/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

When will the dust settle? edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Revealed at E3 2017:
youtube.com/watch?v=IUkL42p3Mss
youtube.com/watch?v=BMeqj8WG0a8

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/174

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/6HGMrkV2

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Modded Hispania 1200
mediafire.com/file/51qiedmuthgm804/Hispania2000_modded.7z
>Custom troop trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-version-2-beta
>CTT for Dickplomacy
mediafire.com/?8qbwrc98hqt8o9b

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

I hope this turks hurry their shit up.

This is Rhodok soil

cactus belong on dick

I'm posting Hijikata Toshizo until the Rising Sun mod gets released.

Hijikataposting? More like Hijikakaposting!

rhodoks are white and based

just shut the fuck up

shut the fuck up you god damn shitposting cunt

I plan on going there once things calm down a bit. Seems great,
The Neuburg armor and arms collection in Vienna is a must see, if anyone's interested

I will until caocao arrives

posting same shit every fucking thread is not a culture

just stop shitposting already, just fucking stop

That was actually pretty good, I'm not going to lie.

>butthurt weebs mad over kindergarten tier banter

never fucking post again, god fucking damn it

>posting same shit every fucking thread is not a culture
>Totally ok posts
Just embrace the shitpost you salty weebs.

will titus ever get the cross /mbg/?

>weebs

the fuck are you talking about? of course they are also cancer, same with cao cao and steppe waifu shit

>waaaah waaaah, why don't you like my shitposts!?

Most of what has been posted is from the 16th to the 17th century, its modern era and not middle ages.
Still, for each of these armors there was months if not years of work, and at least 3 master blacksmisths and their assistants, plus the raw materials providers.
Each of these sets of armours cost at the time more than 1 year of the net income of a farmer, easily.
Having seen the imperial collection at Vienna the beauty of any of these (especially this one, repost) is simply astounding and true works of art.
And yet some people think of them as "tin cans" that "clutter valuable exposition space"... fuckers...

Even in Bannerlord the character moves like GTA: Vice City (2002)

Only if I push the caca for so long.
Just accept that the general became into shit and its full of dumb meaningless posts and off topic themes arent that uncommon.
I dont need your approval dork.

Someone needs to inject dickplomacy into ACOK

>Just accept

no, i fucking wont
i won't lose another general to shitposting
first gsg, then totalwarhammergeneral

I just want to shoot Nips with a repeating, lever action rifle, is that so much to ask?

>tfw no comfy old /mbg/

There's a difference between Cao Cao posting and your abhorrent "more like caca!!!! xddd" posts

>into ACOK
no.

I tought so but one user said that the original armor was from Henry 2 which lived in the 1100s. Of course everything after the 1400s was better since the chinks steel techniques arrived to the west.
>And yet some people think of them as "tin cans" that "clutter valuable exposition space"... fuckers...
I love them, so sad that the chinks had to come up with the gunpowder :(, We would have been better killing each others with blunt attacks rather than guns tbqhwy.

A world of ice and fire then? :)

It's all stale shit that contributes nothing

you can thank all the shitposters for that

>This is rhodocks soil
>Obsesed XDD
>Microwaved water
>Futa is not trap!
Its all meaningless, at least learn to enjoy them. You already lost /mbg/ and on the future this will be argentinian soil.

Then talk about the game and quit whining, it's just another form of shitposting.

Be the change you want to see, user.

if it contributes nothing, stop posting it then, you shit posting as well isn't going to solve anything

I'd rather have the Argentinians here than you

A push of pikes really isn't that glamorous though.

>we would have been better killing each others with blunt attacks rather than guns tbqhwy.
I disagree. I like not having an unaccountable King and his circlejerk of inbreds ruling my Country.

>yfw when bannerlords releases and it's shit

>since the chinks steel techniques arrived to the west.

what

What are you, a woman?

rhodokposter spotted

>TFW sitting in a meeting today, at work
>My body is sitting in the conference room
>My mind is somewhere else. In Calradia.
>I'm sitting in my castle, overlooking my small plot of land that overlooks the eastern highlands.
>I'm galloping across the open steppe on horseback, racing with my companions between my fiefdoms.
>I'm readying my men at the gates of an enemy hold, giving my allied lords a confident nod; the signal to March forward.
>I blink and I realize that I'm in my cubicle. How long has it been? Is it time to go home yet?

