassis

bargain of the century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg
youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut55yR2Yu8M
mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst104751_Oh-Dear---MX5-least-reliable-convertible.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

absolutely

Yes even on ecomentalist tires it's faster round VIR than the top end Miata on auto express' number 1 rated dry handling summer tire.

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

But the other exact same thread isn't even dead yet :[

>racecar chassis

EF civic or NA miata here

>$1000 for racecar chassis

also

>brz is McPherson strut and for plebeians daily reminder

I daily one. I also have a 5l mustang and a lt1 camaro. Its the slowest by far in a straight line; but easily the fastest and least scary bombing through corners and driving fast in general in anything other than a straight line. I like it idk

This image is the perfect metaphor for the FRS. Really think about it.

The flingability gives me a bad habbit of pulling tiny little four wheel drifts into parking lots almost without slowing down and going through intersections with the tail out before remembering I'm not supposed to be doing that in traffic.

mmhmm

pee pee poo poo pee pee poo poo pee pee poo poo pee pee poo poo

This thread was year yesterday. I'll post a similar response

Best NEW bargain of the century? Easily, but I still think a used 987 Boxster or Cayman S is still a better deal.

pros
>fun
>ridiculously reliable; IMS issue has essentially been fixed for this model
>get the option of convertible or coupe
>adds trunk/frunk space for a bit more reliability
>mid-engined and therefore handles much better
>manual can be had for much less than the Tiptronic, which you probably don't want anyway
>gets rid of backseats; who used those anyway though?
>Different stereotype than a subaru, which can be both a blessing and a curse

cons:
>used
>no new tech
>not as comfortable
>a bit more expensive to repair(which is rare)
>you aren't immediately seen as a vape god

Guess the BMW M3, Lancer Evo, Impreza WRX STi and Porsche 911 are all for plebians too

true they use inferior suspension

>evo (lancer) is based on economy platform
>m3 (3 series) is based on economy platform
>wrx sti is awd and uses mcpherson strut for packaging, and also has economy car roots
>porsche puts the engine in the wrong place and is irrelevant in the discussion of good chassis design

NA miata is better than these pleb cars that normies think are good

>"racing" in a straight line

see and

i don't care about your benchracing quarrels, i just wanted to ridicule concept of prioritizing drag racing when buying a fun car. please carry on without me

Compared to a "$8000 I know what I got would make a great drift missile ran when parked" 240 or silvia rolling chassis it almost is. It's not like there's many options for a lightweightish rwd chassis. Buy a used one if you're too poor for the big boy toys.

>benchracing quarrels

>gets beat objectively
>"CALL HIM A BENCH RACER!"

nobody wants to buy an old Porsche with over 70k miles, you know deep down that car is more than halfway through it's life

o buddy i know. I get the urge to skid everywhere, and often times i do. Its really lowkey though for the most part. If i do a burnout in my mustang you can hear it a 1/2 mile away.

BRZ is far too slow to sway an experienced enthusiast. 200hp is not enough at all.

Its not that 200hp isn't enough its just not fucking accelerating quick enough. Like seriously a civic Si makes similar power but accelerates so much quicker

remove the torque dip and it'd be so much better

Wow a car with a bigger and more powerful engine is faster than a car with a smaller, less powerful engine. Who woulda thunk it

The one that has 40k that I bought for 19 is only about a third; should last JUST as long as a brz, if not longer.

All depends whether you're stuck fighting to stay out of the dip or you're really do just need more when you're staying above it all the time. But obviously the dip has to go in any case.

with headers and a tune the torque dip is gone and overall performance is improved a lot

Very few people are going to be able to use 100% of that 200hp on a track or on the twisties. Just look what happens when the fucktards of Veeky Forums take a 90hp Volvo on the twisties...

well if you're on track you really should be aiming for your power band almost all the time. You really shouldn't drop into your lower band and if you do you should upshift

*downshift sorry

>MSRP of Toyota 86 GT; 28,900
>Chevrolet Camaro 6th Gen 1LE; 31,000

for SIX SECONDS off per lap at willow springs
for over 1.01G lateral acceleration vs 0.91
for over 1.5 seconds faster to 60mph
for a more comfortable ride
for a grand touring car
for JUST a V6

You're right. It's a bigger, more powerful and faster car. For about the same price.

