2019 RAM 1500

Gentlemen, behold... The next generation Ram truck for you pretty city boys.

What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cars-driving/ram-recalls-pickup-trucks-over-gear-shifter-issue/
youtu.be/e9_XdFq6DPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks fucking gay just like every other ram.

Looks like a 07-13 Silverado

Single cab or crew cab only. No thanks.

Sad news, it seems like automakers (with the exception of GM) is dropping the single cab option. Safety regulations or some stupid shit like that.

Chevy is better

That's a nice tundra.

Single cabs suck ass and fuck crew cabs. It's the suicide door extended cab that's going extinct. The Silverado has a "double cab" which almost might as well be a crew cab. Dodge has no extended cabs for 2017/18 the last time I checked.

Dodge has not had an extended cab since 2001

consumerreports.org/cars-driving/ram-recalls-pickup-trucks-over-gear-shifter-issue/

will the new Rams pin me up against a wall as well?

Chevy is keeping the extended cab. They removed the suicide doors for rigidity and fuel economy. They still have the same dimensions as the old suicide doors of earlier generations

Actually there's a difference between Dodge's Quad Cab and Crew Cab. I'm not sure if the Quad Cab is longer than competing extended cabs, but it's easily the shorter of the four door Dodges. Basically a second row for normal sized people. The leg room on actual crew cabs is absolutely excessive.

The double car doors are quite a bit bigger than the extended cab back doors. Yeah they're smaller than crew cab doors but not by much. It's mostly the 4 door handles that I can't stand.

Except for the 2014 models and up.

The quad cab short bed was the same length as a standard cab long bed. They did this so both could share the same frame and reduce costs.

Isn't that the case on most Detroit pickups, a few configurations sharing wheelbases?

Its annoying to look at but at least the dimensions of the extended cab and double cab are roughly the same, both exterior and interior.

So are new trucks supposed to give this impression that it's disappointed in something?

I like the new silverado. Even better is that they wont discontinue the current generation.

Lemme guess, this one is a "Raptor Killer"

Did they fix the steering that breaks if you breathe on it too hard?

They apparently have 8 models. So who knows if they will bring a raptor killer.

>2019 model starts being sold and it is not even passed the 13th day in 2018

It's amazing how much bullshit marketing you let them get away with.

The Raptor killed the Raptor. It's nothing but an aluminum v6 soccer practice transport. Motor Trend liked the fucking Colorado and Power Wagon more than the new Raptor.

FACT: there is not a single decent human being on this planet who owns a Dodge Ram

A Silverado with fox shox, aggro tires and some skid plates would kill a raptor. And you'd have a glorious V8 instead of a car engine.

>how big you want your grille to appear, brah?
>THE ENTIRE FRONT

Guy at work has an SRT10, he's an alright bloke, also owns a Dnepr world war era sidecar bike.

>Silverado
>F-150

They don't even offer a manual transmission, what kind of soyboy would drive something like that?
A real men drives a Ram or a Tacoma with 5-6 speeds.

Will the half-ton finally have a max payload capacity that beats a V6 F150?

Fuck off hipster. Trucks are supposed to be easy to use tools. A manual in a truck is like wanting a keyed chuck on a drill. Even semi tractors are going auto. If you wanna brag about grabbing sticks then you better be running an unsynchronized tranny with twin sticks.

Whats the max payload on a f150? A 10lb toolbox is clearly too much for it. So 5 lbs?

I hope you aren't serious.

Ram w/ payload package is a weak 1900 lbs.

But all the faggots with Ram 1500s never do truck shit with them so they don't bother putting leafs in the back anymore

Single cab is the only cab worth while.
#weightsavings

>not wanting a keyed chuck

Superior Silverado design coming through

I wish the diesel Ram 1500 came with a stick. I have a 3rd gen 1500 gasser with a 6spd. Would trade it in in a heartbeat for the diesel if I didn't have to go auto to do it.
Right now I'm thinking of doing a cummins 2.8 swap when the motor finally gives out though that is a long ways away.
A 2500 is too much truck for my purposes and a 1/4 ton like the Frontier is too little.

>doesn'tknowhowtodrivestick.jpg
>laughinggirls.png

Only option for manual in a Tacoma is 40k.

>It's nothing but an aluminum v6 soccer practice transport.
>Its powertrain is easily the best of this group, with effortless power and seamless shifts

Seems like you're complaining about the wrong thing.

I think this is a much better lookig truck. Current models from all manufacturers look like garbage, they will be so dated soon. This era truck you posted still looks good stylistically. Even the current tacoma looks retarded.

Feel like they had to say something good about it. How is it effortless power when it was the slowest?

Is the chevy shake still a thing?

Never had it in my 05 or 16 chubby. Can go over 90 no problem.

Why is Ford the only ones who make a truck that looks decent anymore.

I think they ruined the look. I hope they updated the engines and Chasis at least. The previous rams 5.7L V8 put out 395hp which is a lot, but because of the weight it was comparable to Chevys 5.3L V8 when it comes to 0-60, 1/4 mile, and pulling power.

They really need to bump the power by at least 50hp or so, or reduce the weight by 400-500lbs to make it competitive.

That would be Ford
youtu.be/e9_XdFq6DPk

Glad to see that the death wobble is still present in the new Super Duties...