Why do Americans let children operate vehicles?

Why do Americans let children operate vehicles?

It would be half as bad if their tests had any semblance of difficulty or had to be passed on manual gear shift, in which case at least some incompetence would be filtered out by design, but it's like the whole system is set up to let as many kids as possible out into the public road system.
Unless you work as a firefighter, fisherman or a lumberjack; as a citizen born in the western hemisphere, the road is where you have the highest chance of your life coming to an end. Who the fuck thought closing a 16 year old jerkoff with cellphone addiction in a 5000 pound, steel momentum-capsule is a good idea?

>stfu eurocuck, this is the land of libery and shiet, suck your government's dick commie.

You freedom-loving nazi hypocrites don't let them have a beer until they're 21. But of course they'll drink it anyway, and guess what, they'll drive a car right afterwards. Holy shit, get your priorities straight.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You freedom-loving nazi hypocrites
>implying the American people make the laws
saged and hidden

I unironically think nobody under the age of 18 should be behind the wheel

They're supposed to have grown up riding bikes, scooters, yard tractors, real tractors, farm trucks, you name it. Survive that and you're good to go.

>freedom loving Nazi

That's basically us. Blow it out your ass europoors!

Our children are huwhite and thus smarter than the average Muslim rape baby. No wonder we let them drive.

I hate eurocuck regulations, but we are fucking dumb when it comes to driving. Everyone drives, from Stacey who's texting and driving to Grandma who forgets how to get to the store down the street. I honestly wish it was harder to get a license.

>started driving when I was 14
Alberta is nice

>whole system is set up to let as many kids as possible out into the public road system.

Yeah that’s weird, it’s almost like the state makes money off of each driver on the road or something... wait, no that couldn’t be it

freedom loving? no, the USA is ranked 32nd for personnel freedoms sweetie. try again

tfw kids didn't have cell phones when I was 15 (permit) and 16 (license).

It's up to the parents to teach their kids to drive and then not buy them new 500hp sports cars as a first car. I had a 90 Dodge Spirit as a first car, which was an automatic, and I did stupid shit that was fine in that car. If I started in an actual performance car, I probably would've killed myself, someone else, or at least pulled a treequinox.

This isn't the fucking Great Depression anymore. That's not how agriculture/industry works. Family-run farms are in the minority. Those are extremely specialized fields of work.

You can't plow a bicycle through 5 pedestrians when you lose control because Stacey sent you a nude pic.

Bomb around on quads, mopeds, ATVs, you name it bub. Maybe send little Johnny out to mow the lawn instead of paying Pablo so Johnny can eat ritalin and play vidya gaem driving that makes him think he wants to do the same things IRL.

Go karts! Possibilities are endless!

16 years old is when you should start being expected to make your own decisions and contribute to society at large. Your two years from being recognized as an adult and need to start stepping up.

A poor 16 year old with a 600 dollar pos car to get him places is infinitely more advantaged in improving and establishing his position in society than one who is wholly dependent on others for anything for anything that requires going further than two or three miles from his home. That benefit far outweighs the minor risk involved in turning them loose on the streets.

Also teaches him some responsibility. Now if something happens to his shitbox he has to deal with the consequences. That's his dent or stain in the rug from his friend, now, or whatever else.

And his decision about his friends begging for a ride all the time.

The current infrastructure was designed by baby boomers who deliberately made it easy to move up into the adult ranks so they could pawn off their kids as soon as possible and save up for their retirement to Florida at age 57.

>5000 pound
Maybe a Jeep Wagoneer with five grown adults and a weeks' worth of vacation luggage would weigh that much, but the average American car is going to be between 3000-3500 pounds.

And hey, at least people from all walks of life are respected in America, despite what Trump might say, unlike Europe where state religions are a thing, autistic people are sent off to mental institutions, and people with poor reflexes/fine motor control are given restricted licenses that make vehicle ownership cost twice as much for half the freedom.

What the fuck is the criteria for personal freedoms here then? Letting parents put their babies on HRT? Permitting rape and murder if you're nonwhite?

