/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_SNES_Core_Compatibility
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/radius-drama/
github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5251
board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1707
webchat.freenode.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone have a guide on using skeleton key? I bricked my Retroarch installation using it and theres got to be some information somewhere.

Should I use bsnes or bsnes-mercury core?

Should I use accuracy or balanced if I have an i5?

Previous thread.

reminder that this face isn't recaptcha and it's just one weirdo ITT to make his ex-gf into a meme or some shit

mednafen segacd when

What's wrong with GPGX?

How do you fix the sun clipping through everything in demons souls rpcs3?

Use bsnes-mercury. It's just as accurate and slightly faster.

do you even praise lmao

wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_SNES_Core_Compatibility

tl;dr: Use snes9x

I keep hearing about an /emugen/ discord but it's never in the OP and nobody ever posts it.
Anybody willing to share an invite to the server?

Yeah, right here

reddit.com

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/radius-drama/
This one is huge, ~1200 lines.

16:40 < radius> and you're one of those nerds who needs respond to bait all day long
16:40 < radius> there is no point defending you, anything good said about you will be washed away within a few minutes

>~1200 lines
>tfw I don't give a shit

>tfw I spent nearly all day tracking down and organizing rare roms

Nothing more satisfying. This is what emulation is truly about.

Fuck me you're weird, at least you didn't buy a domain for this.

Source?

byuu
alcaro
aliaspider
loganmc
radius

Who's next?

Burden of proof is on the fag that keeps posting it. It only shows up ITT and there's no reason to believe it's actually recaptcha.

No one even knows recaptcha's gender.

What is the purpose of stirring up drama like this? Do you want everything to be destroyed?

Why don't you ask him on #retroarch?

>16:59 < radius> if you respond to PPSSPP threads with: "I'll update PPSSPP next week"
>16:59 < radius> and let it rot for another year
>16:59 < radius> then you hurt yourself

Ask the guy sitting in IRC 24/7 who apparently wastes large amounts of time combing through IRC logs and making a smear site from cherrypicked logs? He won't respond because he'd get banned instantly.

It's r5

>IBM - PC compatible (Non-Europe-CD).torrent

comfy.moe/nbkzka.torrent

what did he mean by this

Probably not. Whoever it is posting that site is the same guy who always makes same grammar mistakes on his posts (ie the "pajeet" poster).

Securing data beyond reach of SP, so he can't delete or alter it. Except 'reddit drama' I didn't stirred them, they happened without my participation so ask that question people responsible for writing those walls of text.

There's a r/emulation poster with a very similar posting style (and grammar mistakes) to this post and a similarly disturbing fixation on SP. I just wonder...

The act of posting the edited logs publically stirs up drama all in itself.

lol you mean romjacket's bullshit AHK drag-and-drop app? that is the worst program I have ever seen, stop using it

who's left?

rypheca?

My guess is that the guy is in full autist butthurt mode over a perceived "slight" SP did to him.
Possably because SP told him he was wrong about something and little pajeet is not used to being told that he is wrong. But that is my own speculation as to why this poster wants so badly to hurt SP.
He did have that autistic meltdown at our own wiki when he was told to fuck off from here. So in my view he is just another Cancer that is worse than SP, least he keeps his shit on IRC.

who?

hunterk and kivutar

If you cared about 'securing data', then why not just post raw log files unedited and unabridged, without the highlights, the cherrypicking, and the "comments" that are quite obviously designed to push a specific narrative about SP?

Hey SP, are you like that irl too?

Nice try Byuu.
You still popping those hormones bro?

>byuu
Im sure he's too busy working on things with his team that gets along to post here.

byuu has a team?

So how bout them Ubershaders? I should have know better than to expect anything from Dolphin at this point, but still...

Holy shit i did hurt your feelings by calling you cancer. Gonna vandalize the wiki again? Sort of proves my point really. To be honest it is like you are trying to be /baph/ and just failing at it. I know SP is a "lolcow" but come on man, out of contex irc logs is not trolling it is just cancer posting.

