Car tire leaks like 2PSI every couple of days

> Car tire leaks like 2PSI every couple of days.
> Don't want to spend the 20-30 bucks to get the tire looked at and patched up
> Have to drive to gas station every 4-5 days to top up the air

>$20 to patch tire
>$1 in the air machine every 2 days

This is why poorfags stay poor

Patching a tire yourself is cheap and easy.

Jack the wheel off the ground
Spray the tire with plain water to see where the leak is (bubbles)
Besure to check the bead and the valve stem. (valve stem leaks are super easy to fix)
Mark it
Buy a $4 patch kit
Follow directions on the patch kit.

I always keep a patch kit and 12v inflator in case I blow out more than one tire or my spare goes flat.

>Has to pay for AIR
lol
what shithole do you live in?

buy a can of sealer, it's like $10

Texas :(

can of bicycle tire fix flat should be enough

Just use a good bike pump. It takes longer but you can use it for other stuff and you only have to pay $40 or less once. You probably need the exercise anyway.

Pretty much the case in all of yurop m8, so far I have only seen free air at 3 gas stations in france, italy and some eastern bloc country

Every time the attendant sees you roll up to the air pump he probably says "Look at this faggot"

yeah, and end up spending those 20-30 bucks in gas instead of fixing the tire.

It's $10 at Walmart. Be warned that if it's on the sidewall or within a thumb width of the edge of the tread it's not patchable though.

you're paying for electricity m8

there are cheap 12v air pumps u can buy. take one with you and use it when you need it. they take awhile but work.

...How about you use your brains and put your fucking spare?

Unless you're that kind of autistic that doesn't have a spare because "muh weight reduction, bro"

I had a similar problem too a few weeks ago. I would lose like 15 psi over a couple weeks or a month and kept having to fill it back up. Then it stopped and I'm not leaking nearly as much anymore even after driving a little road trip.

I think tires heal if you just drive them more.

>20-30 bucks
go to a local puerto rican/mexian shop. theyll do it for 5 bucks

>tfw you get a nail
>leaks for a few days
>pump it up to 65lbs
>stops leaking
>tfw it sealed itself
I know it's on borrowed time but I'm just gonna ride it out

>Don't want to spend the 20-30 bucks to get the tire looked at and patched up
I guess I'm spoiled over here in the Seattle area. A number of tire shops all give free patches as a courtesy. They do that in hopes of getting your future tire purchases. Yes, that includes the dismount, examination, patching the inside and adding a plug, and remount of your tire on the rim. It doesn't include a rebalance though. On top of that, other tire shops that don't give free exam/patching unless you bought that tire from them. And of course, there are places that don't give out free patching at all.

It's too bad Sam's Club is leaving my state. Costco and Amazon reign supreme here in the Seattle area. But Sam's Club gave out free tire exam/patches to its members as part of the membership package.

And you waste all your time posting crap threads while you can work an hour or two to pay for this shit

Are you sure it's even the tire?
Have you checked the valve stem?
Use soapy water to find the leak, just enough soap in the mixture the make it bubble where the air is leaking.
A patch kit is cheap and easy just make sure you do it right the first time.
In your circumstance a valve stem will have to be repaired in shop.

Nigga, air is free in scandinavia.

Did you remove the nail? If not, your inner belt is separating.
This will result in loss of control when the belt gives. You're risking the chance of endangering your own life, or more importantly the life somebody else.

In Italy by law air has to be free at gas stations
Only at the car wash they can bill you for it and usually it's a 50cents token
Fuck, my hometown's gas station will give you 2t premix if you need it

Buy a compressor for $10

The shop I work at fixes flats for free. Op its easy to find a flat, I'd recommend taking the tire off but it's not required. Fill the tire up to 50 psi (assuming it's in good condition, no cords showing, no bubbles, no shifted belts, etc) and spray the entire tire with water. You can use a little dish soap mixed with the water if you want to find it faster although that's not required. Spray the valve stem and spray the bead, if there's nothing in the tire there's a 99% chance it's a rim leak, valve stems don't go bad often.

Keep in mind a can of fix a flat will not stop a rim leak. That stuff is only good for small punctures

I have the same issue but luckily I own a small electric pump that I keep in the trunk just for occasions like this. I'm too lazy to patch it so I just keep pumping it up

last 3 times this happened to me:
>take car to tire place
>tell them tire is leaky
>they patch it for free say its no warranty blah blah blah liability on patches etc etc
>go on my way
>no problem ever again

Imagine the OP asking the same attendant for change every week. Xdddd

Don’t have to rebalance if you mark the position of the weights on the tire
:^)

This, just go get it fixed, or fix it yourself op

QT has free air here in the DFW area.