Being incompetent doesn't stop you from being able to drive stick.

>You freedom-loving nazi

fucking eurotrash cant even political shitpost right lul

stfu eurocuck, this is the land of libery and shiet, suck your government's dick commie

Arbitrary bullshit. If you can't own a gun without a license or the government keeping track, you're not free. Simple as that.

This is the only measure of freedom anyone should ever use

I unironically agree. I also think that driving exams should be required to have highway time, and basic remedial and preventative maintenance such as changing a tire, checking fluids, and lights etc.

Also flares/reflector triangles, a fire extinguisher and a reflective vest should be required in the vehicle at all times (except when deployed of course).

Those two thing are the strongest tools to protect the freedom so they might as well be.

I'm American and agree 100% OP.

The problem is parents being too anxious to have their kids help around with things though so they encourage it.

The test does need to be way harder, and kids need to some actual classroom time for learning to be a safe driver.

Unironically this. An armed society is a necessity for even an attempt at a nation ruled by it's people and not it's government.

Most Americans start driving earlier. I was driving to school a year before I legally was allowed and I know certain States give farming driving licenses to children.
Stay mad europoors.

kek

tell me, how did the rifles go for the arabs when obama was playing drones?

you're free alright, free to live in fear in a shit country.

worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world.html

claims to be free, has 4 of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world

KEK

>4 of the top most dangerous cities in the world
>two are liberal shitholes on par with eurostan for gun laws and amount of non-whites
>two are in the blackest parts of the country
And even then
>imblyign homicides matter
The guns aren't to protect us from eachother, they're to protect us from the politicians.
Now, don't you have some government dick to suck, Hans?

learn to read.

when you're government comes for you, it'll be by someone sitting in a concrete bunker playing drones. you're stash of AK's and Sniper rifles won't do shit.

It's a rare politician who has the balls to get anywhere near a gunfight. They're obviously for being able to draw the line against miscreants, minions, parasites, invaders, and things of this nation.

*nature

We have more than guns m8.

like what? what do you have thats going to stop a drone blowing up your whole house (plus the surrounding) from 3 miles away? please do tell.

also, you're about to lose your internet freedoms, so thats a total kek

>le drone strike

A lot of the same things you do mate. People start getting clever and doing things they wouldn't otherwise do when enough desperation kicks in.

aussie here why not?

i got my licence at 17 and drove cars since 9

so, nothing.

i've got nothing that can take down a drone from 3 miles away.

so you don't either. good we agree.

you're files ain't going to do shit from the stopping the government.

so now we all agree you all have them for protection, from everyone else. kek works well eh, thats why 96 of you dumb cunts die every day to gun violence.
>so free

Mfw my Glock/ AK combo actually saved my ass from armed niggers once

You don't seem to know anything about the limitations on what the US armed forces can and cannot do within the nations borders to US citizens. Ask yourself how many states in the union would stand for having their entire authority to regulate and enforce the law within their borders usurped not on the Federal level but entirely by the executive branch. It wouldn't fly, and Congress will never be corrupt enough in that direction to allow it to happen.
Waco took out a handful of pederasts and retards that any sane person would agree we are better without, and the atf, a nonmilitary federal agency, still catches shit from all sides for that.
Your imaginary scenario where the US government wages open war on its citizens is as impossible as me sprouting wings and declaring judgment on mankind with a flaming sword. The entire foundation and internal image of our country would first have to be not just changed, but completely eradicated and replaced in the minds of it's citizens. Said citizens keeping guns doesn't keep the army away, it keeps the feds from busting in and silencing your voice, like they would have done to the Bundy's if they hadn't armed themselves when exerting the rights they were being denied.

Raise it to 21 and yes

He also doesn't know the civilians wouldn't even need to get extreme once the military decided they had a domestic enemy on their hands.

this dude is hella ugly

Just like you, fag.

what was it like being KHV's in highschool? you obviously don't know what exploratory pussy in the cab of a bench-seat 1990 f150 feels like

nah im hot. stay mad

Sounds like something an ugly fag would say.
Stay ugly, cockfag.

i don't think that, you fucking idiot. YOU DO. thats why you all screech about guns, tyranical government yadda yadda yadda.