At least it isnt launching some bombs from miles away or from the sky and hoping you actually hit the enemy.
Well you are right, life got better but warfare got boring. Maybe we should unite and make the whole world better?
Blast furnaces, they were made by chinks around 1000s or earlier but got into Europe hundreds of years later by the trade routes.

Nice autism

Don't be rude, it's actually a meaningful post

stop playing swadians

stop posting memes

Stop shitposting

>but warfare got boring
I disagree with this too. I like shooting things.

I do the same thing at work when I'm not reading pdfs on my phone.

I'm a security guard. It's the only way to make it through the boredom.

Why does he wear the hood?

I will not go gently into that good night

He has a lot of loyalty for a welfare abusing immigrant.

>warfare got boring
I can assure you, a firefight is not boring. Neither is an artillery or air strike. Matter of fact, they're the most awesome things I've ever seen. And a gun fight at night? Simply beautiful.

Line warfare was so retarded looking

That was 150 years ago user. Warfare got worst and then better.

Im under the assumption that (at least insurgency warfare) is just some muslims hiding inside buildings ambushing and attacking where you cant see them until you call air support and bomb them, just to push them and regain terrain. Arent most shots fired during a firefight just suppresive fire?

desu the way Americans conducted themselves in the civil war was laughable to Europe

>Line warfare was so retarded looking
naw mayne, some formations wer Veeky Forums as fuk

bad bait my man, step it up next time

>warfare got worst and then better
how? pike and shot era was definately filled with innovation, the small scale tactical battles of the last and current century are interesting as well.
>Americans conducted themselves in the civil war was laughable to Europe
That's why everyone and their mother sent Observers. the American Civil War was the test bed for a shitload of what was to come for the next half of the century.

It gets tricky in urban zones because you don't want to schwack an entire village, and generally a squad will have enough fire power to annihilate a threat effectively. It also depends what you're doing, attacking, defending, raids, building clearing, all have different strategies and objectives.

But yes, most fire is suppressive in nature. You want to keep the enemy down until your buddy can get close enough to throw a grenade at him, or around his cover to shoot him in the ass. Or you want to funnel an assault into the enfilade of your machine gun. Again, it all depends. Artillery is fucking cool.

are grenades really that commonly used?

How were rifles during the early 1800s? I know that at the beginning they were prone to explode and shot misdirectly but how much did they were upgraded at those moments?
The cart formation or the tercios were great for the pike and shot. But were the confederates&states using the same techniques that were like 3 centuries old at the moment?
I see, so nowadays fights are just rollercoasters of emotions while you try to remove the threat and not get killed? Doesnt sound that bad desu.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

dynasty warrors tho???

Again, it depends, but yes, they're generally used a lot, especially 40mm grenades fired from an underbarrel attachment known as the 203.

Accepted breaching doctrine since WWII is,surround a building, climb to the roof, find a hole, chunk in grenades, go down into building, flush enemy out into waiting cordon.

In an open field, or during an assault, grenades are your best friend. And AQI (Al-Queada in Iraq) used grenades constantly, some that were mini shaped charges were dropped from bridge overpasses onto the top of passing Coalition vehicles, the result was pretty nasty.
It's a lot of precision work honestly. You need to be completely in sync with the people around you and your direct command. Nobody wants to die, but nobody wants to end up on CNN either.

honestly after E3 I think most of us went sort of insane.

caocaoposting? More like stop shitposting reeeeeeeeeee!

The thread has been going to shit since 2014/15 or thereabouts desu

I think that most people abandoned ship after E3, honestly, and we're just like 40 people still half heartedly carrying the torch.

>How were rifles during the early 1800s? I know that at the beginning they were prone to explode and shot misdirectly but how much did they were upgraded at those moments?

early 1800s your max realistic range for a decently trained rifleman (as opposed to a soldier with a smoothbore gun) would be around 150-200 yards. powder quality is highly important to accuracy, however. fizzleprone piss powder will not be the stuff legendary shots are made of. later on in the 1800s, percussion cap rifles using newer forms of bullet are easily capable of 1000 yard shots. A gun that was properly proofed won't explode under normal circumstances, either.

>The cart formation or the tercios were great for the pike and shot. But were the confederates&states using the same techniques that were like 3 centuries old at the moment?

