Im moving to NY next year

im moving to NY next year
how is having a car there?

It's a pain to park, insurance is expensive, tolls are expensive, bumper damage is normal, and it will probably get stolen.

It's a great time all around.

You mean like in the city? citydriving can be fun when traffic isn't utter hell, but I certainly would not want to own a car there or deal with parking.

It's bad enough knowing carless people there and being "that guy with the car." It's like being "that guy with the truck" in a normal car-owning neighborhood.

Same emission standards as CA. Its a huge bitch

Can someone ID these wheels?

new york is a big state.

what a stupid question.

NY adopted CARB and all that since I left? If so top lol now I'm definitely not going back.

enjoy getting keyed

>Im moving to NY
>doesnt say exactly where

faggot.

>NY adopted CARB and all that since I left?

Nope.

They look like Desmond RegaMaster Marquis Promada's

"The city", "upstate" (Westchester county), or actually upstate?

NYC is a hellhole for cars. Well it's a fucking hellhole in general.

If you're talking about anywhere else in NY State you're going to be dealing with snow and you should anything you daily drive through winter will rust. If you want to own a nice car plan on getting a daily or at least a winter beater and find housing that'll accommodate that. You should assume most apartment complexes will insist on you moving any cars that aren't in a garage for snow plowing.

OP here
when i say NY its clearely the big city you fucking fags

i think you are the faggot sir.

If you meant NYC, you shouldve made it clear dumbfuck. And why would you get a car while living in the city anyway are you really that stupid. even people who can afford it comfortably hate having a car in the city, what makes you special

>citydriving can be fun
what?

>clearely
NYC sucks shit and I don't know why anyone would move there voluntarily.

Pretend hobos and crackheads are cones and you're autocrossing.

only retards call NYC just NY
retards also think that NYC is JUST manhattan, which i know you think it is

>when i say NY its clearely the big city
You're unbelievably fucking stupid.

Gunning it around, cutting people off so they can get in, dodging around lanes, hitting the CBE or something else at just the right time of day where you can tear down it like an off-road rally course. That sort of thing.

It sucks in general, but in mild doses it does offer some things to enjoy. Kind of like I'd never want to commute up and down the island all the time, but it can be a good place to enjoy the company of other aggressive drivers.

A lot of people, even other new yorkers, avoid the entire area just because people don't drive like that in most areas of the country.

Literally kill yourself my dude, only out of state retards call NYC "NY". And if you live in the city el oh fucking el, enjoy terrible everything. Upstate is the only decent place in this state to live.

I guess that explains that general feeling of near-death I get every time I drive from JFK. Although that feeling really doesn't seem to go away until I leave the city.

Great place to learn to drive though. I live elsewhere these days, but I'm pretty much immune to having driving conditions ruffle my feathers now.

Hammering it down the southern state at night when it's an endless succession of blind curves and tiny lanes is a blast though. Wish I'd figured that out back when I still had the excuse to do it more often.

As a rural Wisconsinite sitting in an Oneonta hotel right now, can confirm. If it wasn't for general NYS fuckery, I could happily live here.

The city will make you wanna kill yourself which I am fine with because you are a Mazda driver.

Haha thanks user I'm only 40 minutes from you, I'm gonna find you and make you eat a bunch of burgers

>make you eat a bunch of burgers
go on...?

then ill fuck your lil boy pucci til it bleeds you lil faggot