Tools

If you don't use airtools you're not doing it right

Obligatory poorfag tool suite

>makes air tools irrelevant in your path
2016+2 airlets when will they ever learn

But then I wouldn't impress friends and neighbors busting out my torch and 4' cheater bar like it's time to get down to business and show them how it works.

Nice tools make a job easier, not a person a better mechanic bud.

18 volt master race checking in. Air is for queefing.

>2012+6
>not using a combination of tools
work smart not hard

I use air and electric.
Peep the new tool, the collection grows

>no electric ratchet
Sorry bud, trash

Currently rocking
-Stanley 189 pc set ($98 CAD)
-Mastercrap 72 pc airtool set ($120 CAD)
-Mastercrap 10 gallon 1.5hp compressor ($220 CAD)
-Other random tools

Feels good to be cheap

How's the battery life when you're really continuously giving things hell?

I get the convenience aspect for when you need to do a little this or that, but sawzall and circ saw are two where if it's time to get down to business I want to blow a breaker if I have to.

I haven't even used it yet, literally just bought it.
The 9.0 batteries are fucking beast though so I'm sure it's gonna be a powerful mother fucker

>6 posts before you got here

Thread's over. Go home fellas.

Say it to my face nigga! I don't need no 18 volt ratchet.

And the first thing you did was put a ratty old blade in it and take a picture. I like your kind.

Only air tool I need is my spray gun

Literally useless

It was the only blade I had at the time and I used it to make a test cut on a pipe

Useless how?
It's the most highly rated cordless sawzall on the market

I have the setup from that pic: AutoZone Oem tools brand technician starter set with kart, harbor freight central pneumatic 21 gallon air compressor and 50 foot line, Amazon crescent brand socket set, harbor freight Pittsburgh stubby wrenches, flare nut wrenches, ratcheting wrenches, interference wrenches, and flex head ratcheting wrenches. Harbor freight sawzall, 4x 6ton jack stands, tranny jack, and 3 ton Daytona jack, AutoZone innova digital timing light with dial back and tachometer, remote starter.

Got every single item on sale or with a coupon some even free shipping and tax free. Have literally everything I'll ever need to work on my specific carbureted no computers project car and got it all on the cheap

>Daytona jack
He knows what's good

Lol I've talked to you a dozen times by now my man, it's always the same guy me I just post user

Yeah I knew it was you from the OEM set lol

powertools of any kind are the automatic transmission of tools

im doing it the good old fashioned way, i dont even use ratchet wrenches thats easy mode shit

What can I say I'm extremely satisfied with it. Where u in the thread where I mentioned how they shipped me a thousand dollars of free shit?

Yeah I saw that kek did you get away with that or what?
Hella big come up if you did

Yupp haven't heard from them

Fucking lmao good shit

The difference between the largest and smallest compressors are 30 something psi and a few hp. I have something comparable to the little compressor but I'm curious if I could use the tool set or sandblast and paint a car with it, or would I need the larger one?

can you guys recommend me a system for spraying? is a fuji hvlp system the best bang for the buck?

i'd be using this fairly regularly, mostly for furniture, so i don't mind spending a little more for something that won't be a piece of shit.

Should i buy an elec impact wrench or hold off till i have a garage for air cools?

Why would you need a garage for air tools? Get a 10 gallon air compressor.

Air tools are one of the most useful tools I have ever own. Especially if you're living in non 1st world places like me.

>XLT01Z
>XLT02Z
You're so fucking dumb. Keep mentioning this this stupid tool, see what happens.

I keep jumping back and forth between 120 and 230v countries, so I went lithium on most tools because it's cheap enough to transform the battery charger instead of an air compressor or buying 2. The XWT08 impact has already snapped the heads off of a few victims.

Of all the tools that went electric, I do miss the air die grinder. You have to choose between a cumbersome 2-handed tool or dremel-tier crap that torque stalls every 3 seconds.

Millwnaky, Fap-off for poorfags. You may as well by harbour shite.

The little guy that could.

96lbft doesnt sound like a lot, but short of lugs, it will rip off most things

Air is generally stronger and more versatile, but it is way less convenient. I'd rather pop on a battery and go to town, than fire up the Compressor and oil my 300lbft impact unless I'm ripping off rusty shit.

Air for things that need to go fast
Electric for stuff that needs torque

Not the biggest reason to invest in air tools and a strong enough compressir for me. I have an ok piston compressor that allows me to use my belt grinder, orbit sander, dremel, grit blaster and more, but battery-powered is generally more suited and fitting to my work

That thing looks beefy

Woops wrong one. This one is the shit.

