American cars in Japan

explain this phenomenon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WY_j_rPsMHE
youtube.com/watch?v=n70AgNDh6qg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some people want to experience cars that aren't common in their home country. It's like an American lusting after pic related, or a European importing a Skyline to an LHD country.

If i had the money i'd definitely import the car of my dreams if it was only sold overseas.

>american bases in japan
>americans in japan
>american cars in japan

look at the license plates. None of those are for servicemen. those are all for japanese residents.

"Vehicles owned by personnel with the United States military in Japan under the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) have a "Y" on white plates"

youtube.com/watch?v=WY_j_rPsMHE

gotcha

Yes
All Japanese cars produced after 1945 are essentially American
We quite literally own them

nips are westaboos. Scandinavians too, I think.
captcha:
>mexico impasse

>nips

gramps time to take your medication

I'm 23, just racist.

It's true, we've had our fucking boot on Japan's throat for the past 70+ years. Germany too. Look at the military bases.

>Scandinavians too, I think.
People from Scandinavia are western, moron.

yes but they're into cowboy yankee doodle shit if I'm not mistaken

>yes but they're into cowboy yankee doodle shit if I'm not mistaken
lol what? t finn

yeah like I said its time to take your medication.

youtube.com/watch?v=n70AgNDh6qg

stuff like this

Perkele

Also Scandinavia is known for having a pretty big American car scene and drag racing scene compared to the rest of Europe.

>cherry picking this hard

Im sure a few people have a hard on for Americans, but majority of finns dont give a flying fuck about America

I'm not cherrypicking I just googled 'nordic car culture'

>drag racing scene
this is true
>pretty big American car scene
not any bigger than any other kind of car scene. gdm is really popular now and tuning shows are still nip cars and stance cancer

or 'swedish' or 'scandinavian', can't remember

come home white man cuz you lying your ass off

>i once googled one thing and one result showed me an american car show somewhere in scandinavia
you realize how retarded this sounds
just because you saw images of trucks in iceland does not mean literally fucking everyone has a hard-on for american cars. in reality, most people in car circles think anything american and manufactured beyond 1982 is a bit of a joke
seriously how the fuck can you make a 5.0L engine make only 215hp

>seriously how the fuck can you make a 5.0L engine make only 215hp
Easy, choke off all the top end. Muh bulletproof understressed engines etc.

what the hecc is that doing there, i though japs had a hard on for kai trucks

>first of all its kei cars which MOST japanese people drive
>second of all just because you see a picture of one American truck doesn't mean ALL japanese people like it you fucking retard

use some common sense

nobody lusts after that soulless pos lol

They want to be different

How the fuck are servicemen supposed to afford corvettes and vipers? Last I heard, guys in the military weren't exactly the fucking epitome of wealth.

>first of all its kei cars which MOST japanese people drive
no one but you cares what or how it's spelled autist

>>second of all just because you see a picture of one American truck doesn't mean ALL japanese people like it you fucking retard

i never said all you ass blasted faggot, stop assuming

That's cool. Makes me wonder what the laws for importing are like in japan.

Most of them have living expenses covered by the base I would imagine, so a large portion of their income is viewed as disposable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare

Educate yourself.

There's American car lovers all over the world. My parents' neighbor owns almost every 70s classic out there.

>a car subculture exists, therefore literally all car culture is part of said subculture

Japs prolly think their trucks are useless compared to murrican trucks.

Give them a Hilux with a dropside bed, and they can do much more work than a stupid kai truck.

They are rare and exotic in Japan, some Americans lust for Skylines, old Evos and even Kei cars.

u guys are missing the point
This truck is obviously not for utility
It's just a nice thing that the owner likes

>explain
same reason Americans import unique or obscure cars from other countries

Enlisted doesn't make a ton of money, but they don't have many living expenses. Officers can make good money though.

Really? Euro/japanese scene must have been growing lately. US-car picknick in Forssa is restricted to 2500 cars and it pulls about 30000 visitors yearly(one day event). Another big one is in my hometown, called Linna Cruising(about 1.5K cars).
US-cars are not that popular among younger people in bigger towns. Mainly, because fuel is so expensive. The cars themselves are not that expensive(not cheapo thou). Also no US-car animu to fap over.

I think that the biggest car event in Sweden are also US-car related (Power Big Meet(over 3K cars)).

>That front fascia
When you want an LS swapped FD but do the smart thing and just buy a C5

He probably meant Tojo's.

Most of those wouldn't be possible without company related.

