Could a supra really neat a ferarri?

Could a supra really neat a ferarri?

Other urls found in this thread:

ru-clip.com/video/uHcKfTbS3hc/the-700-hp-titan-motorsports-toyota-supra-tuned.html
supercars.net/blog/2001-ab-flug-supra-s900/
supercars.net/blog/1985-koenig-specials-competition-evolution/
supercars.net/blog/1999-koenig-specials-f50/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A tuned Supra? Sure.

t. 8 years old

I've seen 350z smoke Lambos before. Any car heavily modified can beat anything really

What makes you think it can't? This very ferrari was not even a very fast one.

It's funny considering his Ferrari and his Supra cost around the same on the second hand market

Yeah, it had 375 HP, I’m sure that Supra was pushing more than that.

When it came out in 1995 it sure was fast , but now a stock Golf R would have embarrassed it, though it’s stop speed is likely higher.

1995 Turbo Supra
0-60 4.5
Quarter mile 13.2
1995 F355 Spider
0-60 4.9
Quarter mile 13.4

It didn't do 4.5

>all these Veeky Forumstists thinking the Supra was stock

The actual IRL Supra that was used for Brian’s car was pushing over 500 horsepower before the movie, more than enough to smoke that dentist special Ferrari

No fucking way that a JZA80 could do a 4.5 0-60 stock. Iirc, it actually did it a bit over 5 seconds.

Considering the fact that the Supra weighs a shit load more than the F355, has less power, and has less mechanical grip (FR vs MR), the Supra should be considerably slower.

>1000HP meme machine can beat a 300HP "super"car
Really fired up these neurons huh?

>1995 Turbo Supra
>0-60 4.5

Last time I checked they were within spitting distance of each other when both in stock form (around the 1500-1550Kg range).

>The actual IRL Supra that was used for Brian’s car was pushing over 500 horsepower before the movie
Weren't the Supras used in the filmings actually stock NA's?

they were bone stock N/A targa tops you absolute fucking retardoid

I can see the stunts Supra actually sporting those 500hp, just like the stunts Mustang in Tokyo Drift had also a 500hp V8 (don't recall the exact engine). But yes, I'm sure the show ones were stock NA's.

When filming they have multiple cars in various states fit for certain purposes but there is usually one 'hero' car. It's used for promotion material, tours, as a datum for the other cars to be compared to, and scenes where no or very little driving is done. The 'hero' Supra was the personal car of the guy who curated all the cars for the film. He reckons the movie execs picked him because he was scouted at a Jap car meet where he was the only white guy with a car entered.

Doesn’t he race the charger at the end and keeps up with it? I remember Vin saying it has something like 800bhp. That should give you some indication of what the Supra is capable of in the movie.

Ah, so you're saying that one orange Supra already existed before the movie, owned by someone else? And they just used that one as promotional material and built replicas for the filmings?

whats the retail on one of those?

With NOS it kept up

supras are powerful but it is mostly midrange power. they do not have a whole lot of top end but then again that is the "fun" range of rpms to have a good powerband in. i believe the rev range that is good for supras is 3k-8k or so. for the bmw it is right around that range as well although it does technically rev all the way up to 12k rpms

more than you can afford, pal.
it's a ferrari

$32,995 plus incentives

smoke him

A Subaru Impreza is faster than a Ferrari, the absolute state of Italian automotive industry.

1) You're retarded
2) Yes, of course. I smoked one of these in a hardly modified 1987 Buick. That was a bretty slow ferrari

Put down the crack pipe, user

> 1000 HP/tuned Supra
> Stock lower end Ferrari (That was actually getting old at the time I think)
> The Supra barely "beats" it
Really makes you think

To be fair, Supra was a salvage title car worked on by a Spaz named Jesse who had HDD and the whole operation was overseen by a bunch of dumb spics. On Top of that, the guy in the Ferrari was a police plant to get Brian's street creds up to par (which were shit at the time).

A basic bitch 1L i4 superbike with a couple of simple mods can BTFO anything in a straight line, you don't need a supra for that
>wahh wahhh that was't a straight line in the cuckrari scene
Fuck off
You can't compare modded to stock
>herp derp bikes are 1 trick ponies that can't go around corners
Right, right. That must be why bikes are 40 seconds faster than that ridiculous wrx sti

Around isle of man that is. I need to proofread before posting, sorry anons.

About the 1999 Impreza STi Type-R/RA Ver. 6:
>This Impreza reaches 0-60mph (96.6 kph) in 4.7 seconds or 0-100kph in 4.9 and can achieve an estimated 1/4 mile drag time in 12.87 seconds with a trap speed of 106.3 mph.
Italians on Suicide Watch

To be fair, that's a Hollywood movie.

The discussion here is ridiculous. You might tune up a Civic to be quicker than a stock Ferrari. Now what does that proves?

>Who had HDD
nah man it was a floppy

Meant to reply to too.

cancer

stock 355 is pretty slow
takes a while to get up to speed then really struggles above 270 kph

>stock 455
381 bhp @ 8250 rpm
267 ft-lb @ 6000 rpm
vmax 295 kph
0-60 4.7 seconds

>a few simple mods
600 bhp @ 7820 rpm
413 ft-lb @ 6430 rpm
vmax 330 kph
0-60 3.9 seconds

>stock mk4 supra turbo
320 hp @ 5,600 RPM
315 lb-ft @ 4,000 RPM
vmax 270 kph
0-60 4.6 Seconds

Now should the results of a few simple mods on the Supra

depends on the ferrari normie
stock supras arent even fast btw

in the age of ebay turbos any car could beat a stock ferrari in a drag race.

The Testarossa has what? 500HP? Any Turbo R34 can reach 1000 easy.

>Could a supra really neat a ferarri?
sure, after you overnighted a few parts from japan.

lmao

Ferrari still assblasted about the 348ts getting smoked by the GMC Typhoon in '91.

I'm not aware of what tuning house is best known for working on mk4 supra
its hard enough to find information as it is with this kind of next level cherry picking

Titan Motorsports
Leave to amerimutts to surpass the Japanese with their own tech

looks good but they don't really have model names put much information out there
ru-clip.com/video/uHcKfTbS3hc/the-700-hp-titan-motorsports-toyota-supra-tuned.html

just to stay in period and something that's easy to get numbers for
supercars.net/blog/2001-ab-flug-supra-s900/
even when stock the supra is ahead in torque .esp when considering the rpm difference

and because it was always more than one can afford
supercars.net/blog/1985-koenig-specials-competition-evolution/
supercars.net/blog/1999-koenig-specials-f50/

Owned by the guy who flags the races at Race War.