>my guberment says we #1 in da wurld, i lub my guberment
>NO, I MUST HAVE MA GUNS BECUZ MY GUBERMENT HATES MI FREDUMB

cool projection

You're not even screeching about guns and tyrannical governments on the right board. Get a grip, please.

A tanning bed might help with vitamin D production during the winter months.

Sounds like something a hideous fag would say.
Stay ugly, prick-licker.

sperg more

Sounds like something an autistic fag would say.
Stay on the spectrum, ass-burgers.

>wh*te people
>tan
wh*te people actually burn in the sun

no joke. they actually get cancer from sun exposure top kek. you would think the master race would be a Little less pathetic

What's funnier is watching a darkie get sunburned because he doesn't tan any further than that. Gets all red and shit.

>making things up because wh*te people literally burn like cookies in an oven

>American
>white

I had a car at 16 mate. spent all those weeks grinding at the pizza shop to buy a C3 corvette. shit got me pussy weekly.

Unfortunately not everyone at that age, most people rather, are not nearly as responsible and most don't deserve to drive at age.

Rather than changing the age limit for driving I would make the tests harder and more realistic:
>mandatory stick shift in tests
>highway ramps
>overtaking
>handling car near its limit
>high speed and its risks
>basic maintainance

Also I would want the police to enforce more strictly:
>texting while driving
>"not seeing" someone you crash in increasea punishment
>worn out/wrong tires
>non functional brakes
Since that is way more dangerous than driving 120 mph on a straight highway.

Nope had an 80 Malibu with a bench seat and a new paint job, it got pussy stains. Nice attempt to diminish our legitimacy as men and weaken our arguments though.

at least in Germany you are allowed to drive a car with 16

Considering there's 16 year olds making more than their dad's selling shit online, it makes sense to me to let them drive.

>Why do Americans let children operate vehicles?
This is an inadvertent consequence of a system that evolved upwards from the "old days" when both society and young people were much more responsible. Some states, even california, have tried to make the driving license process harder in order to reduce incompentent drivers having licenses. But the changes in california were struck down due to racial anti-discrimination lawsuits. Apparently, people care more about not discriminating against minorities than in raising the minimum bar to having a driver license.

Census data from 2016 show Latinos were about 39 percent of the state’s population, ahead of the next largest group, whites, at nearly 38 percent. That situation has a part to play in the inability to raise standards for driving exams. If an examiner gets too many discrimination complaints, his job is in jeopardy. So the examiners just let people zip through the license exam if they look like they are the type to file an anti-discrimination complaint. People get what they want by anti-discrimination laws. It can't always be a merit argument since Latinos were a much larger and outsized share, about 47 percent, of the California State University system, according to CSU figures for 2016.

Jokes on you I'm still a KHV now

>unlike Europe where state religions are a thing
Wait, what?

I agree. It is 17 here in the UK and in hindsight that is too young. Loads of people I grew up with were either totally oblivious behind the wheel, or did some really stupid things. Myself included. I just got lucky.

>IN GOD WE TRUST
>ONE NATION UNDER GOD

That's the US, mainland Europa has no state religion

>design country around driving
>now it's considered an impediment or even discrimination not to let absolutely everyone drive

M U R R I K A

Wrong, you can get a learner license at age 17 but you'll need a sober, licensed driver at least 30 years old with you in the car at all timeswhich makes it completely impractical. Most teens turning 17 prefer to simply ride their mopeds for another year.

As someone whos drivin every day since i was 15 and has gotten my shitbox to over 220k miles in the last 5 years accident free, i completely agree -unironically

By "making the driving license process harder" do they mean more expensive? I don't see how it would be discriminatory otherwise.

Wrong.
Sad that your brain function is so low you can't even form an argument, and have to go straight to baseless accusations.

