Why does a majority of Veeky Forumstists have a severe hate for electric cars? Care to explain yourselves?

Why does a majority of Veeky Forumstists have a severe hate for electric cars? Care to explain yourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kCwBBaZ7UAE
youtube.com/watch?v=dExAdaDQoPU&ab_channel=DtRockstar1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More like they hate everything they can not afford.

Hell, just having a car over $10,000 they assume you financed or leased it.

m-m-muh internal combustion!!!

I wouldn't mind electric cars one bit(hell, I'd have a EV daily driver in a heartbeat if it didn't cost a mansion around here), but the problem is how the environtalists keep pushing for more and more restrictions on ICE cars until it reaches the point were you won't be able to legally drive your car anywhere and the government will demand it to be scrapped.

That's how the future looks for ICE cars because of EVs, and I believe that's why a lot of us hate them for it.

I really like controlled explosions turning a stick inside a metal box. It makes me feel cool than just a battery doing boring stuff to impulse me fowards, but i guess i should suck it up.

electric cars are absolutely amazing

I don't like the heavy weight of the battery packs

>the environtalists keep pushing for more and more restrictions on ICE cars
m8 this only happens in california and lol on u if you actually unironically live in california

Drive-by-wire is the kost disconnected, soulless driving experience ever and electric cars are the precursor to driverless cars, which will be the end of enthusiast motoring.

*most

Anything that happens in CA will eventually go into other states
>people move out of CA cause living costs
>bring their shitty liberal ideas with them
The worst CA gets, the faster it'll happen, only retards and faggots that have fetishes about SF or LA stay in California

Ahhh the slippery slope. You're wrong, even if ICEs dissapear, i can imagine people installing the LS version of electric engines and still somewhat rock with their shitbox. This got me thinking, the new razor cola could be electric?

meant for

If electric motors are so unenjoyable to drive, why are they used in go-karts?

>the slipperly slope doesn't exist

>the fallacy fallacy
>with a tranny nigger picture
The quality of Veeky Forums these days

We are talking about electric cars. Are you a bot?

Veeky Forums (and most other boards), lives on one principle.

Spout bile on anything that you don't have.

This sums it all up. EVs would just be another idea and in an alternate world where they were not pushed by smug enviro-zealots and politicians looking to tax ALL the carbon, I'm sure Veeky Forums would love them.

The fastest production car around the Nürburgring was electrical

In race karts they're not, but yeah, most people here are retarded.

Similar to how /g/ hated high resolution monitors in 2012
Now they're all about muh 4k

Veeky Forums was never quality

>Liberals like it, and since I hate liberals, I have to hate anything liberals like no matter what merit the product or idea has.

My problem with EVs isnt with the cars, its with the drivers. They're all smug about driving an EV or a hybrid and think they are a better person because they use batteries

I hate the resolution meme. Games are just getting huge for so little extra fidelity. Give me a 720p game with 60fps and good AA please.

>90s- repealing DADT won't lead to anything worse
>00s- gay marriage won't lead to anything worse
>10s- tranny rights(?) won't lead to anything worse

I don't hate electric cars. As a matter of fact, I'm still studying them as we speak.

I don't think they're the perfect alternate to petrol cars however.

I don't hate EVs, I hate tree-hugging liberals.

I like manual transmission

>shit range
>currently too heavy
>battery tech is still very imature meaning they are too expensive, overheat even with liquid/heat exchange cooling
>Tesla, the best EV car maker currently cant run their cars for over 3 minutes at max power on a track/street without them overheating due to wiring loom limitations, thermal limits on the motors and batteries.
The future is bright if we get hydrogen fuel cell tech into combustion cars and EV's but current lithium ion supplies will start to run out or just hit a wall efficiency wise

Twesla Model S is my dream car
It's going to take a while until I can afford it, though

Same reason why batteries have barely improved since their inception in 1802.

inb4 "green" tech retards blame fossil fuels despite hydrogen never taking off

>Shit range
The Chevy Bolt has a range of 500 km, that is enough for a day of driving especially when you have a 3-phase charging station.

