Guy who's only driven automatics here who wants to learn manual, how likely is it that I accidentally moneyshift

Guy who's only driven automatics here who wants to learn manual, how likely is it that I accidentally moneyshift

Other urls found in this thread:

anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-ford-taurus-sho-manual/6436174602.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 percent. you're just gonna lurch and stall and look stupid for a day til it clicks, then you're just gonna look stupid

ah good so no change

Don't force the shifter into a gear, let it go where it wants and you'll be fine.

Unless the transmission has been tampered with, the gear will refuse to enter. Worst case scenario you'll hear a SKRUNTZ noise and that's it.

99% of cars you can forcefully moneyshift and the car will tell you to fuck off. It takes impressive effort to do it in a functioning, stock, car.

is it really that hard?

For what it's worth, I haven't seen anyone moneyshift a stock car made in the last ten years. I've very delicately tried on my old beater and it wouldn't let me.

On the other hand, my 2013 occasionally won't let me shift into 1st if I'm moving at all, so they are a bit oversensitive.

I'm looking at a manual '93 Taurus SHO though

post pics

anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-ford-taurus-sho-manual/6436174602.html

you need to be fast to escape moose attacks jump on that shit

I'll try to get it user
and while moose are still pretty docile and harmless, I didn't hesitate fucking doing a 360 and biking away from them when I was younger

It's almost literally impossible to shift my 2010 mazdaspeed 3 into 1st while moving, you have to be going like 5mph

Literally any car won't let you shift into 1st while moving unless the gears are all synchronized(like how it is in sports and race cars) or the transmission is fucked up already.

Moose get angry as fuck in the winter and they'll charge at people's cars.

When I lived in Fairbanks, a big ass bull moose charged at everyone that tried to cross the intersection he decided to direct traffic on. Went on for a good 20 minutes.

I got a gen1, it doesn't lock me out of first ever.
Almost money shifted it one time but realized right before I let the clutch out

Interdasting
They put all kinds of nannying on 1st and 2nd gear in the gen2 so it makes sense

I haven't seen this shit in Anchorage, odd

Just try shifting from second to first a bit early, there's a lot of resistance

Idk. it's colder in Fairbanks?

The moose playing traffic cop was a one-off thing, but yeah, they get generally more belligerent in the winter.

Just got a 5 speed NB and this pretty much describes my experience