Why does Audi make people so butthurt? Every time someone even mentions Audi...

Why does Audi make people so butthurt? Every time someone even mentions Audi, the butthurt flocks around and suddenly you have a thread full of people calling it shit, even though it's the only manufacturer that made a pretty wide line of cars for a good part of the past twenty years with full time AWD.

Does it really make people that jealous or wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pyWOdjdDdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>audi
>full time awd

lmao

>FWD-based """"""""luxury cars""""""""
>VAG

reactions like this are why. but they genuinely make some horrid shit sometimes (like the 2.8 quattro

>Does it really make people that jealous or wtf?
Nope, Mercedes make me jealous. Re-badged VW do not.

2.7*

>his top-of-the-line """"""""""""luxury car"""""""""""" shares parts with a fucking Skoda

>being jelly of pigfat benz when superior and slightly-less pigfat bmw exists

>yfw OP is actually a full time vag hater and posted this ironically

well played ya beautiful bastard

so the interior and all the luxury features are bs because it cant do mad skidz?

FWD isn't luxury

So, uh, buy the AWD-version?

still engineered for FWD

Or better yet, but a car with real awd, or at least rwd biased awd like bmw.

Then why is the engine mounted longitudinally on both?

Torsen is not real AWD? It's a 50-50 split on earlier models and 60-40 rear biased for newer models, only the newest use ULTRA.

because Audi's team of engineers is fucking retarded, pic very related

lmao

V A G V
A A
G A V A G
A A
V V A G

>Mercedes, BMW or Lexus money
>for literal VW parts bin specials
Literally worse than GM

Everyone who posts a pic of an audi with the bumper off is retarded, taking off the bumper takes under 15 minutes, under ten if you can get it on a lift first.

so that's why a simple timing belt change on a 1.8T takes over 4 hours
youtube.com/watch?v=4pyWOdjdDdc

This timing belt change for a 1996 1.8 NA took us roughly two hours, give or take a coffee brake, it's basically the same layout as in that.

How often are you changing timing belts? Exactly. Rusted out bolts in brake components are going to end up making your simple brake job take longer than that.

good goy, now defend the 4.2's timing chain setup

I might as well defend the 1.8's timing chain setup. Yeah, I don't think it's the best solution for changing the balance of the engine, but at least the engines are durable if you are looking for an AWD sedan.

isnt luxury about comfort and features?

So as long as you own a 1.8 liter NA Audi you're good. Who the fuck would do that to themselves?

>not luxury
>muh vag and skoda
it's on par with any other luxury sedan and imho looks better than S class

are vag parts in usa that much more expensive? b5 1.8t are extremely common here in euroland and are considered rather durable and easy to work on

I think they can look incredibly sexy, if a bit pigfat, but that's the way they've always been and, honestly, part of the fun
It's European muscle, in a way
To me the vag cross compatibility is a great thing, since it means you will always have aftermarket and spares
The small models admittedly share a lot with their VW counterparts, and haldex is honestly a deal-breaker for me
But the torsen models are a blast

Luxury also implies nobility. And FWD screams plebeian.

>Rwd is somehow less plebian

As someone who has an Audi, it will be the first and last time I buy an Audi. I currently have a 2008 Audi A4 and here's the list of headaches for it:
>FWD
>Burns oil like crazy
>plastics are hideous and falling apart rapidly.
>parts and maintenance are still expensive for it despite its age
>Stereo system has not aged well at all and is counterintuitive to use (It doesn't even have a fucking aux port)

The worst part is when you get in Jettas of the same age, that's when you realize its basically the same car with a posher trim level.

It is. You get a smoother driving experience at all speeds and higher cost of ownership because good winter tires or a second car are a requirement.

FWD feels like walking an energetic golden retriever and makes for a year-round car for people who are so poor that they park on the street. It's also associated with cheap compact economy cars, because RWD is more expensive to manufacture and more expensive to purchase.

It’s not jealousy.
My friends keep on being retarded and buying Audi’s and then spending stupidly ridiculous amounts of money to fix stupidly designed things or parts that you’ve never heard of breaking on a different car

>audi
Nice exhaust bro.

Precisely this. In Europe the 1.8t is very well liked and commonplace. I've heard of lots of people doing 1.8t engine swaps. I guess the 1.8t is to Europe what the LS is to the USA.

>slightly-less v8 bmw exists that isn't comfy

they're a shit brand and their buyers are incompetent drivers.

Because Audi drivers are the same type of assholes as BMW drivers, but instead they cant do burnout, drifts or anything entertaining, they are simply crunchy buttholes without the addition of hoonage => Boring Assholes.

MUH FWD IIS SO BAD REEEEEEEEEEEE
>t.boyracer

Same reason people hate someone like Tom Brady. Losers hate winners.

read
Plus, the vast majority of sports cars and high performance cars are RWD. Audi isn't shit imo. it is just not optimal.

Lol you gonna cry about it?