>Too heavy
I will give you that, but that is due to an obsession with range. With most EVs, batteries make around 33% of the weight but batteries are getting denser and lighter.

>Battery tech
Again, another breakthrough in batteries will be solid state lithium batteries. While it may take a bit of time to get the production up enough for EVs, Samsung says they will have solid-state batteries in Galaxy phones by 2019 and in EVs by 2025. Toyota says 2020-2022 for EVs. This will also help with the thermal limits of the batteries as not having a liquid electrolyte will allow it to perform at higher temperatures and give less catastrophic fires when damaged.

>Tesla
>The best EV car maker

At least Nissan/Mitsubshi/Renault/Chevy/literally anyone else can align outside trimming and make reliable brake pedals. NIO EP9 is an electric super car and has a ring time of 6:45, It's just that Tesla only cares about 1/4 times like any other amerishart automaker. Lithium reserves aren't near depletion and lithium mas/KwH is getting better as well.

>Hydrogen
One of the worst alternative fuel memes I have ever seen and I don't get the obsession over it on Veeky Forums, As Churchill said "Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes" and I guess you people need to see another Hindenburg to see why literally any other fuel (see. Biodiesel, Ethanol, etc.) or any other different type drive (see. Steam, Electric, etc.) is more viable.

To produce it you either have to reform LPG, at that point why not just tune the engine for LPG and don't waste any time and energy reforming it or use electrolysis, which is very wasteful energy wise.

Then, hydrogen is very hard and dangerous to store and transport, which is another major negative. A better question than OP's, why do you guys think hydrogen is better?

becus no manuel transmissions and i cant wrench on an electric shitbox

Because of the (((industry))) insisting that they have shitty interiors and be loaded with big brother features

Hopefully someone who actually makes cars for people who want to drive will make an
EV

EV throttle response is theoretically instant, unlike DBW fuel injection

>0-60 in 4 seconds
>180 hp
>635 kg
>200 mile range

Find a flaw

No popup headlights

It's simple, they don't make the vroom vroom

There is a difference between hate of the EV and hate of the BS that is used to market them. Per mile, a 7 series produces less CO2 than a Tesla Model S driven in the USA.

cant tow a boat

no windshield wipers

Instant but feedback is garbage since it lacks mechanical's physicality.

Couldn't give a fuck about them, it's the fanboys who wan't to ban ICE that are annoying.

It's not anything you would ever understand. I can tell, because you made this post. There is a feeling that arises from driving a car with an ICE and a manual gearbox. The sound of the engine revving up as you gain speed, the feel of shifter in your hand, the sensation that rushes through you.

This can not be replicated with an electric motor. There is no sound, no revs, no gearbox (i get theres fucking exceptions, but the mainstream electric vehicles do not or will not have manual gearboxes.)

Sure, you can go fast with an electric vehicle. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. A lot of slow ICE vehicles are fun because you can rev the shit outta them and floor it without getting into double the speed limit.

Must we also not forget about how electric vehicles are heavy as shit due to the batteries.

>inb4 >muh feels
then what's the fucking point? Driving is something to be enjoyed.

>The Chevy Bolt has a range of 500 km, that is enough for a day of driving especially when you have a 3-phase charging station.
takes ages to recharge and theres fuck all charging stations where you actually WANT to drive (away from normies and cityfags on backroads)

Maybe portable user swapable battery packs will be a thing in the future but until then range is still an issue
>I will give you that, but that is due to an obsession with range. With most EVs, batteries make around 33% of the weight but batteries are getting denser and lighter.
Again as of RIGHT NOW electric cars are just too heavy to be considered fun for any actual racing that isnt straight line bullshit. the bolt alone weigh's 1616kg for a compact A COMPACT

