/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

Steam Launch Happened Edition

>FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Current In Game Event:
tswdb.com/events/the-whispering-tide/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

first for ar being bad is a meme

Why is aurum crashing so hard? Steam babbies introducing that much aurum to the market?

blade being bad is a meme

>kick kebab off train

kek

>Just start playing game
>Check Veeky Forums to see if there's a general
>It's fucking beyond dead like TSW
Fitting

Chainsaws when?

>One third of the game is about bullying kebab
Has there been no progress on the game because the Swedish government has locked up all the writers for that?

Last thread made it to over 400 posts before falling off the board.

weird, I was guessing that more casual players would mean more marks to cause a spike in price. dunno though, not paying attention to prices too closely.

Maybe all the f2p people already joined during the soft launch and all the people willing to throw money at the game up front came with the steam launch?

what faction do you guys play?

Illuminuggets. It doesn't really matter at the moment anyway, they mission texts are annoying but it still beats the just as planned asian jews or working for a black guy.

I'd have guessed that hardcore spenders would have been in the headstart camp. maybe not if they're more likely to be lifetime patrons though

illerminati

Just hit 50, and basically just entered CoTSG

Whales tend to be pretty lazy, that's why they spend so much money. They probably couldn't be bothered to search for a different game launcher and instead just waited for the steam release. Makes spending their shekels so much easier.

Templars. Deus Vult

Man, the shitty jump physics really took away from the train section in Last Train to Cairo. Go to jump on a crate and instead suicide off the train

>Achievement failed :^)
Everything involving jumps over those laser mines was fucking annoying as well.

SW nub starting over as a SWL nub here:
Did they make standard mode instances much easier? We didn't even need a healer for Polaris!

Is duoing the Ankh SM possible with a non-50 specced for healing? 5/6 is giving me doubts.
The two Steam bundles are the culprits probably, 8000 funbucks with a myriad of other goodies will have fucked the economy for a bit. Gonna wait till Kaidan until I cash mine in probably.
Faglars, used to be an Illumimemer in TSW though.

Auxiliary weapons not implemented yet?

>Is duoing the Ankh SM possible with a non-50 specced for healing?
No. I think Ankh is the first story mode dungeon you can't do with a story modo 50.

Nope. Or at least I haven't been able to pick any up.

Felt like it to me. You only are allowed three per dungeon now

Oh... I thought the group finder just put us together with one other fag because there wasn't enough people in the pool?
I expected the group to go down burning, but we just flew through everything.

DPS that use hate generating abilities should be shot.
Turn around so your back is facing the crate then walk backwards and jump, good luck on the horizontal signs during the 2nd section, that shit is truly cancerous.
The matchmaker doesn't even take roles into account for story mode dungeons, expect pairs of tanks having pissing contests over boss hate.

Full DPS talismans and a single sustain ability will probably work all the way to elites.

Nope, its only three; single dps, tank and healer. So far I haven't had any trouble with any of the dungeons

Is the full storyline of the episodes from TSW in the game now?

>Hey, this unfair.co is pretty neat
>It's been dead for years
What a great way to start this game.

Eh, the game is a pretty decent singleplayer and the page is a good resource for quests and shit.

If you could add any weapon to the game, what would it be?

Except the main quest tiers are fucked in egypt

First time while leveling up in Egypt or that return-in-time episodic content?

The tiers for Black Sun, Red Sand. Because they merged the extra stuff into the main storyline, the tiers are messed up. I went to look for help on a tier and unfair.co had a completely different thing for said tier

Does anyone else wish there was some kind of synergy between primary and secondary weapons?
I mean, beyond just passives, like primary weapon skills getting special effects based on your secondary

>What a great way to start this game.
>By looking up guides

OH GOD how can you be so shit?
I bet you play with quest markers and 3D pips enabled, also the giant yellow outlines as retard aid.

Oh, that sounds unfortunate.

Shouldn't you be learning morse code?

>There's not /headpat emote
This is unacceptable.

deder than bong cha's career

whips for spanking vampires and shit

Holy Magic
Bibles, rosaries, crucifixes, holy water, etc.