I wish i was SP, knowing that i got a guy so mad he stalks me on IRC and takes the time to edit and back up everything i say. Plus getting donations would be good.
So be honest what did SP say to you that got you so mad? I want to know. Did he tell you that you are wrong on a subject you have autism in? or something more petty?

Übershaders are a meme, they should've just done it the same way as ishiiruka.

So it's a choice between shader stuttering or two minutes of error messages and a massive performance hit. Oh boy.

Have you updated your GPU drivers recently? I had issues with them until I updated.

>tfw ubershaders work perfectly for me

byuu has just has a bunch of fans who he circlejerks with but he hardly has any actual collaboration with, often they maintain forks because byuu won't merge their changes.

And byuu has pushed away his own share of people, such as blargg, AWJ, aliaspider, Themaister, Kode54, mudlord, to name a few.

>implying it was me
I'll take the answer to my question as "yes"

Ah playing the inoccent card i see.

don’t talk down to me, now is not the time or place for that
I am already irritated and hurt today

>don't give a fuck

We should be thanking SP, at least now we can run emulators on Windows 98

Reminder that RetroArch 3DS builds are currently broken and they are unable to fix it without aliaspiders help

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5251

Squarepusher General

every fucking time

If there has been any regression, aliaspider did it inadvertently himself since nobody else touched the 3DS code.

Anyway, the console platform ports are obviously not the main priority of the project. And issues can always be fixed with a bounty if there is enough overwhelming interest in seeing something fixed/done.

What a prick.Is there actually ANYONE publicly still defending that guy? Our resident user here does not count unless he reveals his public name but he seems too ashamed to do that.

>install dolphin
>play Mega Mall X command mission
>sound is so choppy and delayed everyone sounds like they had either too much to drink or smoke something they shouldn't have had
I almost don't want to fix this.

>aliaspider did it inadvertently himself since nobody else touched the 3DS code.
I have no real idea how much of ctrulib RetroArch uses but it can also be that it break because of an update (which is a very common thing in ctrulib).

Byuu's boards are so alive yeah -

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1707

"I don't want to direct this at any specific person or persons, or point to any specific examples.

I know we have a clique here of members who've been around since the beginning in 2009, but there's a tendency to treat new members the same way we're used to hazing each other, and it chases them off.

Forums are already a dying medium in the face of social media, so we need to be careful if we want to keep this place alive.

I've already had at least three very prominent, highly technical and valuable members tell me they were leaving this forum over it. And they did. I'm also certain others have left without telling me over it. And that others probably post less because they don't want to deal with it.

I'm not saying we can't call out obvious bullshit. Say user ROMd00d signs up and asks "where can has Pokemon ROMz?" then sure, have at it. But if someone's generally trying to be helpful, instead of mocking them for some small detail, maybe try and be nice and explain to them politely what's wrong with their idea.

At least make the effort to make sure they've been around a while and are used to the friendly jabs we take at each other here before using it on new members. A first poster might not realize you're just joking around with the jest tag. Heck they probably won't even understand the tag.

I really don't want to have to moderate this forum. That never goes well :(

EDIT: and I already had to moderate this topic. Off to a great start :/"

Homebrew console SDks are mostly a buggy and experimental mess yeah. If you write homebrew for those platforms, expect bugs and don't expect polished products. As simple as that. If you want that ,use leaked SDKs. Those are polished and those don't come with a truckload of bugs. Butthose get discouraged from being used for ... reasons.

>I don't want something in Dolphin fixed

Well no worries there. We're talking about a 13 year old emulator that doesn't have hot plugging. At this point, I wonder how the devs manage not to hurt themselves.

But but, we're paying for this
>$550 – reached! per month
>Weekly Quality Assurance checkins for each >RetroArch platform port, stability checkups!

Where are these QA checkins? Fucking bullshit.

It runs, all obligations are met there. According to random user, it runs slower than before.

Prove it, do a bisect.

If someone should reveal their public name, it should be the SP hate mongerers, they're the ones being destructive...