That is correct. Enlisted aren't that well-off (unless you're a senior enlisted with many years in). However, if you're single, you have free adequate housing in the form of barracks, the on-post military stores are tax-free, and food is covered (with a $300-350 food deduction from the paycheck).

Things you will see in Japan
Vintage Italian car clubs
Vintage French car clubs
Vintage British sports car clubs
American lifted truck clubs
American muscle car clubs
American sports car clubs
JDM classics
JDM 90s
Modern supercars
German camper van clubs
Loweriders
A-Team American vans
Lowered VIP Hiaces
VIP luxury builds
Pre-war cars
Track builds
Rally builds

and more and more and more

All in flawless condition. Heaven on Earth.
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ

Grass is always greener effect.

>goes to Japan in the hopes that it will kill my weeabooism
>weeabooism increases by 10000%

Fuck, their car/bike culture is so much better. Even though old cars get taxed to death.

People are lusting for yugos you fucking idiot

still more characterful than that pos audi

really?
t.exyu

eddie meduza är gud bland folk och får

And they are to stupid to save and invest for the future, and happy to take retarded finance deals.

*too

>I killed fiddy men

Nah, not anymore

suck

Is the concept of Japanese people liking American cars really that foreign to some of you?

It's the same reason JDM cars have such a cult like following in the US, it's different.

its like americans lusting after skylines.

so much kek

the majority of americans know 3/5 of fuck all about any other country outside of north america.

Almost like Japenese are people too, and people have diverse tastes. Imagine such a concept, how marvelous.
Sorta like how in NZ we have shitloads of jap cars we wouldn't bat an eye to, but there's still the old farts with their lustful days of cars they had in their youths.

Is it really that stupid to enjoy being alive? A lifetime is extremely finite.

A lot of guys I know that blow their money on a nice car are putting in like 8% in their Roth IRA anyways and they see that + 20 year pension as their future funds.
Ironically they probably have a better retirement plan than you even with the Mustang GT350 on e4-6 pay

Also funny that the guy in this thread that owns a gt350 is also in the military, lel

I was just over in Japan about a month ago. The car scene over there is completely crazy, it's super deserve. I saw everything from rat rods to hypercars running around on the streets and at least in Yokohama area there was a lot of american/Italian cars. I also noticed that a lot of the Japanese go crazy over USDM only cars like we go crazy for JDM ones. I guess it's one of those the grass is always greener on the other side things.

Not him, but my retirement plan is fine. I wouldn't have put in the deposit to buy the GT350 if I didn't have my budgeting and finances in order. And yes, I already get the joke about military guys buying Mustangs. I can't help it that I like them though.

There basically aren't any. Not for direct personal/private importing anyway

They probably wonder why we'd want a rhd jdm Subaru when we got the same thing here.

How many of them do you know? While there are definitely some young people in the military that aren't wise with their money, the same can be said about similarly aged civilians. The military is just a small subset of society as a hole for the most part.

I'm a single O-3, soon to be O-4, and I have no wife or kids, so I have a sports car and two motorcycles. All three are paid in full and if it weren't for moving overseas, I would probably buy a small pick up just for something with some more utility and to carry a bike or two to a track.

Same goes for most other first world countries. America and Canada are really the only countries with significant import laws.

they blow their signing bonus to get predatory financing and then miss payments and get repo'd less than a year later.
Source: I live near an army base.

>some lucky nipfuck owns a C4 ZR1
Got dammit that is my obtainable dream-car.

Didn't meet the owner, but his first name seems to be Craig.

>hawaii

rip

jdm cars in america
ecesuplainu this phenomena desu

britbong weeb here
you americans dont realize how cool your cars are to people outside america, seeing a base model shitbox foxbody mustang in england is just as exiting as seeing a pristine r33 gtr.
nips are the same, just like how you fantasize over their cars that are jdm only they fantasize about your cars that are usdm only, and the same applies to eudm autd and everywhere else, everyone wants what they dont have and everyone thinks what they already have is worthless.
theres big big bux to be made exporting usdm cars to other countrys including japan, they will litterally trade you any jdm car you want for your ford shitbox

This is mostly true except for nobody outside of Australia wants anything Australian

im pretty sure alot of americans would sell their balls for a ute
its a fuggin pickup truck and a fuggin muscle car

see this is my point, from inside straya your cars dont seem like much cos your used to them so you dont realise how cool they are.

i see bmw Ms every day and ive e30s and e36s are the only ones that ever make me bat an eye, meanwhile the rest of the world creams themselves over M3s

Speak for yourself user, I don't want a station wagon.

I honestly thought C4s couldn't be made to look good but thats pretty damn sweet.

nips love fatniks

My favorite