(sniper) rifles
throwing knives or stars
flame throwers

>trying to obtain 5% hit rating so I can do E1 dungeons without glancing

What's the best weapon combo if I want to solo shit, pistols/shotty?

That's what I roll and I only solo except with randos for dungeons. I focused on pistols with exclusively both barrels for groups, but I recently swapped to Raging shot and if need be HEAT round

Filth Abilities

PEE PEE
POO POO

Is there max caps to how many of the game resources, MoFs or whatever, you can hold?

monowire, i wanna bring some hellsing to the secret world

Best mission givers

edgy dragon faggot4lyfe

I would unironically buy a baseball jersey or something with that logo on it and wear it.

Probably.

R8 me lads
An actual shield that'd affect your other weapon(s), sword/hammer and shield, gun shield etc.

>not linking the old thread:
Is that a build for ants?

another round of confirm or deny?

Who is best waifu?

marianne chen

hopefully a soon to be new player
my wifi is really unreliable and it's making the download a nightmare
how is shotgun/blood magic?

This CDC agent needs a hug.

stop using wifi

i wouldn't be using it if i had a better option available

cum to my house bb I have fiber

is blood/pistols any good?

no

Pretty much anything works with the right actives/passives

Why not?

Post your fashion

More players = more money = inflation
Aurum is worth less because there's more of it.

did the devs explain why they downgraded the FUCK out of character creation? they even removed options previously there like a bunch of facial hair.

So they can add it in for Secret Shekels later.

Flip them and you have a winner.
Blood is best as a primary and shotty is GOAT offhand.

>Don't know what to spend AP/SP on
>Don't know how to optimally fuse gear
>Don't know if I should keep the piece of crap pistol mk1 upgraded to level 15 in exchange for the mk3
>Don't know if I should use my 10k marks on aurum in case it goes up later
>Just delete my character and quit playing
I feel like a brainlet and that I'm playing the game wrong, and the forums know about as much as I do because the game's fucked up everything.

Kirsten is goat, you pleb.

Spend AP/SP on your starting "class's" actives and passives
Fuse the same item type for 2.5x EXP multiplier (pistols on pistols)
Get a good 2 pip at least, but optimally a 3 pip with useful modifier for your role (energy, crit for DPS)
Dunno about this
Why?

>shotty is GOAT offhand

What skills and passives do you slot?

I love you cdc poster

>You have suffered Anima degradation
Is this bad? Should you pay shards to recover it? I don't seem to feel the difference.

Yes
1 death = 100 shards
10 = 1000 and you get a debuff
you do less damage for sure

Combat reload, salvage expert
Raging Shot and Shell Salvage are your actives

Chainsaw.

I breathe easy knowing it's coming. Along with whips/flamethrowers/ some other shit I can't remember. I hope they make them their own weapon types.

quick /tswlg/ what's the best gadget to get?

Shotty needs a fucking nerf or other weapons need a buff. Salvage with the trait is fucking amazing and pretty much takes a giant shit on any other off handed.

I seriously have no idea why you'd ever use a different one.

I am a CDC agent.

>Want to dress up like an FBI agent so I can into X-Files
>Can't

This

See my post, sorta
The *teleports behind you* one, called superluminal bridge. Higher rarity ones have lesser cooldown.

death to bird and spider

Honestly, other stuff needs a buff.
Keeping max stacks rolling is one of the few rewarding things you can do with a secondary beyond occasionally filling.

Is Eldritch Tome maximum 2 pip? How do you make it 3 pip?

>I seriously have no idea why you'd ever use a different one.
Something with a purge if you don't have a purge.

Shotgun is only good as secondary if you're really good at managing dragon breath. Otherwise it's worse than a lot of alternatives due to the reload mechanic.

2500 Secret Shekels in the fusion/upgrade menu.

>shekels

Aurum of MoF?

No, dungeons drop 3 pip stuff.

Uh, have they removed all normal clothing vendors? The London fashion stores don't have shit any more.

you have to go your dressing room in the character sheet window and pay aurum for cosmetics

Well what do you think?

...goddammit.