Are you posting from 2 devices?

>Fuck you and stay the fuck away from me. Get a fucking life, you loster and stop stalking me. Good day.

Nobody is knocking on your door demanding PPSSPP, Daniel. Chill out.

I post from one device, fag.

Showing how much SP is mentally unstable and needs medical help?

He''s not mentally unstable. He's just an ass

Hahaha, oh wow. This general has devolved into stalking a guy on Google maps.

What a fucking shitfest. What's the point of these threads anymore?

Lets just change the name to /SPgen/ because that's what this fucking is now.

>stalking
Don't you mean "stocking"

If he were actually mentally unstable, he would have done a lot more damage to himself or his project by now.

I know SP has deeply offended you or insulted the honor of the emudevs you are a huge fan of, but there's no need to engage in this kind of toxic trolling.

SP must pay for his crimes

>Hahaha, oh wow. This general has devolved into stalking a guy on Google maps.

He's not just a guy. He's THE guy.

kek

>raw log files
It would hurt my anonymity. Don't worry, they are secure enough on dropbox.
>obviously designed to push a specific narrative about SP?
Deal with it. Source material on that blog post was unequivocal and editing was minimal. Feel free to post diff with my changes.

PPSSPP = dead
PCSX2 = going nowhere
Dolphin = going nowhere
CXBX Reloaded = going nowhere
Citra= going nowhere
Dreamcast= nothing
Sega Saturn= nothing

>At this point, I wonder how the devs manage not to hurt themselves.
user, ...

>It would hurt my anonymity.
Cool excuse. Maybe you shouldn't do it all then.

>editing was minimal.
You know what the fuck I'm talking about. You clearly abridge certain things, highlight certain lines to draw attention to them, and make little comments to push a certain POV instead of just presenting the logs as-is to let people decide for themselves. It comes off as trying too hard to get others to hate SP.

>Deal with it
You should learn to take criticism for your rather toxic website.

I feel the same way about the miscreants that "work" on PCSX2. Do they actually have to wear rubber safety helmets?

To clarify, I don't mean hurt themselves as in self harm, I mean hurt themselves as in play in traffic, headbutt the window on the short bus, etc...

SP is really butthurt now

we won’t discuss development on here anymore
we have to throw down the gauntlet on certain imageboards
mention a certain channel on Veeky Forums and we might have to warn you not to bring it up again
if the warning gets ignored we might have to ban
we are going to cut down on the toxicity starting today
we won’t mention 4ch here anymore
it’s now officially off-limits
I will warn up to two times not to bring it up, if that still doesn’t work, I will have to entertain a ban

You can do whatever you want with these "leaks" of public conversations.

You may feel righteous about it too.

But you are not, you are not any better than the characters you're trying to drag thru the mud. I guess you're one of those people who just like to watch shit burn.

Enjoy your 10 seconds of anonymous fame

wew

quick,

webchat.freenode.net/

let's assemble in #retroarch and protest, SP must pay for his crimes

I can't blame him when this fucking general literally talks about him non-stop.

Emulation General this ain't.

I blame him for enabling these losers to keep the circlejerk of fire going

>>>/global/rules/4

Emulation has gone to shit. This thread being about SP instead of emulation is a symptom of that.

Might as well go back to real hardware at this and invest in flashcarts.

But notdaniel will still post here his third person autism, right?

new to lakka, what core do i use for each console in general? Im using SNES9x for snes games currently

how could you forget about m64p? n64 emulation's doomed too..

>Might as well go back to real hardware at this and invest in flashcarts.
Just don't give any money to krikkz. Buy secondhand if you really want a kikedrive.

What's wrong with giving money to krikkz? Isn't he the one who designed those carts?

protesting is not raiding kthx

Alright my commander! Whatever you want!

Seriously, what a clown... seems like his patreon money gave him delusion of grandeur :-)

>SP circlejerking dies down
>thread dies

See, this is the problem. All the emulation discussion has gone elsewhere because you fucks can't contain your autism about SP.

See ya.