>dramatically cheaper than a gti/wrx
>better build quality/refinement than a fist

Reasons why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb3VBpDvis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Korean cars

Unreliable cheap turd, looks like shit too

Well it's fucking ugly for one, and that stupid asymmetrical three door setup doesn't help.

ugly
hyundai build quality is still shit

FWD ewwww

I'd take a cheaper and slower CR-Z any day

>muh korean build quality is shit
Fake news.

Oh for sure Korea has come a long way topping the ranks of reliability above Honda, 100%

Amazing how they still have rattling body panels and defective interior switches and knobs from the factory

[citation pending]

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb3VBpDvis
>rolling in a hyundai

lol rekt

It can't be any less reliable than the Mini, the GTI or the FiST.

Those cars are all fine though
The Fiesta has a dodgy rep in >56% land because of the automatic box but the ST is manual anyway

Fwd and barely faster than a slowbaru

Faster for the first 6 seconds is hardly """""faster"""""

SEE YOU AT THE STOPLIGHT BIATCH

>Gook trash
>Ever

>See you at the tra-

Oh wait.

I'll take the toyobaru instead in a heartbeat, but srsly day to day stoplight traffic can be a bit of a drag when most other vehicles are geared and tuned haul away from lights and you never know if you'll wind up fighting the torque dip or not if you're just trying to casually go with the flow.

nice FCA product

jesus fuck
is that a dragon dildo on the roof?

Getting the N package in 2019.

>270hp
>265ft-lbs
>awd
>lsd
>is supposed to weight the same as Veloster T (around 3000lbs)
>msrp doesn't matter cuz no one ever pays full price for a Hyundai
>after one year these things will be less than 20k used

For now my 2013 is fine.

Lol what a waste, just keep the shitheap you have now and save up for something better

This.

My Veloster bro is correct. Mk.1 is a decent car for the money. The only thing to happen to my Turbo is condensation got in my backup camera (replaced under WARRANTY).

The Mk.2 Veloster N will rape every other hot hatch for thousands less. Unlike other brands, Hyundai improves their products every generation.

Nothing is better than the N will be in it's price range. Again, msrp doesn't matter cuz it's a Hyundai and they never sell for that.

New I imagine you could walk off the lot with a new one for $23k. Nothing comes close to that performance for your buck.

if anything get the genesis coupe r spec

>rwd
>v6
>306 hp
> 6 spd

i had a stock veloster and couldnt get shit for it the resale value sucks ass

You better hope that warranty carries over from original owner, you're gonna need it

Resale is terrible on every Korean product. I had to buy new because of my shit credit. Didn't qualify for financing on a lightly used Camry like I wanted, but I plan to keep mine for the full 5-year term. By 2021 my credit should be good enough to pick up a used Veloster N for pennies.

they ever fix that paint issue where it sloughs off in huge chunks?

Doubtful but Hyundai has the best warranty out of the majority of automakers. 1st owner is 100k, 2nd owner is 60k.

The lawsuit was dismissed since no one was complaining directly to Hyundai about it, even tho it was covered under the warranty.

Focus is superior

This

Bitches
Love
The
Veloster

FIX IT AGAIN TONY

hy bby
u ever ride in a korean car?
ill show u my k-pop :3

Won't start after you fill it with gas

you're a fool, by the time the N releases it's going to be so hyped up that it'll have civic type r/focus rs levels of inflated pricing

A veloster turbo was in front of me today on an on ramp. I had never seen a turbo, and wondered what it could do. The driver was ready to go, but I passed it like it was standing still, and found out it coul quickly get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror until it's final trick where it disappeared in the distance behind me.

Then you woke up from your dream and resumed shit posting on Veeky Forums from your $1 Android phone on the bus, as you ride it on your way to your McJob.

>Initial Quality

Yeah, give it more than 3 months since that only measures out 90 days you fucking mouthbreather

Ram has better initial quality than BMW. Wow.

No, I'm just a boss and drive a 330 daily

>this is it guys! this is the car that will put us Korean brands on the map and command a premium based on all the hype we have created for it!

