/srg/ - Speedrunning General

A place for speedrunners to gather, except all we do is talk about drama.
Feel free to post your progress of your exploits, though, there's a few of us here that speedrun.
>speedrun.com
>speedrun.tv

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who is we?

why did the last one get deleted?

i have no idea why the previous thread was deleted either but please don't delete again

>all we do is talk about drama.
In the last thread there was a ton of speedrunning discussion. You are delusional.

no there wasn't, it got deleted
you are delusional

I enjoy Pykn streams

now that's what i call a bay8ked'd alaska

Cosmo Wright

Is there even anything worth talking about anymore in this general?

besides Narcissa's penis? no

those are some clean looking feet, anime

What are (You) speedrunning?

why didn't you sage?

The Neglected Sage Inquiry

why did you delete?

The Missing Posts Conundrum

mfw I plug /srg/ in the SDA survey
>check /srg/, falling off the board after SGDQ and ESA are over

who are you quoting, animes?

Post anime traps or fuck off, anime.

YASSS gurl get those barely 100 viewers!

why didn't you sage?

clips.twitch
.tv/SillyImpossibleAntelopeSuperVinlin

damn, chibi's hittin' THAT!?

BASED

why did you delete?

The God Page Stigma

The God Gamer Stigma

The Let it Die Entreaty

The doggy is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

why didn't I sage?

Man, what happened to Cosmo, feels bad

Super Mario Sunshine has no depth or momentum, and has fewer movement options than SM64. It also has massive RNG that can cost you the run and you can't do anything about it.

SM64 is obviously a better speedgame.

Everyone agrees.

>SM64 is obviously a better speedgame.
stop bringing up your shitty meme game nobody fucking cares about

if SM64 is so good, why don't you speedrun it instead of bringing this shit into the thread?

Even moving optimally in a straight line has more depth in SM64. You have to first build momentum, and then maintain it with dives and frame perfect rolls.

In Sunshine you literally just slide forward on Marios gut with FLUDD propelling you lmao

Why are you replying to yourself?

So is Croni a dude or what

>multiple people talking about how good the controls are.
Where's that faggot who was too stupid to look up this opinion on his own?

>multiple people also talking about how bad the camera is
please go away already nobody fucking cares

imagine genuinely believing that sm64 isn't the best speedgame ever created.....

Then why does chimpazeese the grind monkey hold all the relevant records? I thought the best speed games rewarded innovation, not mindless grinding.

This is the most retarded post I have ever seen in /srg/. Speedrunning is the act of grinding a game out. Innovation is how you crate strats to use in speedrunning. Fuck up.

sounds like a dumb stream monster meme lol

or maybe that works in unoptimized meme games

Someone sounds bitter a grinding chimp like cheese can just take all the records while literally sucking cocks and whining like a bitch on stream while doing it every day for 10 hours like a stupid fucking grind monkey and begging for donations in the meantime.

You can't say he doesn't play sm64 for a living because that is literally the only thing he does to earn a living

ok so? you want a guy who plays 1hr a day to beat him with magical "innovation" like in your animes?

You can't WR in Contra without being gifted to begin with. Now what?

Cheese has innovated upon things, though. Him and Simply were literally the pioneers to follow in Nero's footsteps.

So he's gonna go back and forth with other chimps until they all outchimp one another. Meanwhile if cheese ever picked up contra he would never WR because he's just a pathetic grind monkey with no real talents

He could tie the WR though. He just can't improve it because the game has no depth, so humans are capable of hitting the skill ceiling.

Wrong. He can't tie or beat the WR without a talent for mashing.

literally what does this have to do with sm64 being the best speedgame

It's a grind monkey game for grinding sellouts whereas contra is the true patrician speedgame

>You can't WR in Contra without being gifted to begin with.
what is this nonsense? you can practice to get good at any speedgame.

so its a better game because some people cant play it? lol...

You can't genetically engineer yourself to mash faster than your body allows
You can play it, but you can't grind a WR and get free donations and subs for it

>You can't genetically engineer yourself to mash faster than your body allows
You can practice to get better at mashing, though. Just like how guitar players practice to have faster picking, or how drummers practice doing faster strokes.

There's literally no reason someone's body "wouldn't allow" faster mashing unless they were injured or disabled.

If you're making the claim that mashing is a natural talent that cannot be improved upon through practice, you're going to need some very good evidence to support it.

I have a fringe popular and two non popular speedgame WRs, planning on submitting to GDQ in September. Wish me luck

Wrong. While a mashing speed of 15hz is already perceived as extremely good. The most gifted runners go as high as 20hz. You can't reach these speeds without being naturally talented.

She looks autistic. I guess chibi found the perfect girl.

sda survey? are they gathering info on how to revive that dead doggy?

>people are still posting in srg when samandtolki and kiwifarms exist

who would want to post on a board that's 99% goose talking to himself?

mental illness is entertaining

what the fuck is kiwifarms

>The most gifted runners go as high as 20hz.
Please provide evidence that this is a natural ability that cannot be learned.

s_ is live

>the evidence fag is back

Super Mario 64 is objectively better than Super Mario Sunshine, as both a speedgame and a casual game.

>evidence
>in speedrunning
What do you think this is? Do basic research on mashing in speedruns. Ask around. Everyone is going to tell you they can't break a certain number no matter what they do.

You're free to try it yourself. You'll never ever get close to 20hz.

>Everyone is going to tell you they can't break a certain number no matter what they do.
This is low quality anecdotal reporting and doesn't mean a thing.
>You're free to try it yourself. You'll never ever get close to 20hz.
I don't mash because I'm not interested in tearing apart my tendons to be good at some shitty NES meme game.

lol

not even close to all of those are goose alts. many are verifiably not goose.

lol ^

you just have to stretch your wrists and exercise to build muscle around the tendon dyel speedbitches
contra is an all around self improvement game

>mashing causes tendon tears
We're gonna need some evidence on that. Until then, you're free to provide some evidence for yourself with those lazy noodle arms of yours.

Bulking has nothing to do with how fast you can vibrate your arm.

>We're gonna need some evidence on that.
Evidence that repetitive strain causes injury over time?

Is that a joke?

umm if you guys knew anything you'd know that vibrajacking is a technique used in stepmania and other games for fast mashing and yes it can cause tendon damage

Am I to assume as well your entire lifestyle revolves around hedonistic sloth like behavior where you avoid the most minuscule kinds of strain to avoid possible injuries?

Is THAT a joke?

We're gonna need that evidence.

>stepmania
but muh apm

npm*

more like stepmemeia lol

Pretty sad that despite all the "content creators" in the speedrunning community, there is not a single peer-reviewed study published on the subject.

Rule number 1: if there are no Kotaku articles on any given subject, there's not enough evidence and more has to be provided.

its more about protecting the tendons from overuse

fuck off already

imagine running a game that doesn't take raw talent

imagine running a game with one fixed movement speed lmao

typeracer is the ideal speedgame.

imagine headcrab pinning you down with his incredible strength and having his way with you

ikr

2008 was where the quality of these games completely fell off the cliff my man

2007 was a step down from 2006 but still alright but FUCK 2008

why does headcrab have incredible strength?

Cook made him a giant and poured all of his bonus points into the strength attribute.

he's fueled by a huge raging boner that he needs relief from and you're the nearest cum receptacle

Clique faggotry out