The tesla by comparison weighs anywhere from 2.2 tonne all the way up to 2.5tonne 5000lbs+ all of them

the lightest model s weighs 1961kg there is nothing from tesla thats under 4200lb right now, thats just too heavy for any cornering fun and every reviewer and normie who drives one admits it
>Again, another breakthrough in batteries will be solid state lithium batteries. While it may take a bit of time to get the production up enough for EVs, Samsung says they will have solid-state batteries in Galaxy phones by 2019 and in EVs by 2025. Toyota says 2020-2022 for EVs. This will also help with the thermal limits of the batteries as not having a liquid electrolyte will allow it to perform at higher temperatures and give less catastrophic fires when damaged.
All this tech is 5-10+ years off for most commerial applications as ive said its just not ready RIGHT NOW its a extremely bad time to buy, lease or drive a EV car especially when all the power that charges these useless shits comes from fossil fuels most of the time in a overwhelming majority of charging stations powered by mains
>Muh tesla
Ironically as you said every other automaker is beating them when it comes to reliability, trim levels, interior fitment and quality.
Continue

>Then, hydrogen is very hard and dangerous to store and transport, which is another major negative. A better question than OP's, why do you guys think hydrogen is better?
Sounds unironically better than a fucking tesla which could randomly short out, have you seen electrical fires?

All someone would have to do is puncture the battery pack in a medium-severe crash and not only would they burn to death but also be electrocuted youtu.be/kCwBBaZ7UAE
>b-but its a supercar
Implying idiots coldnt get any ev to 100mph+ and ram it off some cliff or into a pole/tree somewhere

EV is great on paper where weight and battery tech limitations dont necessarily look that bad but in the REAL world where EV chargers are still pretty sparse and we have no option for EV car battery pack swaps or range extension packs or hotswaps its kinda useless unless you live near a charging station isnt it.

>batteries are getting denser and lighter

Very slowly.

I dont hate electric cars I just hate the one that are currently on sale.
They make them for people who want a prius.

Electric Cars have potential, just give them a bit more time.
Also the new Rimac is coming in March so that is gonna be exciting in terms of EV cars

>complains about fires and explosions
>literally wants to drive a hindenberg on the ground

What do you think is going to happen when the hydrogen tank is punctured?

hydrogen posters are literally the most brainlet people on this board

not an argument

Nobody cares about that. We care about the car we have now, not the car we have in 20 years. If that were the case then who knows where ICE is going to end up as well.

>hydrogen posters are literally the most brainlet people on this board
better than waiting for a applel samsung tesla rimac thermal runway

This isn't 20 years, this is 2-4 years. ICEs are moving at a glacial pace compared to the progress in EVs. What was the biggest improvement in the last 20 years for ICEs? Widespread use of direct injection with gasoline engines?

And we have had active progress on preventing that by going with less reactive electrolytes, hydrogen cars are doomed to be the bastard child of a Pinto and a Zeppelin. If you are going to be contrarian, find a better way.

More time? They are already into the third century of production and still not as good as the relative newcomer ICE.

>still not as good as the relative newcomer ICE.

NIO EP9 is on par with a Koenigsegg One:1, what are you on about?

>If you are going to be contrarian, find a better way.
i drive a v8 i ltierally couldnt give a shit about some kale juicing fucktard bugsoy boi driving a cucksla

"I drive a V8"

Oh, so you drive a piece shit that can't turn and is salty that something that can't also turn is beating your times at the drag strip?

I meant like a year or two to refine the battery technology

nah it doesnt make that much power around 400rwhp and 450ftlb torque i mainly use it to carve up canyons

never did a 0-60 or drag strip in it in the 3 years ive had it

>muh drag strip
yeah soyboi tell us when you can do 2 laps without melting your wiring loom

I key teslas on purpose

Feel free to take on any real EV sports car such as the Rimac and make the same comments, brainlet

don't you have a discord split off to shill, falcunt?

Which begs the question what the fuck are you doing here?

Why do we have to have an electric shit fight everyday?

