Best Impact Gun

Hey Veeky Forums I'm starting a job as a lube tech at a mazda dealership in a couple of weeks. What should I expect? Also what impact gun should I get?

Get the most powerful one they sell that way you wreck every oil plug you touch with it.

Awe shit. Cummy paws trip fag is gonna show up now. Warning thread destined for shit.

Op battery or air power?

Air

On a serious note get a Nitrocat 1200k

Lurking. Im at a dealer interviewing for a tech position right now.

3k impact gun with few simple mods

those shoes
>good luck kid

Würth air impact guns are good. t: yuropoor

Chris fix just posted this, is he one of us?

Ingersoll Rands are pretty good

Don't forget to use your impact to tighten the customers oil plan drain plug. Don't want them to leak

Veeky Forumsurguy

Jokes on you, i got the job

You have to buy your own tools?

I'm not gonna fall for that, I know the impact gun is for the coolant plug

The only reason you should ever pull out an impact gun is when you're taking apart trim pieces

Earthquake XT from harbor freight, but understand that he half inch one is extremely powerful and can break shit easily.
I would get both a half and 3/8 model, the 3/8 compact stubby one still has a fuckload a torque and should be able to remove 99% of fasteners you run into, the half inch will do the other 1% like crank bolts or axles nuts.

Makita xwt08

>working a job where you buy your own tools
Holy shit mechanics are pathetic

Actually no, the jokes on you, you got the job.

Whatever you say kiddo

Some of us want nice tools when we’re on them all day

>plastic air tools for anything that doesn't just spray air or a substance (paint, sand)
>especially for a fucking impact gun
guy deserves pretty much everything he gets to be honest

fuck

An EK Civic with discs has the caliper on the rear side of the car, not the front.

So get your fucking boss to pay for them lmao
I can't think of literally any other trade that makes its Tradesmen by their own tools it's sad

Fuck it, I fixed it for you mate. No worries.

Enjoy your shitty hand-me down tools while I'll enjoy my nice free tools since I can write them all off my taxes

>I can't think of literally any other trade that makes its Tradesmen by their own tools it's sad

My friend is an electrician and he uses his own tools, occasionally you need a very expensive or specialty tool like hydraulic benders etc etc but the company has all that stuff.
Hand tools and power tools are all owned by the worker.

Seems you can't think of many trades.
Electricians and Plumbers use their own tools. Most people who do finish work use their own tools, like tile setting, and trim work.

>he doesn't know how deductions work
Mummy still does your taxes, huh?

>lube tech
>impact gun
go die in a fire fucko. getting the oil plug off after an impact gun has touched it is a fucking bitch.

It's actually pretty easy. All you have to do is drop the oil pan and install a new one :^)

Just impact it off lol

Original artist here. Thanks for fixing that. I'll fix it in the .sai file as well and repost. I'm super happy to see this image floating around.

only way to fix this is too shop regularfur reviews necking it in the back

Make sure you give it a few extra braaaps when tightening the oil drain plug, I would hate for it to fall off on the highway.

lmao my sister took her fucking Civic to Jiffy Lube a few weeks ago and they stripped the fuckin drain plug on her

I literally told her they would do that if she took it there

>this kills the Veeky Forumstist

Lube techs typically do tire work too. Oil change and a rotation is a fairly common request.

Did you hit him up today?

My nigga; AIRCAT is top tier. Take a note OP.

Got an 1100k and looking to get a 1250 Nitro; only complaint is the selector switch is pretty rough because it's worn a groove into the aluminum housing so it gets stuck sometimes, but it's great otherwise.

Got a MG750 from my Matco guy a month or so ago as my lube jobs beater, and am pretty impressed with it. I use the 1100 as my heavy hitter now generally. How is the 1200k for power?

Will be getting some more FL Aircat tools come tax time. Their headquarters isn't too far from where I work, actually.

>TFW gonna apply there with no prior experience

I can't be worse than half the retards there right?

OP here try a dealership I just got this job with no experience

you will get the job, don't worry

they hire just about anyone, when i was in high school i worked at a hardware store and one of the managers was a former jiffy lube employee

she knew absolutely nothing about cars and she was the assistant manager and then manager at the jiffy lube

made me audibly laugh

Get fucked lube monkey

How hard will I get bullied?

No, they'll probably take you honestly, even with no experience. Most of the chuds working in this field wing it for the most part, and rely on learning from other peoples fuckups, at least from what I ususally see. Trained enough people over the years to see this, luckily none of my trainees fucked up too much, and it was small shit generally.

Just don't assume every car takes 6 quarts of oil, and JL is about selling flushes; even if it's electronic systems that don't need them. I've seen shitty service writers sell PS flushes on cars with electronic racks before. Pretty funny when I have to go back and explain to them why I can't do the job.

INB4 "hurr, there's still a fluid reservoir on some of them", yes, and usually it's behind the fucking motor hidden behind stupid shit.

fuckin savage bruh

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I just hit him up on Twiter.

I'll fix correctly it in the .sai file when I get the chance. Probably tomorrow, as its currently 2 am for me. I've also been meaning to cover up some of my sloppy coloring, which I'll probably do at the same time and repost here.

DAMN SON

Yet another one that didn't get how chad is supposed to behave. Keep it going

>lube tech
>needing an impact

Use whatever trash they have in the shop. You dont make enough to pay the snapon man for an air gun.

Ingersol Rand is 5/5 bretty guud

>mfw I use the same gun every day where I work for taking apart hydraulic/pneumatic cylinders

>soapy wooder
i haz lold

I guess that's one of those weird american things

I started working in this hydraulics shop and got this tool cart with a basic 170 piece tool kit borrowed to me from the company. If I ever need more, I can always borrow more. Borrow means, If I ever quit, I must return all the tools.

>didn't pay a cent for it

Oh sweet that finally got colored.

IR is a great brand. New ones are barely even shake as you use them. I've taken off RV 1 5/16" lugs torqued to 500ft-lbs with my 2135ti. Bought it used from a friend of mine for 100$.

My advice would be to try and take care of your back and joints, every older guy who worked on cars for a living has fucked knees and a ruined back.

The fucker never even responded to me when I messaged him. I commented a couple times talking to people about how we drew it and he deleted a couple of my comments. I'm actually pissed.

Catch me up, cause I only remember this as a B&W sketch. Did you color it and then some instafag took credit?

Not him but chrisfix posted it and wanted to know who drew it

I think the one in the pictured suffered some long fucking fall or was rolled over by a semi at a sharp angle or something

Or maybe the guy who owned it wasn't sure what an "impact hammer" was and used it as you would traditionally use a hammer

Ingersoll rand is really good. They make matco tools