/gtg/ grand tour general

>looks like shitboxes are back on the menu boys

well it was still kinda crap and a bit too polished and scripted but its on the right track at least
i sure hope its indicative of things to come

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=622GBtENJMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not every thread needs to be a general, y'know
With that said, I enjoyed this episode genuinely! It's as scripted as the later cheap car challenges like the 80s hatchback one, but it was also pretty fun and it didn't make me just constantly frustrated like the earlier episodes of the show did. I think there's hope for them finding their groove again, albeit probably not for a couple more seasons.

i was trying to be courteous
see if i couldn't consolidate gt threads

Shut up you stupid nigger

I genuinely enjoyed this episode. It was head and shoulders above what they've done so far with their new show.

I think they've finally started to settle how close they can get to what they were doing with Top Gear without pissing off BBC, which is good.

this. it was definitely more like the cheap car challenges of TG than anything they had done previously.

I'm actually starting to develop a hopeful attitude towards the episode where hamster trundles around on a bike.

fugg i just canceled my amazon prime thursday. where to watch it free?

Yea, definitely one of the best this season, or since the new show has begun to air, desu.
I don't think you should really get your hopes up. They're not heading towards less scripting and more spontaneity. This trend started many years ago when they were still Top Gear, and has only gotten a little bit worse over the years. You can still look forward to some fun episodes once in a while, though.

The.Grand.Tour.S02E06.Jaaaaaaaags.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-QOQ[rartv]

> Reeweeee it's scripted
> Literally did an unscripted unpolished episode to shut you up
> Showed you why your opinion is shit
> You still didn't learn

This is bait

/t/

i enjoyed it and have been enjoying most of the episodes because i don't give a shit about scripts

it's great not having to be constantly worried about scripts, like i have scriptophobia or some babyman shit.

The celebrity races are still the shittest part of the show, why did they have to use the slowest, quietest jag?

>did the most scripted, unfunny thing they've done so far to prove that over-scripting things is the bomb
What did they mean by this? Also, before they ruined it with stupid fake confrontation, the Ken Block piss take was by far the funniest thing Grand Tour has done so far.

The farmkhana feature was weird because someone released a farmkhana video a week earlier and I though they were related somehow.
youtube.com/watch?v=622GBtENJMg

1st episode this season that I watched in entirety. Jag skiing was pretty good.

I thought the farmkhana was fucking hilarious. Both me and my gf were pissing ourselves laughing at Clarksons idiosyncrasies

I've gotta say, this one actually felt like Top Gear
It wasn't perfect, but it's definitely one of the best so far
hopefully they keep improving

>Trashing expensive shitboxes that nobody has cared about since the 70s
The peak of automotive entertainment.

Honestly, I enjoy them plenty I just feel like the angles they use make it hard to really comprehend the turns. The shots they had for the test track on Top Gear made it exceptionally clear what the turn looked like and how you'd want to go through it, but honestly a lot of the turns on the Grand Tour track look like you could just straightline them yet nobody does it's really confusing.

I think that most of the not so good parts are caused by trying to dodge around BBC's vice like grip over all things top gear. I think as they continue to find ways around it they will only get better
Yes
I agree
The directing could be improved

The first noticable nail in the coffin was the homemade electric car skit. That's when they noticably started favoring wackiness over wittiness in the scripts.

I think what it comes down to is that they breached a point where you can no longer hang onto suspension of disbelief that These Are People, the Bolivia and Vietnam specials were just as scripted as the stuff they're doing nowadays but the difference is that they weren't acting like the three stooges back then, just mildly obnoxious men keeping up the bantz.

It's still pretty meh, all it really makes me think is how much I miss peak TG.

thought it was good, funny and scripted, but i never disliked it. kinda sad seeing them so old though, i think of jezza as with a brown afro but hes bald and grey

The thing that I still don't about GT is this. They're on a whole new channel (service, whatever), they've got a bigger budget, more creative freedom and less censorship. So why just keep doing the same formula from your old show?

no

>>Drink some wine
Someone is gonna get pneumonia again