/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Hi-NRG cosplay edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-296924-16/operation-health-diagnosis-optimizing-operators
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9LZGcwPbUmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for console players are elite

>get my ass of yokai once i realize it's 1v1 after landing a stun because i literally wasn't paying attention
>casually get out of my spot where hibana is obviously gonna go investigate
>realize i forgot to reload my smg
>switch to supernova and very casually kill her from another side

lazy boy is fun and comfy

Kill yourself

t. Smoke

>my ass of yokai

off of*

Yacht is shit

Remove night maps

>waahhh i can't spawn peek the attackers it's not fair

Its easier to do that on night maps because you don't have sunglare

aren't they fixing the lighting again for better optimization?

How to fix spawnkilling:
-Defenders who run outside map are instantly killed (police snipers), their bullets cannot pass the barrier to outside.

How to fix shittery:
-Acquire proficiency

then too bad for you that won't happen because youre a PCuck

They are fixing the lighting issues, but that's because they've finally agreed to listen to players that were complaining about it. The reason they kept it in for so long was that the blinding light was intended to prevent spawnpeeking.
>Initially, we wanted to use realistic values to have contrasted and realistic lighting, which works in the same way as a camera would in real life. Additionally, the bloom was intended to limit the effectiveness of Defenders peeking outside.
>We are excited to tell you that we have completely reworked how exposure is handled on all maps, and reduced the exposure values. Bloom issues are now a thing of the past.

For optimization purposes, they are changing from dynamic to static skyboxes.

I didn't say anything about spawnpeeking, kid

headshots

>How to fix spawnkilling:

How about don't get spawn killed? If you know there's a chance someone will be waiting for you about to shoot a bullet with your name on it, then tread carefully instead of rushing outside of spawn like a moron. Spawn keeped has affected me a maximum of 3 times before I noticed a pattern and learned to play against it.

it was implied, baby

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

You assumed wrong, guy

Its going to be even easier to spawnpeek now in both conditions
PTS is cancerous

dont lie to me, infant

This makes perfect sense.

post cute frosts please

I posted a pic of Krapkan for a reason. Put two and two together, buddy

You mean waiting for other people to get spawnkilled and waiting 30 seconds or so for the guy to reposition. Its impossible to see some spawnpeeks on Yacht on drone and even then the odds are stacked.

>PCuck

Just stop. It sounds extremely cringey.

New defender idea. He puts up bright armored floodlights that can make kapkan traps from 3 rooms away invisible

You can fix it by not being a retard and have some basic awareness. If you get peeked, it's 99% of the time on you.

Also, it's not spawn killing if you've moved out of spawn, pleb.

>Decrease movement speed of 3 speed operators
>Any defender who goes outside the building, even if so much an inch of their toes is out of a door frame leading outside, is immediately spotted. At 2 seconds the announcer for the attackers warns a defender is outside
I just increased the lifespan of Siege by twofold

>the defenders are handcuffed a pole in the starting room and also ballgagged
you're welcome

>defenders are deleted from the game, attackers auto win at the start of each round
game fixed

I've been gone all day, but to from last thread

Yeah, it's pretty much hit or miss but usually I can just abuse the silly range of the shield. If you melee first you'll almost always win, but you have to be fast.

No, you just suggested shit to change the mechanics you're bad at countering.

I shit on 3 speed runouts all the time though. It's tiresome

>defenders begin the round hogtied with their cheeks spread and liberally greased

That's not what he said at all.

Also you're retarded, day makes spawn peeking harder.

THAT FUCKING FAGGOT NEVER LINKED ME GOOD PRO LEAGUE MATCHES THAT DID OR DID NOT HAVE ECHO OR WERE GOOD FOR LEARNING

FUCK YOU FAGGOT

Hate playing during weekends. These two were so good they couldn't beat eachother.

>first MVP with Echo not even two days after getting him
oh gosh

>Draw

What the fuck, there's a draw feature? I didn't know this and I've got over 400 hours in game.

>stdh

How the fuck does defending Wall Street make R6 patriots? The point of R6 is they're from nations all over the world.

How did they even get to the trailer stage before canceling that trash?

top kek

There is no strategy in risking your life in the literal first few seconds of the game. For a game that upholds itself as a """"""tactical""""""" shooter, there is no thinking involved in going outside the building as soon as the round starts to approach attackers as a defender. You are literally just hoping the enemy is worse than you at shooting in an open area. It's not about spawn peeking being unfair, it's about it being a strategy that punishes people for not knowing specific information about where people usually spawn peek. It's a binary strategy, you either get rekt by it you don't get rekt by it and that's retarded.

Because it's MURICA and everything has to revolve around MURICAN.

yes it did shut up

Yes because the 2008 financial crisis and the subsequent implosion of the derivatives market affected the United States and the US only and certainly didn't plunge many other countries into a recession

Is there any possible way to fix peeker's advantage except for changing lag compensation?

user just look up pro league matches, a lot of them have echo picked on several rounds

Wouldn't arresting Wall Street make them patriots then?