Electric impact all day for diy stuff. 20gal is the minimum I'd even consider for continuous impact use. I have a 6gal with 6 gal reserve for an impact for crazy shit like axle bolts that is about it.

I use my 3/8s impact like 90% of the time

NOT. A. RATCHET.

NOT A RATCHET.

NOT A RATCHET.

Holy sperg out

Will this be good enough for working on rusty car?

I just proved my point and btfo the makita fag, that's all that matters 2bh

Idiot here, are impact wrenches only for getting shit off? Are there torque limiting add-ons for putting shit back on?

I've heard it's much less torque when tightening shit up.

>$500
>even the Hazard Freight poorfag version is $300
Motherfucker do I look like I'm made of money?

Prices are just horrible especially in yurop.

Being europoor, got makita bare with no battery/charger then ordered non oem battery from china and I'm charging it with RC charger that I have from before.

It was still $200+ fuck me and my poor slav ass.

That Mastercrap impact gun is total junk, don't ever get it

Ghetto rigged a line up my ceiling to an air hose reel. Wish I could afford a bigger compressor

If the socket is on an electric motor why does it need to ratchet? You just hold it in one place anyway.

the sound of most compressors is a little annoying
that and other things like the water and oil build up around the fittings and in the air stream

Because 40ft lb isn't enough to break free most fasteners on a car, you need to be able to manually crack a bolt free, then use the electric portion to zip it off quickly.
Read

Then you are clearly using the wrong tool for the job. You don't see wiffle ball bats used in the MLB only to have the players bitch and moan about the bat not holding up to a 90+mph pitch.

Just like one of those reviews you posted said, "I would avoid this tool unless low low torque will do the job for you". Don't expect a low torque tool to do any high torque jobs. depending on what you are doing low torque is fine. [spoiler]There are more uses for tools like that than automotive work or heavy industry.[/spoiler]

If I was at home doing any kind of wood working jobs that needed a lot of bolts (such as assembling those wooden play sets with slides and swings) I could see that low torque tool being useful. High torque electrics tend to over tighten quickly and I'm in the philosophy that you get everything bolted in place then go back and give it all a second tug to tighten it all up.

To relate it all to the top OP has made. Air > battery. Variable power output means you can do low torque or high with one tool. And 10 years later the tool still works, battery packs aren't dead and after a few years when a new line of tools comes out you aren't having to re-buy everything because they removed or added 2mm between contacts.

All that said I don't expect a tripfag who lives to shit post to understand that.
>inb4 I don't shit post
That is all counts as. It was said only to start arguments and get attention.

Why would they sell an angled impact that doesn't even have enough torque to remove a caliper bolt?
You can't even do a brake job with it, and those are low torque bolts.
It's useless for anything but m6 fasteners or smaller.

You have 0 reading compression.

>it's not the right tool for the job
It has one very obscure and useless job that it can do, and nothing else.
It could be more useful if it could lock and allow you to crack bolts free, but it can't.
That's why it's useless and I don't recommend anyone buys it.
It's very dumb of makita to sell this useless tool and not sell an electric ratchet like snapon or milwaukee when those are some of the most useful and best selling power tools in existence currently.

Now you can't quote people correctly. Different strokes m8. You don't see a use for it and don't want to recommend it. Great enjoy your life. Don't shit on a whole line of tools over it. Alternatively simply say "great set but lacks a potentially useful tool that competitors offer". And leave it at that.

Also I find it strange that the milwaukee 12 volt electric ratchet has 20 more ft lb or torque than the 18v makita angled impact while being have the size and only 12 volts.
Really shows how lazy they are and how much they just don't care when their tools are 3 times as heavy and bulky and half the power of the competition, while lacking features like the ability to crack bolts free when the already underpowered and weak force of the motor isn't enough to do so.

Read Makita is just really really weak and useless and lacking in features compared to the competition, there's literally not a single reason to choose them over said competition.
Give me a single reason why you would use this makita angled impact over a smaller lighter and more powerful (and cheaper) alternative.

is this all you do in your free time?

Nice job moving that goalpost

apparently.

That's not an argument.
I just woke up and I'm replying to anons I was talking to yesterday.
If you have anything to add to the argument that could possibly support your case go ahead and do so.

Moving the goalpost how?
Explain.
This has entirely been a conversation about their failure of a tool, the angled impact driver, and the fact they do not make an electric ratchet which is an absolutely vital tool when it comes to efficient maintenance and work.

