How do American automakers make a profit when they have to pay some 18 year old redneck 50k to build their cars?

How do American automakers make a profit when they have to pay some 18 year old redneck 50k to build their cars?

They sell the cars at a much higher price dumb-dumb

Government bails them out.

Chicken tax.

That's $50k a year.

You do realize that they literally sell some cars at a higher price point than that, right?

Cars could be sold at a profit for $2,000. The big auto companies make money by financing something you paid for with the down payment. They work together to protect their profits. GM is basically a bank.

go look how much a Silverado 1500 costs

They cut corners.

I used to own a Ford Mustang, that I bought brand new in 2007. It wasn't until 2016 that I realized just how many corners Ford had cut to keep costs down.

So many shit parts that aren't properly installed.

These days you can only trust Germany and Japan with a long lasting vehicle.

>Not financially supporting your own country

Keep sucking that Kraut and Jap dick, faggot.

*assuming you're American

that sector is priviledged by statism in so many ways

and I'm not even considering building roads

I'm not going to reward shit quality car builders. That being said the gap is closing, but my older Corolla was near 400k when I sold it to my buddy and it is still going stong. My current Acura is killing it as well. Meanwhile all the shitstangs and the like my other friends have run into issues all the time.

how many cars does an automaker help produce in a year?

Why do Westerners reproduce when it costs $100k to raise a child in a developed world?

Why not leave it to the Africans, who pay maybe $1k to raise a child, to have all the world's children?

I think it's 18, and the average profit on a car is around $7k or something.

Either way, unionized hourly GM, FCA, and Ford workers all got profit-sharing checks that were worth around $10,000 for last year

Most Jap brands are assembled in the US. You're also an idiot if you don't think they cut corners.

>a much higher price dumb-dumb
At a much higher price than who?

Let's assume some logic shall we:

- capitalism is the way of most of Earth
- capitalism forms a pyramid, always, with the thinkers and managers at the top, those at the bottom grow and build
- the world's countries trade with each other
- USA can be the top of the pyramid, while other countries do most of the production and building, our country run's the ideas and management of capitalism and its future

So...

Oh and like the other user said, assembly, sales, and support all create American jobs.

>Bought a Ferd
>designed in Europe
>Some versions of it are built in Mexico

Yeah, the division between "American" and other manufacturers isn't that big dude...

Jap reliability 488.

I'll recount everything that went wrong on my Stang:

- factory defect water leak, rain went into the cabin
- took it to Ford and instead of fixing the gaskets they pumped black silicone into the gaps, which later cracked and the leak returned
- When it returned at 60k, Ford Dealer, and Ford Corporate refused to cover the repairs
- Even if they did fix the water damaged wiring and created electrical issues, also not covered by Ford
- I parked on a hill one day and when I pulled up my E-brake the cable snapped, not covered by Ford
- My rear brakes failed for some reason, not covered by Ford
- They made the sparkplugs in Ford cars from 2005 - 2009 in 2-piece assembly, so when you go to remove the plug it snaps off in the cylinder. I had to have 2 snapped plugs removed. ALSO NOT COVERED BY FORD.

Ford can go fuck themselves. I will never buy another product from them.

I agree, but they don't cut corners that will royally fuck the customer. And they standby the mistakes.

Honda offers a warranty on any cracked windshields, no matter the life of the car, if you had the cracked windshield defect.

>than who
it is "than whom" dumb-dumb

Plenty of reliable engines and vehicles these days. Just about every newly manufactured vehicle is going to last 200,000+ miles with proper maintenance. That used to be exceptional. Jap reliability is just a meme these days.

I do agree they're much better at acknowledging their flaws and compensating customers.

>cars can be sold at a profit for $2,000

Really makes me think