You played yourself. m8

>headers and a tune

>just spend the cost of a na miata shell on mawdz for your faggot mobile, still slower than a bromaro or cuckstang

A WRX is cheaper than the 86 and is faster

I've been contemplating that as an easy middle ground since even when I do use everything it has I really actually need more unless I'm just looking for dem feels.

Jury's still out. Might even just live with it as is since it's still fun anyway and then buy something else later.

kek

well you can find headers for as cheap as 500 dollars. You just need one that will allow a larger volume of air so you can tune that to the ECU and thus not suck shit

*rarely actually need more

>ridiculously reliable

>used boxster

kill yourself retard

I thought the wrx was 27k and the brz was 26k?

yea the brz is 26k the gt86 is more expensive for no reason

life would be so much easier without the ‘dip tbqhwufampai

>caring about $1k at that point
Talk about a nothingburger

It's not no reason. It's the -600lbs that you're paying for.

No I mean the GT86 is more expensive than the BRZ for no reason

City people buy GT86s. Rural and suburban intellectuals buy BRZs.

Ah. Well isn't it still lighter?

no its the same car with a different look

I'd just buy a 370z if I was going to turn it into a race car. $4k more.

>confusing the 987 with 987

yes, yes it is

986 with 987*

shit, I played myself

youtube.com/watch?v=Ut55yR2Yu8M

it's the toyota badge and name "86" you're paying for.

ahem...

>cheaper
>faster
>only 300 lbs heavier

saved the wrong pic, better quality here

How's the size also? A BRZ is also stuck trying to compete with an even smaller and lighter Miata but offering more DD practicality in return.

It's sad that a Fiesta ST, at $18k, is better in every way than a BRZ. I mean hell, you could buy a Miata in good condition for $5k and throw another $2k in siq mawdz and have a way better DD in the FiST and a way better racekar in the Miata for the same $25k.
And the Miata actually has, you know, leagues in which you can race. Not just do a few lap around a track on an open track day.

are we here to talk about the performance of a car or practicality? keep moving the goal posts

What goal posts? It was designed to target a particular market segment, not be the best possible sports car in the world. Are you dense?

Why does it bother having back seats and weighing so much if it was meant to beat the Miata at being a Miata? Why does it have half the HP of a Corvette if it was meant to be a Corvette at being a Corvette?

It was very obviously trying to carve out its own bit of market share. A Miata and a Corvette are certainly not in direct competition for what they're trying to be.

If you want a real compromise most hot hatches are even more practical and faster.

Oddly you don't see many people making that argument for the Mini Convertable Automatic, over the Miata. Despite it thrashing the Mazda Club in drag races and having two extra seats.

Fun cars are fun and we should have more fun cars.

>mazda being dragged down by rotards
apex kek

A worse look, the face on the gt86 looks so goddamn stupid

Don't blame the Apexs things aren't any better now.

mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst104751_Oh-Dear---MX5-least-reliable-convertible.aspx

WHY DO YOU MORONS KEEP REPLYING TO THESE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mini cooper is also overlooked.

Why the fuck don't they make a brz sti, I was at the dealership last week and I saw a fucking crosstrek sti in the showroom. A fucking crosstrek. I don't even know who fucking buys these things and they make a fucking sti version. Yet the car that is supposed to be for fucking enthusiasts doesn't even come with a turbo option, what the fuck. Even the fucking forester has had a turbo for a fucking decade. I don't know if the fags at toyota keep them from doing it or what but they need to fucking figure this out it's been more than 5 years by now.

OP is talking about how its the bargain of the century for a 25k racecar chassis. no mention of it's practicality. C5 Z06 is an even better racecar chassis for even less money

Let it go sperg, that post was 9 hours ago

True. But I didn't want a hot hatch or faster. I wanted a not very expensive small light RWD hooning car and the BRZ seemed the best option at hand.

I'm not trying to say it's the answer to life or anything. Just that it does appeal to a bit of its own market segment even if that seems like an odd set of compromises.

Why wouldn't you just get an old rwd nissan like the 240z?

Depends if you want to hunt around for one that looks good (after finding out what to look out for and what you might be in for) and then take care of it or not.

judging by this video it is evident that the chrysler pacifica is a better sports car

t. Brainlet

>all these mad non race car drivers
lol