What's even the point of disabling traction control in a FWD?

What's even the point of disabling traction control in a FWD?

Serious question, I can understand doing it in a RWD for skidz but why would you in a FWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lb1awXgoyQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If your car has a front LSD it can sometimes neuter its effects. Also hectic skids, liftoff and handbrake corner entry. Sometimes traction control in FWD makes you understeer more, depends on the car user.

Traction control can cause you to drop power excessively and for too long when trying to launch quickly in a fwd, when you would otherwise be able to correct the issue and regain traction manually via reducing your acceleration in a much less extreme way

It is sometimes helpful to turn it off in the snow.

If you are trying to do handbrake turns the TCS will prevent you from getting back on the power which may cause you to crash.

This guy is correct.

Because if you're looking for a quick launch, it'd be better to have some traction loss instead of having your power cut off

Why do benchracers still think a car is unable to lose traction in the rear simply because it's driven by the front wheels?

This.

I have an underpowered FWD. Coming out of odd parking exits or wet weather it might spin then the traction basically removes all power making me hold up traffic. I turn it off for the exit if it looks like it might lose traction slightly then put it back on.

This, had to drive a company ecocuckbox in the snow. Tried to take a sharp turn at ~10km/h and the traction control braked hard on the wheel on the inside. Nearly spun out in a fwd shitbox on winter tires

Transit connect has literally no button
have to pull a fuse to disable TC

Hand brake turns

I didn't even read the OP but that Mazda is so cute

You should have seen Veeky Forums when it came out. Lots of cuteposting, as you might imagine.

They aren't bad to own either. PIC related

youtu.be/lb1awXgoyQE

Huh. Why didn't I ever think of doing that when I had an FWDbox?

Definitely this

on my Fiesta ST the traction control cuts power much too severely. when getting hecktik i can get much more speed out of the car by letting it slip a bit

I don't think you should be turning off traction control, cummyman.

What are you on? It looks like an evil jester or something.

Buy better tires

Diving a 2015 Mazda 3 2.0l
I only disable it when driving on snow covered road because it kept interfering and make the car wobble
Use your foot to carefully control the throttle works better than these electronic assist in a econ box

What's the point of FWD, period?

to learn throttle control lol

Who needs TC when you have TC?

Because the statistics don't tell you about handling dynamics, they just tell you how fast something is.

In my FWD, I have a limited-slip diff so TC really only serves to make one or the other wheel brake aggressively, which absolutely sucks balls on a snowy or wet hill. It also freaks out when I get hektik and causes the car to shudder and bounce if I take a corner aggressively at speed. Luckily, it has a TC off switch that fully disables it, and it also has an ABS off switch for when I want to get really crazy on gravel... or just be able to stop on snow.

My only FWD was an 80s shitbox that couldn't afford power steering, let alone your TC and your ABS and your devil weed I know you're smoking!

Did great at snow and gravel and hekitics even on poorfag tires. Possibly because it reminded you that you were about to die at any moment at all times and it could hit highway speeds from a dig if you went WOT for the entire on-ramp without sliding off. I miss that car.

its useless uphill on ice

when i was a mechanic our shop had a steep incline up into every bay and of course every fuckwad waited until the first blizzard to get winter tires put on. every FWD Volkswagen that was still on summer tires going up that icy incline the traction control wouldnt let you get anywhere, if you disabled it you could power your way up

This, in my accord it gets in the way of snow uphill. Sometimes the best option is to stab the throttle a bit then let off so the tires grip, but you have to fight the TC to do it.

Stop me :3

I won't if you promise to drive on more mountain roads. Really high up ones.

Oh I will, I've already been back to the place where I spun out twice now, my car has no seat belts/airbags or abs or traction control or anything.
Everything is going fine so far.