A new Cadillac appears

A new Cadillac appears

Other urls found in this thread:

gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/schedule-upcoming-cadillac-releases-2018-2021-a-271074/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Subaru style hood scoop
Muh dick, better be RWD.

>Moving past the fake bodywork, we can see that this CT5 takes inspiration from the Cadillac Escala concept. It has the long, almost fastback cabin and extra rear quarter window of that concept. The headlights are slim horizontal units, too, though they still sweep back a bit to bridge the gap between current models and the Escala. We also see that there's a decent amount of distance between the front axle and the base of the A-pillar, so we suspect that the sedan will retain rear-drive and optional all-wheel-drive drivetrains.

>We don't have any other cars in the image to compare it to, but considering the cars the CT5 will replace, we expect it's roughly the size of a CTS, maybe even a touch smaller to satisfy those who want a 3 Series/A4/C-Class size luxury sedan. It will also probably use one or more of the existing powertrains in the Cadillac sedan fleet, which include a turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder, naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, and a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6. We'll also probably see the production model sometime in 2019 since that's when the CTS and ATS will go to the big garage in the sky.

It is probably CT4.

It's called the ct5

GMinsidenews disagree with you.
CT5 - only coupe
Ct4 - Sedan - probably this car one cuz it is a bit compact sedan.
gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/schedule-upcoming-cadillac-releases-2018-2021-a-271074/

looks like it's being masked with a charger style body covering. look at the side, the design language makes no sense but it's a straight copy of the early charger that mimics the 70 charger.

Yeah I thought I was looking at a charger from the thumbnail.

The New Cadillac Charger look nice senpai

The Escala will come true after all

No, Lexus is best at all. Cadillac sux cuz it will fall apart after 5k.

you can't afford either one anyway

yeah but who will buy a niggerlac when there is Lexus?

>Buying a Toyota over a Cadillac

W e w

no, it won't come true.

pretty sure the escala is the same thing as the ford atlas was. It was a sneak peak at the future of Ford's truck design. The Escala is obviously a look at the future of Cadillac's sedans.

>buying Toyota over GM

yes

That's what I meant

>Buying quality over a Cadillac

Seems about right

It is. It's built on an updated version of the Camaro platform.

Confirmed engines:
2.0L I4 turbo
2.0L I4 hybrid
3.6L V6 twin turbo
6.2L V8 supercharged

So the 6.2 is sort of going to be like an HSV GTS replacement? Wish they'd make a cheaper NA version to replace the SSV Redline/Chevy SS.

Whats new? I see this all the time in Detroit.

Corvette ZR1

750hp, shaker hood, already banned by Europe

charger doors

>modern car design
ugly as shit

6.2 supercharged V8 is going to replace the current Cadillac CTS-V which has a similar engine.

>SRT hood scoop
>Charger side scallops

Literally what the fuck is GM doing

Probably just fake panels to obscure the final design. Ford and Mercedes do similar stuff on their prototypes.

.2L V8 supercharged
Cadillac dropped it from CT6 and their entire product line (except escalade)

Cadillac cant beat this finest car period. GM should scrap Cadillac now

The hood scoop worries me. The scoop on the current V cars are heat exchangers. A scoop to me indicates turbos, most likely a v6. The whole cars isn't saying Cadillac to me.

>The whole cars isn't saying Cadillac to me.
mmmmhmmm that's why they need to go.
What do you honestly think about this Lexus LC500?

>they could make a $100k 2dr coupe and call it the Cadillac Elmiraj, but they wont
>they could make a $150k V16-powered sedan and call it the Cadillac DeVille, but they wont
>they could make a $180k V16-powered four-door convertible and call it the Cadillac Ciel Cabriolet, but they won't

Cadillac just depresses me. Idgaf about them grafting the frontend of tbe Escala onto the boring-ass CT6!

Well, Cadillac is just dead anyway. LC500 is not a performance car, it's a highly refined luxobarge for men with substantial penises.

>six figures niggerlac
Are you stupid or what?

I like the lights on this one a lot more than op

Cadillac could very easily become an ultra-luxe brand like Bentley or Rolls. GM has Buick and Opel at their disposal to fill all the gaps and take on the Mercedes etc., giving GM plenty of room to reposition Cadillac upward.

are you fucking kidding me? I wanted to buy it, why is it banned it doesn't have as agressive front with wings like camaro zl1 1le

I posted this vette the other day. Here are some more camo covered cars from metro Detroit.
Does anybody have a idea what this is? I sure as fuck don't

Holy fuck, that user who oc'd about cars soon turning into marshmellows because of dumbshit pedestrians was right. What a bad looking car.

>this vette
>vette

that's very clearly an amg gt but i dom't see why it would be wrapped
the new amg gt(x) model to come out is going to be a sedan

Mercedes you say? Maybe, I usually do not get stump'd on prototypes. But this one did

I'd still pick a 2nd or 3rd gen CTS-V before looking at a $92k Lexus with 471hp and is as slow as the first gen CTS-V.

The hood is too high and doesn't pass pedestrian safety requirements

you can import it tho

>doesn't have as agressive front with wings like camaro zl1 1le
It's actually more aggressive, the splitter leading edges have a radius that's too sharp for EU pedestrian safety regs and there isn't enough crush depth between the hood and the engine (because the engine sticks out of the hood, lol) for EU safety regs as well.

Thankfully you guys are allowed to buy one in the US and import it yourself.