I don't know eurotrash. How'd the rifles go for all your colonies? How about your American colony? Say have you made sure to pay you TV tax, and turn in your butter knives?

Yes Timmy, let it all out. The more you admit who you are the better you'll feel.

>Europoors
>not mongolian

It was probably requiring more classes and harder exams. Both of which would make it more expensive since classes aren't free, and we all know fail rates would skyrocket.

>mainland Europa has no state religion
What is the Vatican ?

What the fuck is the state religion of Greenland?

>discriminatory
>do they mean more expensive?
No, by harder they meant the worst possible score to pass the written would be made higher. And the worst possible score to pass the practical exam would be higher.

There's also a cost barrier for entry so not every 16 year old is going to be driving the instant they come of age. I've had my driver's license since 16, but I didn't buy a car until I was 20...

Blue is for christian religions, Green for islamic ones, and yellow for buddhist ones. Greenland is part of the kingdom of Denmark, and share its state religion, protestantism .

nigga you can start begleitetes Fahren with 16

t. 17-18 year-old city-dwelling European whose family doesn't even own a car that's angry that Americans three years younger than him are already driving and have three more year's driving experience.

More like he's assmad about being in an irrelevant shit hole. He probably saw another article about America and got pissed knowing his country will never be relevant world wide, 365 days a year.

Basically. (OP) is
O B S S E S E D
B
S
S
E
S
E
D

Americans love to die in their cars for some reason, so they adjusted their driving test difficulty to placebo levels

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Road fatalities by 100000 motor vehicles:
US: 12.9
Germany: 6.8 despite no speed limit on 50% of the Autobahn
Finland: 4.4

came here to post this

tfw driving alone 2 days after turning 16
good ol 'berta

I can feel the pants-shitting anger emanating from this post.

It's the next best thing to dying in the middle of an orgasm.

>implying the most well-funded militaries in the world not being able to get a foothold amongst a bunch of sandniggers in mud huts for 30+ years somehow shows the effectiveness of drones

it's not a question of setting the age higher, but rather making the test harder. Raising the driving age to 18 will just shift the majority of accident to inexperienced 18 years old instead of inexperienced 16 year olds.

More like amusement.

because there is no mass transportation. I know people unemployed in destitution for many years because their car died and they had no credit or means to procure another. They are forced to walk to nearby fast food places and live with a bunch of other people.

USA is all car driven, so if you want your spawn to start going to college or getting a job they have to drive

This isn't Europe or Asia or anywhere else in the world with reasonable infrastructure; this is the US. No trains or anything like that. Most cities (incl mine) barely have buses

I met a guy once who said there weren't any jobs near by he could get because he couldn't get a car, but that he could take the bus to the city, but then there weren't any city jobs he could get without taking a GED, but that costs $50, so now he's screwed.

I asked him how hard it could possibly be to scrape together $50 and he said every time he gets a little money he just spends it on drugs anyway. I dared him to go take the GED with a free $50 from me. He declined.

Apply yourself. Don't just complain about other people not building infrastructure for you that could never feasibly exist in the first place.

yes the poor people just need to apply themselves that will do it

That's not what I said. I said plastering busses and trains all over the place isn't going to suddenly make people not poor anymore. My city happens to have a pretty good bus network that in my opinion is worth operating at a bit of a loss because of the public utility it provides.

Sure doesn't stop niggers for asking me for bus fare when they're standing outside of the liquor store instead of anywhere near a bus stop.

drones/tanks don't enforce curfews and non-assembly policies. that requires boots on the ground

Who the fuck keeps bumping this crap?

>drove without insurance as a teen
>never got pulled over
>never even had a minor fender bender
how's it like being shit drivers

>stfu eurocuck, this is the land of libery and shiet, suck your government's dick commie.
Driving is a right of passage you communist faggot

kek. tfw you learned how to drive a farm tractor when you were 7 and when you were 13, stole your dads pro-street camaro and drove a 900 horsepower car from vancouver B.C. to Calgary to see a girl you met on myspace.