What are some old, reliable shitboxes

Looking to buy a first car and I look old boxy cars and SUVs from the 80s and 90s. Not sure what to get but I want something that won't be a money pit.

Other urls found in this thread:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-mazda-miata/6425757005.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

volvo 200/700/900 series.

at least list your budget in OP ya jackass

I'm poor so cheap

For SUV's, you can't really go wrong with a Toyota 4Runner or Ford Explorer (not sure which gen).

Am I crazy or is she like 6 foot 6?

CRX, there is no better option for poorfag

fiat 500

She's like 5'2

Suburban

Suzuki Samurai

1980s or 90s town car
1980s or 90s caprice
80s or 90s Cadillac Brougham

>Caprice
>Not a money pit
Don't do it OP

land cruizah

Are you serious? Bro, you are looking to buy almost 30 yrs old car. What do you expect? Miracles? They were good cars, but by now they are nothing else than either rustbuckets or simply worn out beyond comprehension. Clocked few times to show mid 200-s k miles to look *real*, also parts for them can be a pain in the ass to find. You can buy them cheap but servicing and shit will probably cost you more than simply buying a car from 00s for a higher price but also in a much better condition to suit your first-car guy needs until you become more comfortable and save some money for a better ride.

Audi 80 b3/b4. Reliable and gets good gas kilometrage. Doesn't even rust and runs forever. The official rural countryside eastern European shitbox.

Brake lines are a piss and will have to be fully replaced by now. Engine has also some electrical issues, but when you clean all the contacts and replace the fuse box should be all right. Watch for blown head gaskets or rather worn out seals.

90's cherokees are cheap and boxy bois

If you can find one with no rust and less than 200k miles, it's a solid choice for a first car. Easy to work on, cheap parts, reliable (with regular maintenance), arguably the most unkillable engine ever made, decent off road capability without mods. It's in the sticky for a reason.

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-mazda-miata/6425757005.html
Should I go for it?

Used 4Runners are expensive.

Based straight 5

Any Geo.

Only correct answer. Found mine for $2,000 and put about $1,200 into it and it had only 162xxx miles on it and so far it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned even after an 05 crown Vic and a 02 Durango. Oh and the burb is a 99

Festiva

1st gen is the boxy one, I like it. Just beware and get a manual one, the first gen auto trannies were utter fucking shit. Also inflate tures properly and try not to die and roll over.