Korean

that thing has no heritage behind it, the N Veloster however will be Albert Biermann's baby and will be hyped us as some hyper hatch for $38k which dealers will inflate to $55k

>The Mk.2 Veloster N will rape every other hot hatch for thousands less.

And when it comes out there will be redesigns of the other hot hatches as well.....

lol jesus christ guys.

And we don't care about those here in this Hyundai thread.

No, not at all.

It will be a limited production run, sure but they'll start offering their usual $4k-$8k incentives on them after the first model year. The used market will have more than enough available at considerably low prices too.

The Veloster has "heritage" but it's not very positive yet. They have more to prove all around with the second generation.

I say this as someone with one. The car is fucking fantastic to me, but th rest of the world doesn't agree yet.

>anti chink
>everything item in his trailer home is from china

Look up who's running Hyundai's N division and check out what he's been up to the last 3 decades.

TORSION

BEAM

REAR

SUSPENSION

I know, I know, he was the head of BMW M.
The car will be a beast, just not certain that it will be enough.

>VW & Mini several ranks above Lexus

????

I really don't think this is a reliable source my man.

I actually like the looks of it before the facelift. It'll age like fine milk, but it looks fun for now.

Is the auto tranny shit in the fist? The mustang auto wasnt that bad from the my13.

The Fiesta/Focus transmissions were under recall early on. The later ones aren't but are still nothing to write home about.

Hyundai
Buttfuck ugly

348 with the GDI now.

I don't get it.

You fags were going gaga over the i30, literally no complaints and all praise and hope. The Veloster N is literally the i30 with the Veloster body. That's it.

>ugly

It's different. It's one of the most unique cars you can buy new for sub $25k. Youre calling it ugly because it's not genericlookingshitbox.jpg.

>>faster than a toyobaru
Only in stoplights which doesn't matter
>>more practical than a mini cooper s
mini cooper S has nearly the same volume of space while being a smaller class of car entirely
>>cuter than a civic si
opinions
>>dramatically cheaper than a gti/wrx
so is a bicycle
>>better build quality/refinement than a fist
100% false

>only in the real world which doesn't matter
>the mini subcompact and veloster subcompact are different classes of car
>yes, opinions
>so is my dick in your mom
>seriously implying ford's build quality isn't walmart tupperware tier

Don't even like the Veloster, but you are full of shit all around m8.

Only if your real world is going WOT from stoplights. And I'll be honest that was sometimes part of my real world when I was like 19-20. It's really opinions, especially considering they're rather different cars.

The rest is mostly opinions, too. Like I'll agree it manages to set itself apart visually from other cars in the class and kind of looks catchy from certain angles. But the one down the road from me still looks like a cheap generic car trying to look a little fast and different. Like a younger student's next shot at pulling off something that really hangs together and looks good. And that's appropriate for what the car is, really.

People complain about the torque dip in the FR-S but the Veloster has no power at all until on boost which is very high rpm and much worse.

What's the torque curve look like there and how is it to drive around?

With the torque dip, sure the real power comes on later and you have to avoid falling down in to it. But what's just as bad for casual driving is getting the rug pulled out from under you when you're coming up in to the dip or you forgot to drop enough gears to make it scream if you thought you just needed a bit more grunt to catch up or overtake. In other words, the unevenness and sometimes unexpectedness puts a bit of a chore in front of easy enjoyment.

I never noticed the three door thing. I guess I just never payed that much attention to them.

even a sonata from ten years ago is faster
even a fucking foxbody is faster
It might be nice used or with a good deal but almost every other option is better even the v6 coupe genesis.

what are the rumored specs?

Now kiashill is pushing this crap pile? Well at least it is not a $50k kia

> but Hyundai has the best warranty out of the majority of automakers
And why do you think that is, kid?

>shit keeps breaking
>no one wants their cars

Literally half the velosters I see around where I live are tackily rced out to all fuck, compared to maybe 1/10 with other commonly riced out types of cars. This car attracts dipshits like no other

Just buy an old Mazdaspeed 3, same specs and you won't get laughed at

the elantra gt sport looks better than that shitty girl car

I thought the veloster turbo was like the new i30 SR turbo.... the power comes on at like 1500 rpm and then platues till maybe 4500 and falls off.

