/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #857 - Bump Party edition. Happy Birthday Bump!

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania - Special Stages, Bonuses, and Time Attack
youtube.com/watch?v=Qoc-As7hWc4

Sonic Mania OST - Stardust Speedway Zone Act 1
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5iLGWqg4M

Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4V1p1dM3snQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7bXReuxC1ak
youtube.com/watch?v=LD26WGhm2UE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBKIhm1Gs4
pastebin.com/MNQfEUS4
youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdZaR2YGk
youtube.com/watch?v=L4bJcrP35-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reminder that metal is Best Boy

Reminder that you'd be sad as fuck if you got to be friends with Sonic and he had to leave forever.

Why were the Sonic X comics like this?

how detailed should i make this? should i make the little tufts of hair at the tips of her ears?

While I don't think the background was drawn alongside the image, this is still a really nice Bump.

I wouldn't be as much of a shit Chris was, tbf

Posting ahead of time, because I need to run before this airs in the X stream.

Spoilers, obviously.

Post cute Shadow and Cream pictures

Any new art from this guy?
Yeah, but at least I wouldn't hold him hostage when all of his friends have left. Also, nice render. Was it made by Rafa?

In that case, I would be quite distressed, to say the least. As in shitting rage for the rest of my life.

Going by the design sheet, yes.

Anyone know what ever happened to Sonic Overture? It's legitimately one of my favorite Sonic games.

Yes

Just issues 15 and 16.

>Any new art from this guy?
He hasn't posted since the beginning of the year, sadly.

I'd be pretty upset, but I don't think I'd be doom the entire population of two worlds by throwing a tantrum upset.

by speedofsoundsketches

Nope, sorry to disappoint.

Hell yeah I would, but I wouldn't act like Chris if I was his age.

why has nobody made a mashup of water palace and this
youtube.com/watch?v=4V1p1dM3snQ

Not really.

but why

The second pair to the right looks fucking weird as hell.

Make it as detailed as a normal Sonic-style model. Maybe make her ears look like actual deer ears instead of generic triangles.

No worries, still happy with what I got.

I don't think that would work well.

Why do you lie, user?

At least for a while, Chris was living the dream, stinkin' rich, good parents, and being friends with a cool hero from another dimension.

Nah, try keep it as much as you can to how it's drawn.

There ya go senpai.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bXReuxC1ak

Huh tightly. Maybe faint.

I'm not though, I'm at the point where if someone has to leave it's just 'ok, seeya', and that's that.

I wish it was, the idea sounds wonderful.

if anyone's going to miss the sonic x stream today and wants to catch up, this should summarize it nicely: youtube.com/watch?v=LD26WGhm2UE

What I don't get is how is he lonely? He got his grandpa, butler, and maid to take care of him and friends to hangout with.

>finished Sonic Advance 2 four times
>can't bring myself to get the last set of Emeralds as Sonic to see the true boss and unlock Amy
Fuck.
This will never stop being cute!

A spoiled brat always finds something to want, and if he can't have it he whines.

That is a fucking huge rat

Why didn't Chris just run into the portal?

I hate chris so fucking much.

FUCK YOU CHRIS

OK This is going to seen random to ask but has anyone here seen Wonder Woman 2017?

I want to know what some of your guys opinion on the movie.

I will say, pretty much all the humans in X outside of Chris are actually pretty fucking great.

Yeah it's not, I did say that in the original post but maybe I didn't make it very clear (I don't wanna seem like I'm taking credit for something I didn't make! It comes as an asset with CSP, I just wanted to make the doodle less plain.)
But thanks anyway, glad you guys like it. I'm honoured it was made the OP image.

I thought a lot of the interactions were forced comedy bits, but overall I'd say it's a solid movie.

Why is Chris so retarded?

It was pretty okay. Weak 3rd act and villain aside, it was enjoyable

Because he loves Sonic.

No user he was a lonely kid who lived in a bad ass mansion and had constant interaction with his best friends but that doesn't count and he's still lonely and Sonic was his real only friend and something something

I don't even remember the villain.
Wait wasn't is that ugly guy?

*pomph*

It was the British guy.

That fucker who draws sketchy comics here
Tried to use smooth lines
Fuck it's hard.

Oh fuck that's right, that was super weak.

I loved it

>Is there anywhere you want to go Sonic?
How about his own fucking world you little shit

I like Sonic Unleashed.

>sonic with realistic sweat
please no

It was a solid movie overall, dragged a bit at times and the ending was overly cheesy.

Sage a rude.

I liked it too, user.

When Amy will disappear as Mighty, Ray and Nack?

Cute!

Helen should've been the main human protagonist, honestly.
Oh my...
So do I.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBKIhm1Gs4

I believe some birthday festivities are going on this weekend, so I'll just leave this here for everyone. I guess you could call it a belated Christmas in July present.

"Mistletoe" - pastebin.com/MNQfEUS4

It's been far too long since I've written for you guys and I apologize if it shows.[/spoilers] Much thanks to my editor, shadowanon, for his help with cleanup.
I will say that this one has been the most fun to write so far. It's been crossposted you-know-where for more "interesting" feedback.
Also, to the artist of this pic, would it be alirght for me to use it as the cover pic for the story on other sites? I'd be happy to credit you as well.

Yes, makes want them to appear as supportive roles in the new comics. I need more of them.

>Christmas in July

Unleashed has top tier music, and one of the most ominous pieces in any Sonic game.
youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdZaR2YGk

Reading intensely. This may have come at a really good moment.

Thanks!

People actually like Amy.

Thank you, write user. Thank you so much.

I'm so fucking gay it's not even funny.

>implying nack isn't /sthg/'s favorite character
youtube.com/watch?v=L4bJcrP35-k

Last episode for today. Season 2 finale of Sonic X is here! Enjoy SonAmyfags!

>Bump's gift
This is not what I was expecting from this but that was fun.

>I thought a lot of the interactions were forced.

Can you elaborate on that?

Yeah the 3rd act was pretty shit though I liked the villain, it was just handled poorly.

Glad to hear. :)

>the ending was overly cheesy.

Do you mean that part where she jumped off the roof?

DID SOMEBODY CALL MY NAME?

i-it's not gay if it's a robot, right?

Particularly with the secretary, it just felt like she only existed to be a joke. She had no purpose otherwise and the main dude was blank slate as all fuck.

I like sassy Shadow. I like when he shows more emotions than brooding.

What are they saying?

IT'S TIME

To duel?

For?

HAMMER TIME!

Well in the comics she was actually W.W's sidekick, her name is Etta Candy and her whole thing was that she loved candy and could kick some serious ass.

For some reason the the nu52 they made her skinny and she had an eating problem.

When I say that she loved like in the pre52 I thought she was have some type of importance like she ends up helping diana or something but nope she was there for no reason other to someone can point out and say "hey I remember her!"

Here's what she looks like BTW.

TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D....

The ending of Episode 52 in X

>When I saw that she looked like how she did in the pre nu52 comics

Sorry fucked that part up.

YOU CAN'T SEE ME, MY TIME IS NOW

Why is Honey the best?

Ah thanks for the intel, usually I read the comics but I never got to W.W. I suppose she gets a pass but the main guys still didn't have any character imho.