SOMEONE IS /WRONG/ ON THE INTERNET

Spotted the makitafag
Nice argument btw

Ok I actually tested my coworker’s Makita 1/2” cordless impact against my Milwaukee one.
>put the heads of two identical bolts on either end of a bench vise
>tighten a nut onto the ends of each
>see who can strip the threads out first
His did it a fraction of a second quicker than mine. It’s still a Makita, but they’re not useless tools by any measure.

If you could tell posters apart you'd realize who you are and are not replying too. I have no horse in this race. My shop is routed for air. I use air at home.

Like many have already said, sure its low power and as far as you are able to see useless tool. A few have given you real use case scenarios for the tool in question. You blatantly ignore them. Not every job needs high power, and in some cases high power will fuck you over (lube tech using a 300ft/lb impact on a drain plug).

As for the differences between the 18 and 12v models, as well as competition. it could be lazy or it could be genuinely heaver because its stronger and better built. Also voltage isn't the only factor in power.

You are too worked up and concerned with "the argument" and are only arguing for arguments sake. Your desire to "be right" makes you come off like a cunt as does the use of a trip for no reason. You are an attention whore.

>see who can strip the threads out first
Kek

>if you could tell who is who
How about stop posting as user if you want to be identified.

High power can fuck you up sure, but it's not even able to do a brake job, what exactly are you going to use it for if you can't even do a brake job with it, one of the most commonly done jobs on a car, that is by no means a high torque application, and it still fails to do the job.
It's a half assed useless tool, they just got the right angle impact driver and put a 3/8 head on it, now they can sell it to idiots who think it will work on a car (it won't in most cases)

It's not stronger, it's weaker. You're 100% wrong here.

The argument is all there is, facts and data and better and worse, anything else is your dissonance.

You are an attention whore.

And you don't have an argument.

>And you don't have an argument.

>The tool-assissted virgin
>The raw power Chad

Still not an argument, try again

>Still not an argument, try again

Once more?

Once again your comprehension is shit.
>what exactly are you going to use it for if you can't even do a brake job with it
As one person pointed out, there are more uses for these power tools than auto repair. Not like you read that part because you clearly don't have any comprehension. Unrelated but personally I use manual ratchets and a torque wrench for brake jobs.
>It's not stronger, it's weaker. You're 100% wrong here.
Are you talking about that one single tool or makita as a company as a whole? As for that one single tool the competition can't break things free either. They just include a lock. The lack of a lock is the only thing you have to argue. Its only slightly more convenient than having to reach for a breaker bar all the time.
>anything else is your dissonance
posts like this are no argument. There is no dissonance here. No one calls it a ratchet. The tool isn't a ratchet and isn't meant to be used like one. You are a child like Jeremy Clarkson grabbing a spanner calling it a hammer.

>I use manual ratchets
Lmfao I bet you do, makita doesn't make the tool you need, and the one they do make literally doesn't have enough power to do the job
Sperg more KEK

Hard to use electric makita when you use DeWalt pneumatics. Also have fun over torquing your brakes. Nothing ever goes wrong from doing that.

Power tool is good for starting the bolt/nut.

I prefer using a torque wrench with a torquing diagram.

Many mechanics don't, and dead reckon... but I'm not a mechanic.

How are ryobi or hitachi impacts? Home depot currently has a good deal on both. I just need something to quickly take off lugs for tire rotations and nail plugging. 3k civic, lugs take less than 100 ft.lbs if it matters.

Hard to use pneumatic when you don't have air KEK
see the nice thing about the ratchet that the makita can't do, is I can hand torque the fastener and not just crank it down with the motor, because it is a ratchet after all.

Don't ask anyone here.

Use some due diligence and research this yourself with some decent youtube channels, threads on the subject and reviews.

From what I've gathered, most tool brands are "fine" for us guys just fixing our cars. If you want better stuff, most companies are pretty equal with minor differences.

Just do your research m8. Stick to a brand for battery swapping and you're golden.

go back and read . How much torque does that have in the motor? Using your own logic if it can't break the bolt free its under powered. If you have to lock the tool then its powered by you no the motor. I have plenty of air. Thats what happens you have a shop. You always have air.

The makita impact only has 40ft lb, the milwaukee m12 electric ratchet has 60, but you can use it manually if you don't want to crank a fastener down that tight, just use the motor to send it in, then before it bottoms out you let off and hand tighten it.
It's truly god tier and one you try it you'll never go back to anything else.
I'm sure you know this since you use an air ratchet, sometime it just doesn't have the power and you need to manually break the nut free then zip it off in one quick motion.
With the makita you have a tool that's 3 times the size and weight with less power and no ability to manually break bolts free or manually tighten bolts by hand to avoid over torquing.