That kind of turbo doesn't feel "racey" to me. I'd rather have the toybaru and be revving the shit out of it.

With Koreans hiring the exec's at bentley, lambo, M's old president, and top German industrial designers

Their cars now look good, feel good, and run fast

But what the hell about their reliability? Their cost of maintenance and parts? Does this mean Korean cars will have BMW complicated engineering with corners cut to keep costs low? That sounds like a disaster

Those guys left their German companies because their higher ups wanted complicated cars filled with gimmicks. These guys want to make simple, quality cars that'll last

Still doesn't change the fact that the Veloster is shit

>With Koreans hiring the exec's at bentley, lambo, M's old president, and top German industrial designers

German design is shit. Over complicated and expensive. Not sure how that fits with the Kia mission of dogshit for the masses, but I guess we will see.

At least Hyundai doesn't outsource all their factories to fucking Mexico.

Anyone who thinks Hyundai stealerships won't take advantage of the Nice badge to put a mark-up on their inventory is only fooling themselves
It's just like with any other major brand, they never offer incentives on performance brands/cars

lol if you count the hatch it's four right?

Yes they do. Hyundai has done it multiple times with their r-spec trims.

R-Spec is a joke compared to what's being said about N trims, you can't compare adding brembos and a sportier suspension to having a completely different drivetrain and engine
They will be marked up as the hype intensifies

Rspec is what the performance trim levels of Hyundai were until this year with the a N package. I can damn well compare the two because it's the closest thing Hyundai has ever done to a performance package on their vehicles.

But quantitatively you can't
N package did a lot more modifications than the R-Spec trim ever has
It's apples to oranges, sorry but you're wrong

This very much

Nah, you're wrong. Both are performance packages and it doesn't matter the quantity of changes. Stop being retarded m8.

>blah blah blah
>I talk out of my ass without any knowledge on the subject
>I'm right your wrong
>lalalalalala
It does matter for the reasons I have already stated, look at what happened to the Focus ST/RS and the FiST, Ford isn't know for having the highest quality but when the hype built up, dealers we're butting markups on them
No one put markups on R-Specs because they weren't hyped up and there wasn't a demand because Hyundai was extending feelers into a market segment they had never entered before
Now that they have people's attention and are coming up with a package that isn't just Brembo brakes and a better handling suspension but a completely different drivetrain and powertrain, the dealers will now have an incentive to place a markup on then, ESPECIALLY considering they're limited run
So sorry, but your worldview is very short-sighted

>as the hype intensifies

Asshole, I spit my football snacks seeing this comment. (((hype)))... over a hyundai... (((intensifies))).

Stop being so short-sighted, this thing is going to get pushed on normies hard
>stolen lead of M
>creates N with Hyundai
>produces actual high performance vehicles with a brand that is consistently improving year by year
>limited run
You're dumb if you think Hyundai isn't going to be on a media blitz when these are about to hit the market

>comparing its price to hot hatch prices

the only thing is has going for it is reliability. that is it.

OMG. You are completely delusional. You need pills.

Not an argument, shitholer

It's a Hyundai you retard. You're a moron if you think they're going to put a premium on it and dealers overcharge WHEN IT'S A FUCKING HYUNDAI.

Even the Stinger GT is dropping dramatically from its msrp. A GT just rolled off the lot for $37k near me. Stop being a delusional fuckface - no one badgewhores a fucking Hyundai

i have a friend with a bk1 3.8 track and another with a boosted bk2 3.8 track. both drive like shit

KDM fuccbois do

Some Korean cars look okay, but usually because they're copying successful designs from someone else. Hyundai grilles actually piss me off less than most brands but I will never buy a gook car

>kdm

Yeah and they're like, the 2% Of the people who actually buy Hyundai. Majority of Hyundai buyers get them because they're cheap and come with a good warranty