The Tercio stopped being relevent with the introduction of the bayonet. The United States and The Confederate states during the mid 1800s were modeled on the French style of how their army ordered and fought. Though after the Franco Prussian War, the US reorganized itself on the Prussian model.

aaargh get it out

>early 1800s your max realistic range for a decently trained rifleman would be around 150-200 yards
>percussion cap rifles using newer forms of bullet are easily capable of 1000 yard shots
Thats nice but yards and inches and foots are a gay measure system
>The Tercio stopped being relevent with the introduction of the bayonet.
I know but you said pike and shot and Im pretty sure the tercios are the best example of that.
>were modeled on the French style of how their army ordered and fought
>Though after the Franco Prussian War, the US reorganized itself on the Prussian model.
Whats the characteristic of both?

I need to see some citations on that 1000 yd shot claim, that's not really feasible with percussion cap rifles.

metric is gayer desu

I dont agree

Shit, what are the mods that let you make your own custom banner? Any of those in the OP?

I do agree

>yards and inches and foots are a gay measure system
You're gay.

>I know but you said pike and shot and Im pretty sure the tercios are the best example of that.
when you say got worst and then better, i assumed you considered pike and shot worse, because that directly followed the medieval system of warfare.

>Whats the characteristic of both?
The french were still using the style of Line Infantry that was the norm during the Nepoleonic wars. The Prussians are the ones who invented the concept of the Blitzkreig before the mechanized Blitzkreig of the World Wars. Alfred von Schlieffen being one of the big boys involved.

fucking stupid newfags

Dickplomacy

I fucked your mom.

Sorry bub but the Americans had shit tier martial tradition with amateur officers, cavalry that was only good for skirmishing with indjuns and wetbacks and doctrines/tactics that belonged in the Napoleonic wars. The U.S. army only had 16000 men at the outbreak of the civil war, the U.S. was really not a martial nation (and it had no real need to be like European countries did, therefore the difference in quality).

Basically any conflict invites observers. The lessons to be learned from the American civil war were mainly on the macro level (modern transportation for example). In terms of battlefield performance, which is what is relevant here, Europe really did not have much to learn from the ACW.

>spoon feeding newfags
And people wonder why this place is so fucking awful now

I fucked your mom again.

>The U.S. army only had 16000 men at the outbreak of the civil war
what was the point of saying this?

>You're gay.
Oh boy I sure love unreliable and unexact measuring systems
>when you say got worst and then better, i assumed you considered pike and shot worse, because that directly followed the medieval system of warfare.
I meant that warfare after your civil war got worse and then better.
I do agree that you are gayer d e s u
>Basically any conflict invites observers. The lessons to be learned from the American civil war were mainly on the macro level (modern transportation for example).
You are right, Ive heard that the main appeal of the civil war was the large numbers of the belligerants that were bigger than most of several european armies combined. And wasnt there some advancements in the warfare? Like those armored submarine-like boats that were basically unable to hit each other.

No, I don't wonder at all, I've seen it before. It's the toxic, /b/ tier behavior.
>waaaahhhh why is nobody talking about my favorite game in my favorite general?
>fuck off newfags, we don't need new people
It's dumb. You're dumb.

Damn those banner physics give me a semi.

Is The Last Breath of the Calradian Empire good or just another shitty mod?

Its ok user, they get mad about anything.

>that's not really feasible with percussion cap rifles.
except it is? I could pull youtube videos, but for example, A confedrate soldier killed a union artillerist at Fort Sumpter from like 1400 yards out.

>unreliable and unexact measuring systems
Except there's no such thing as an unreliable and unexact measuring system. you knob. 1/16th of an inch is always 1/16th of an inch, 12 inches is always 1 foot, etc no matter what.

Shitty mod.

There were ironclad ships and submarines. I'll have look it up, but the ironclads did meet in battle and wanged at each other for a long time, unable to do damage. I don't remember the full story, but I do remember that the armor was slanted as well as steel, so cannon shot just bounced off.
That's why I asked for citations, I'm legitimately curious. I guess I worded it poorly. Also, there is a difference between maximum range and maximum EFFECTIVE range, which is around 3-500 yards for modern rifles, depending on the target (point or area) the maximum range is much further though.