Because people don't think it's a car if it doesn't make "muh strong car noise"
Don't get me wrong, i get erect when i hear a great engine sound, but i also love technology, and the way electric cars deploy power instantly is unmatched. Just look at the Rimac Concept one or the NIO EP9.

How many laps of the 'Ring can they each respectively do in a 4 hour period?

>"hurr durr can it lap the nurbugring 60 times without overheating"
Like it matters how much laps an EV car can do for everyday use.

I'm a Croat and I hope Mate Rimac burns down along with his faggot soy concept

>EP9's battery can last up to 427 km
>battery replacement takes 8 minutes/Recharging takes 45 minutes
>6:45 track time

35~ times, seems like

it does matter, you retard. The entire point of a car is to be a reliable mode of transport, and this is best tested in an endurance race.
You can't compete with your niche flavour of the month toy

>pointlessly insulting your people

It's okay, the yugoslav war is over, you can now stop sucking the dick of americans to appease them

it's not pointless. I don't want that retard and his flame hazard embarrassing my nation on the world stage

Ah yeah, making an electric car, far more embarrassing than genociding serbs

and jews

>6:45 track time
On slicks.

t.HDZ
Mate is the best thing to come out of this God Forsaken shithole of a country in a long time.
Lemme guess, you drive an old beat up BMW or Merc and listen to turbofolk.
Kys, you are the reason our country is where it is right now, instead of being happy that the guy is creating jobs and making sick electric car tech and an awesome hypercar you are jelaous because "Muh EV is gay"
fuck off to bosnia

>creating jobs
[citation needed]
ni na grobniku ga nitko ne voli. Mi zivimo od turizma a ne od Elon Musk Lite-a

Ko te jebe, čovjek radi i zarađuje, stvara poslove i tehnologiju. A to što si ti zadrti krkan to je tvoj problem
>Ni na grobniku ga nitko nevoli
Normalno kad je pametniji od svih vas i kad vam briše guzice sa autom na struju.

Most Veeky Forumstists are actually okay with electrics if you look carefully. It's Tesla specifically we have a problem with.

I don't hate EVs. If battery technology improves enough to make them commonplace, I'm optimistic that they can make being a car enthusiast cheaper in countries where gas is expensive (with the added bonus of not having to fund middle eastern dictatorships for the privilege of getting to work on time).
What I do hate is the marketing BS surrounding them (looking at you Tesla), and whoever is making electric cars look as fugly as possible so they can stand out and be """""futuristic""""".

youtube.com/watch?v=dExAdaDQoPU&ab_channel=DtRockstar1

>that "already knew how batshit crazy powerful EVs could be before the roadster 2 reveal so it's numbers weren't that surprising, but people were freaking out and calling it fake" feel

>that "really wish the car community could get more behind EV because of said power, but fucking tesla zealot faggots are just so insufferable that being anything close to associated with them is just fuckin ugh" feel

Real men drive car that go VROOM VROOM !

apart from the fact that they dont sound as good as ICE engines, its mostly the fact that battery technology is nowhere as efficient in terms of energy storage as regular fuels are, so they end up being expensive, heavy and having a shorter range than a comparable ICE car. Hell, if they were made to be reasonably priced and lightweight i would own an electric miata in a heartbeat, having something light with the instant torque of an electric motor would be amazing, but the technology just isnt quite there yet for this to be affordable enough. maybe in 10 years time, but until then burning dinosaurs will have to do (unless 100% ethanol becomes widely availible, which would also be pretty cool)

>a test of performance, handling, and endurance
>kinda like a long trip that mixes highways and twisties
>not a representative of road usage
were you dropped as a child?

>60 laps

Is each lap at the ring literal 3 seconds? Take the Tesla Model S for instance, it overheated just 3 minutes in, that's about 8-9Km roughly.

>it's only a family sedan

Maybe it's an unknown to you, or you're actually ommiting it, but I remember Musk proudly bragging that the S would demolish each and all hypercars before it came out.