Mine is a 1970 chevy c10 longbed

Post with years 1930-1989

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/truck-power-car-fun/x/17900312#/
portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/1979-chevy-k10-4x4-price/6412328484.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dentside Fords
1973-1979

Late 70s Ferd Trucks. The one that you goobers hate for some reason.

POWER RAM

Bullnose Fords 80 to 86

by far the easiest ones to find for cheap since they're so unpopular

Brick nose fords are worse.

A fucking leaf. But this style without that stupid shit.

In terms of current value and driving experience, probably 1987-2000 GM GMT400 trucks.

You get a nice utilitarian truck that's easy to fix with cheap parts and a huge aftermarket, has some good options like A/C, cruise, ABS, etc, easy to find V8s and relatively good reliability.

I think the old 73-87 square bodies and the GMT400s afterwards are going to shoot up in value in the future. Especially the short wheel base ones. Despite being high production vehicles, no one much bothers to restore them when it costs less to do an early C10 that's worth a whole lot more in the end.

a guy i worked with was the original owner of a 1991 black and chrome pic related and i could murder him for it

I've always thought the Lil Red Express was the coolest.

Series 3 Land Rover that’s why I bought one

Fuck I love these things

I need another one, 4x4 300 I6 longbed regcab. Pure sex but they're almost impossible to find.

The one I posted has a 429 and it's a barn queen

>tfw there will never be a single cab Power Ram ever again

Fuccccck, I hate modern day truck buyers so much. They're the reason why there is so much high demand for crew cab pickups.

Gen 1 Power Wagon

This thread is bout to get effay

>ABS

My dad had a 1989 with the ABS, it was only the rear brakes and even then only one channel.

Im not sure it ever did anything for me, it was the most basic early config of ABS avail.

I wouldn't really consider that to be ABS, at least, not in 2018 and it highly unlikely it will still be working.

Fellow power ram bro. I've noticed we are a rare breed. This is my baby, 1988 w100. Originally had a 318 in it but I blew it up so now it has a power torque 360 in it.

Just make your own

>They're the reason why there is so much high demand for crew cab pickups.

The days of single cab trucks are LONG gone because ANYONE spending 30K+ for a new truck now WILL want it to double as at least a secondary family hauler.

It makes infinitely more sense to have a crew cab than not to have one.

I replaced all the abs sensors and got it working in my 1995 Tahoe. Works quite well though obviously not as good as brand new trucks. For the market price of these trucks and cost of ownership, I have no complaints whatsoever.

And it's all the other little things like power doors, power windows, cruise control, etc that weren't widely common before this era that make for a nice driver. A good mix of simplicity and options.

It's mostly just finding one of these trucks unabused and not rusted that proves to be a challenge. I had to ship mine from Arizona.

Yeah at the cost of less bed space. I don’t have a family so I don’t want double cab.
Fortunately though I live in Australia so I can just by a single cab land cruiser

What are y'all's opinions on the old Jeep trucks?

I like the front grille design and bulged hood. Very mean looking.

I dig em. I like to think of them as more refined Square Bodies.
I had a K2500 big block Burb that I loved
>pic related

You're not alone brother, fuck extended cabs

That thing is sex. I watched Twister too many times and i'll always have a hard on for the 94-02 Rams

Looks pretty clean. Why did you part with that rig?

Very cool, but I hope you live in the Southwest or something, old FSJs seem to rust worst than most old trucks, which is really saying something

Thanks friend
It was for a Minnesota truck. I sold it because I really hated filling a 42 gallon tank in a truck that I only used for commuting 20 minutes to work.
It was a 9 seater too which was dope but I post here, so I don't have 8 friends.
The average mpg was about 6.5 with a tbi 454 and 4.10 gears, the highest I ever saw was 7.5 mpg.
Still wish I hadn't sold it.

It's a beautiful truck but I feel you. My old TBI 350 with 3:73 gears in a smaller 2 door Tahoe only gets 10-12 mpg and it hurts filling up the 30 gallon tank. The suburbans are thirsty trucks.

318 for now, 440 waiting in a 77d250 for it right now

Looks bad ass man. Still on the hunt to find another one in Arizona.

Nice man! My friend has one like that but it's a Chevy. It's fun to drive and whip around in the dirt. It's a 99 model and its got the 7.4 in it. Good shit.

Wow that blue really looks amazing on there. I don't think I've seen one in that color in person. How big are those tires? I was able to fit 35's on mine without modifications, but last summer I lifted it 4" so I could cram some 38's on there.

I actually had a guy offer me a 440 for free out of an old RV and I very nearly took it over the new 360, but the catch was that i had to haul the whole thing away if I wanted the motor. Couldn't find a spot to store a shitty old RV long enough to pull the motor so I just broke down and bought the 360. I also heard some of the 440's out of RV's needed an adapter to mount up to the 727 tranny and I absolutely did not want to fuck with all that.

Thanks! And good luck finding one. I had to go to the cousin lovin neck of the southern Illinois back woods to find mine. Thankfully Cletus figurd out da coomputer good nuff for craiglist.

Yeah, the tbi's are pretty garbage when it comes to efficiency and power. They're reliable and durable, but a vortec is really the way to go in these trucks, though I prefer the 88-94 interior better.

