Car climatization

4 zone air conditioning

Lets talk about air conditioning and how it should be mandatory for a car to have a 4 zone ac with b-pillar vents for the rear and also heated and ventelated/cooled seats for every seat. I have not seen this features as options on the mid-level class cars. They appear to be a super ultra expensive luxury which should not be the case. Why should a passanger suffer not riding the the front row where there are options for the seats and the ac functions.

Comment what you think about the climatization options in cars and what is good/bad/useful, not matter ac, seats, panaroma roofs etc.

I wouldn't say that's correct. The top trims of most suvs and cuvs do have this, I know for a fact the Santa Fe, Journey, and Escape have all of the above, and the top trims are still below 50k

>4 zone
A car just has one zone, it's not like there are walls or something.

Just finished doing an AC delete on ny new redneck-romper. Released the R-12 into the atmosphere, ripped out all the lines, threw away the compressor, I even put in a non-AC heater fan housing for better HOT air flow.

>take that you ice-cold fags

>Having AC

These beta males have given up on women in their car to the point where they won't even take measures to prevent sweat and b.o., let alone provide a comfortable environment for women. Sad!

But I'm the one driving the car. I don't care what anyone else thinks of the temperature or what they want with it.
It's my car. I am driving it. They can walk if they don't like it.

I barely use the AC anyway. Literally only on long drives during the summer. I have heated windscreens to defrost/demist themselves without burning fuel to run the AC.
Plus, the AC pump takes so much power it's like an engine brake.

>4 zone air conditioning
Two zone is enough because the the car interior really is a small area in itself. My malibu has two climate zones and that's plenty. I simply press the recirc button for A/C and use that for the first few minutes to get things to cool down faster. Then I switch to normal circulation. The rear passengers get enough cooling since the vents under the seats do provide a good amount of air flow. They also have two angled openings to provide a better distribution.

I don't need cooled or heated leather seats since I preferred cloth for its breathability. I'm like that with my office chair too. Leather sucks. It's good for easy cleaning, but I am clean and don't need leather as I do not drip burger grease or have pizza grease on hands as I touch the seats all over.

>live in the desert
>have to fix/check the A/C in my car or else I'll have to take 3-4 showers a day again

You're just a spoiled soyboy. Staying cool is not a human necessity, as people around the world bear triple-digit temperatures just fine. Staying warm, however, is a necessity, as the human body inexplicably lacks a coat of fur unlike literally every other mammalian species. One zone for both heat and AC is enough, and heated/cooled seats should stay a luxury. The last thing the economy needs is more standard equipment driving up the prices of new automobiles.

Quints of truth.

What are you on about, keeping cool is super important, just as much as keeping warm.

A 20,000 cubic foot house has one climate control zone. Why does your 150 cubic foot car need 4?

>venting CFC-12 to atmo
Delete this post, your shitbox truck, and never return here again.
t. angry HVAC technician

checked

This is you.

Drink more water

Notice how everywhere there are regular triple digit temperatures is a third world shithole?

It's far easier to warm up than it is to cool down and the heat will kill you fast if you're actually trying to do more than sit in your mom's basement.

Well I didn't vent all of it, I saved some and made a homeless man huff it.

Hey man I'm going to tell you something astounding. Bear with me.

You don't really sleep with a lot of women. This is just an objective fact. You get laid maybe once or twice a year. If even. Nobody looks up to you. At best you're an "alright guy". "Pretty smart". Nobody wants to be like you. Nobody views you as a leader. In fact, youll find most people on a subconscious level take steps to avoid looking like you. Seriously try this. Wear a grey shirt. Make a note of everyone you interact with. Now check how many of those people are wearing a grey shirt the following couple days.

So how do you mentally handle the fact that you're pretty low on the social totem pole, that you serve as nothing but an example of what not to be? Purity. Yeah, you're more pure than everyone else. No soy for you. You don't need fancy air conditioning. Why, you're in fact better and more pure than those popular people. You're the only one who "gets it" so why should you care if you don't get invited to a lot of parties?

This coping mechanism was developed over years of deluding yourself. You were never the popular guy so you just made yourself more pure and more holy. You're the one people should be looking up to, sure other guys are getting laid and having fun but they are weak and poison themselves with degenerate modern junk!

But here is the astounding part: if you had put the same amount of mental energy into improving yourself, you'd be respected and idolized! You'd have beautiful girlfriend's and find business success! You'd find people imitating your dress, body language and mannerisms! You would be a self actualized winner.

But you didn't choose that path did you? And now you lie alone in your single bed just reminding yourself how immaculate you are until your eyes get heavy. Night after lonely night.

If only life had a rewind button...

Damn son this is some fresh fuckin pasta

>not recapturing the r12
That shit goes for like a good chunk of cash, you know.

>4 zone
there are 5 passengers, why would you leave their zone out?

My 2017 GTI and 2000 explorer both have this.....

Its pretty common.

I like the idea of every passenger having their own temperature, but does it really work in practice? It seems like the different zones would be fighting each other in the small confines of the cabin and everyone would end up being slightly uncomfortable with the air around them being too cold or too hot. It also seems like it would be inefficient.

>One zone for both heat and AC is enough, and heated/cooled seats should stay a luxury.
I think heated seats should be standard in EVs more so than in ICEVs. In EVs, using the heated seats uses far less energy than using the cabin heater. In my experience, the cabin heater can reduce range as much as 35-40%. The heated seats, however, make no noticeable reduction in range. More people using heated seats in EVs means more energy for the rest of us.

Great, more cheap chinese actuators to fuck up and stick the temperature in full heat until you remove the dash and replace them.

why would you drop your resale value of you car? instead of fetching 1k you it'll sale for like 500 at most for that shitbox

It doesnt really work. All it does it has different temperature air blowing, yet the temperature in the car is generally the same.

>shitbox is worth maybe 1500€
>A/C is shot

Is it worth it to have it fixed?

>Just as important
This is not correct
Temps of over 100 degrees can be sustainable as long as you drink lots of water and manage your physical exertion
Temps 50 degrees or lower however are not sustainable without protection or external heat sources
Without which hypothermia can set in
AC is for comfort
Heat is essential