Your logic is backwards.

R6 isn't a law enforcement agency

It'll always be in online games, no matter what you do
In Siege it's particularly worse because of how fast people move in such close quarters. The tiny hitboxes don't help either, see Ash, Jaeger, Bandit, Hibana

I don't care about Echo, I just want to be linked specifically good matches. I don't know who these players or teams or whatever are.

Shooting them. Whatever. By logic they would be patriotic by going after Wall Street.

>x has left the game
>y has entered the game
>q has left the game
>f has entered the game
For fifteen fucking minutes

I don't remember that being the reason the game is called patriots

I don't even remember Patriots, what exactly was the reason if he is wrong?

Do some people literally play with their sound off? How the fuck do you not hear a Mira mirror being ejected?

Maybe they're not familiar with which sounds correspond to which things? How new were they?

Could be many things, protagonist having to do hard decisions to continue his duty, how the terrorist see themselves, public opinion on the game events, some conspiracy by part of some politics. shit got canned so we may never properly know, unless there's some old ass interview where they explain why in that case fuck me i guess

Dunno, didn't look. They sure had trouble responding to most sounds though.

>shield
>get headshotted by person in front
Does he just move his shield out of the way after a certain number of bullets or something?

>itching for a new shooter
>never played Rainbow Six
>$20 on cdkeys
>uplay

I know the steam version has to go through uplay, but does it make it harder to get parties together?

I'm also extremely impatient when it comes to shooters, what's the learning curve like? This seems to be pretty tactical, which is not what I'm used to.

So basically you're saying you don't remember the trailer and therefore conclusions can't be drawn from it.

people are posting a picture of a blond girl. Is this the new polish op or is it a fake.

Everything's a lie

Just saying that any we can't fully know shit from a canceled project, if the trailer explains why it's called patriots i sure as hell don'r remember, if the ysay in any trailer ins spcefic could you post it then? kinda curious if i missed much stuff about that game

>I'm also extremely impatient when it comes to shooters
You probably shouldn't buy Siege. The learning curve is harsh, and good play basically requires patience (droning on attack, defense in general).

But hey, maybe i'm wrong and you'll play 3 speeds every round and have the time of your life, I dunno man.

>Just saying that any we can't fully
Rich Evans, is that you? Shouldn't you be working in a toll booth?

>sure as hell don'r remember, if the ysay in any trailer ins spcefic
Jesus fuck.

Why defend patiently when you can Bandit?

why are cav players all terrible?

Because real men play

in my honest defense it's 3 am here

Part of the problem might be that I haven't really played anything that required an incredible amount of patience.

Admittedly, when there is room for patience in a shooter, I am typically a rambo.

>entire enemy team has 250 ping

The terrorist group called themselves as "Patriots," and it wouldn't be unusual for a fictional work to refer to the antagonists in its title. I'm sure there could have been other meanings to the title as well, if the game had been finished.
Rainbow does counter-terrorism, not shooting mundane criminals. Even if mass popular opinion were against a person, in this case Wall Street bankers, Rainbow would defend them from being taken hostage or assassinated.

That's when you go ham, peek like you've never peeked before, don't check corners fly past them as if you're never going to stop

scans when

Try actually watching the trailer adhd retard, or go back to playing Jager

go on

Reduce speed. Peek advantage is a non issue in Insurgency because it's actually a tactical game and you can't barrel fast around corners making dropshots.

>log-in for the first time in months
>no more delicious low BPM Velvet Shell theme
youtube.com/watch?v=9LZGcwPbUmk

The flickering glowsticks were the best

what makes you think the police snipers wont get spawn peeked themself?
git gud faggot

This makes hallways harder to peek as attackers... interesting.

You probably won't like it since there are moments of downtime between the action. Also the fact you have one life and don't spawn until the round is over.

you can keep on waiting because what the weeb retards fail to mention is how the vast majority of matches where echo was picked the defenders lost and the ones won he had no notable plays

>playing ranked
>entire team is doing terrible
>last round teammate kills me
>"I was dared"
FUCK THIS GAME I DIDNT EVEN GET TO GO OUT WITH A BANG TAKING AS MANY FUCKS AS I POSSIBLY CAN

fucking hell the least they could do is release a teaser for the new ops

I hope the HK map is in the Kowloon Walled City.

>wanting favela 2.0 but even more clusterfucked

>male hong kong operator is straight up Duncan Wu

i can get behind this
but yeah anything kowloon is welcome
tho i'd worry about

how do i get better at aiming
ive always been bad at shooters even though i try to practice, im silver one right now

Why does rook carry so much plates? is he autistic or something?

There are no new ops, ubi's lying to us as always

I've heard streamer say to practice in hard Terrorist hunt
Try to zoom along with ash or something and complete as fast and clean as possible

Patriots were the terrorists.