Man, that thing is purdy. I had a '91 D150, but it was really clapped out
>pic related

I really like old hardbodies...

>a wild illigal appears

+1 for dentsides. Couldn't find a good solid one near me so I built one. Pic related

I used to be heavily into the 80 - 96/97 fords but can't stop collecting dentsides stuff now. 1979 was the last year for a good half ton, they started cheaping out in 1980. Still want a nice obs powerstroke though.

Also forgot, 300 l6, t18 4 speed, np205, 3.50 with trac-loc front and rear, working on adding on board air just because it'd be handy as fuck, mounted the York compressor last weekend

I love 80s-96 fords. My 4.9l.

The weekend warrior getting a front clip swap. Lots of fun getting a buzz on and cruising in the woods All night with a couple buddies

Congrats on buying a slow, clunky, cumbersome, leaky piece of shit.

Remember not to park in-between pillars unless you want to go home with arms like silverback.

>Yeah at the cost of less bed space.
Maybe it's different in Australia, but here in the US you can get a crew cab and an 8-foot bed on the heavier-duty pickups.

Yeah, but how many people are doing that? Besides, you don't necessarily need an 8' bed for a 5th wheel.

It probably sounds awful, tho.

FJ45 all years, preferably long bed

its fresh paint so i hope it looks good
33.4 or something its a metric tire since all the standard tires were way too spendy.
and yeah you need a different 727 for the industrial version of the 440 that some motorhomes had(fairly rare), most had the rb which was the same BB bellhousing as all the cars.
but im going for a unicorn and had to track down the bellhousing for the np435 so i can stay manual.

they really dont have a lot that wears out beyond the engine/trans all the suspension parts are easy enough and cheap enough to replace

>tfw haven't gotten a new bumper yet

57, 66, 72, 78, 81, 85 for Chev pickups/suburbans/blazers

She was mechanically stout, but the drive
train was outlasting the body.
It needed a fender, cab corners, rockers, bed sides, bed floor, etc
>welcome to minnesota faggot

oh yeah, not to mention the roof was rusting out as well. Did a hell of a one wheel peel tho

Jeep gladiator shortbed stepside

1st Gen scout half cab

Any year corvair rampside

Junk

Hmmmm
indiegogo.com/projects/truck-power-car-fun/x/17900312#/

fuck salt states, my truck had a little surface rust from the plaint blisters on the roof that are gone now that its been painted and i just found a bunch of bubbles starting in the floorpans that ill be fixing soon.
im so goddamn done with the TBI in it, never runs quite right. i need t get that 440 in it soon

+1

want one so bad

Love the GMC square bodies, although the Fords from the same era are pretty gr8 too.

>I think the old 73-87 square bodies and the GMT400s afterwards are going to shoot up in value in the future.
I think this is already happening for the square bodies especially with manual transmissions, look at this for instance: portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/1979-chevy-k10-4x4-price/6412328484.html

I love em but I think with that kind of meme pricing you might as well just get a pre-Triton Ferd.

hnnnng. I saw a really nice ~89 ex-Forest Service Dodge for sale a few states over not so long ago, was mighty tempted. But it feels like cheating on my current shitbox Sonoma lel.

probably the best bang for the buck you can get, honestly, also nice trips

the dorito trucc? my dad drove one as a delivery driver in high school, wasn't too bad supposedly

My man. Between Twister, worshipping snek as a young lad, and my first vehicle being a 1990 Jeep Cherokee, I think I'm one of the only Dodge/Chrysler guys who posts here. My car now is a 2017 Scat Pack Challenger, I love it.

Ayyy ive got a yellow convertible scout.

I watched tremors and feel in love with it

I honestly never had a problem with the tbi, but then again, I only had the truck for a few months.
Obviously it's not the best for power, but it never failed to start, after I replaced the ASD relay.

Those are great, but man, do they ever rust. Neat looking though. I seem to see a lot with plows on them.
I also love >pic related, it's like the Suburban's Suburban

rip in piece Bill Paxton

That dodge is freakin sweet. If i knew anything about them i would have hunted harder for one when we were shopping before we got the 86 f250

hey i own an even older one.... 1963 series 2a 55years old in a few months.

go and fuck yourself you fucking faggot.

fucking cancer ridden bitch.

great vehicle you have there.
damn how did you get away with the front prop shaft hitting the chassis cross member, i know some cut a piece out and have like a dip.

Yeah you do faggot

>mid 90's/early 00's body style of curvy rather than THICC, extended cab, longbox Ram

MUH DIKK. If 90's can count as "vintage" this gets my vote, otherwise I guess older F150's.

The '59 Chevrolet Apache w/ NAPCO 4x4.

???

its never failed to start for me either, ill give it that, i couldnt even smother it when i seafoamed the intake, just struggled along at 150rpm till i managed to shut it down.
but it has a nasty lean spot around 60-80% throttle that makes it stumble and misfire, new tps and coolant sensor have helped a bit but not fixed it so the map is next whenever i get around to testing it.

normally im not a chevy guy, but im diggin those two

manual or automatic, which is the TRVE vintage trucc transmission?