How come some get respect in the workplace and others dont? Regardless of job title

How come some get respect in the workplace and others dont? Regardless of job title.

Everyday I get talked down to and belittled. I get interrogated by management and other employees about how my shift has went. Every detail is scrutinised and I'm always at fault for something. Just finished a shift where I couldn't have a break or anything to eat because I was so busy, yet before I left I had to stay and do more tasks and I got told "I need to work faster and get things done quicker".

Inb4 nice blog faggot

Be on top of your shit all the time. Make changes that make things better. Dont ask for permission to make these changes, take a risk and change shit up and let them see the results. When someone tries to shit on you have a comeback ready even if you had to think of it the night before.

height

this
or looks

or, as seems likely since you're on Veeky Forums,
you're a stupid hateful racist piece of shit that deserves to be abused and everyone knows it.

Sounds like one of my old jobs at a deli. From my experience, if the people don't like you, they will blame you for everything and make sure you are the last to leave. I never fit in at that job and was in your spot. Apparently I worked slower even though I was the one who only ever stopped for the required breaks and had a lot of shit offloaded on me at the last minute.

I changed careers and my life took a turn uphill. I rarely worked with shit sacs again (and most don't last long in this line of work). Even though I'm still the office eccentric, my supervisor and boss treat me well within their abilities and take me seriously. My coworkers have some drama on occasion, but we've only had one person who held grudges longer than a day. The drawback is our office as a whole is the first scapegoat for most issues, but no fan-propelled shit sticks if it's unfounded. Other issues such as shit wages and ignorant clients still pass on to any field, but they are much easier to cope with when you don't hate your job and your coworkers.

Find a different career and/or stop working with shit sacs. You'll still have your older flaws, but other places will accommodate or straight up not give any fucks about your flaws.

In shit companies maybe,
professionnals respect good work and driven people, good looks make things easier I guess but just by themselves... good luck.

t. Ugly and respected professional

Stand up for yourself or get stepped on.

Its the jungle. Are you an insect or the lion.

Son, this is civilization. Your raggedy ass alpha rules only apply in the zoo.

Git gud. Git civilized.

In families this is called "the identified patient".
It's some weird social interplay that no one here will understand if they haven't expericned it.
Loling at your life dude, hahaha you still think the world is fair.

you said ugly not short

You take them and the job too seriously.

If your jumping when they say "Jump" they will continue to abuse that power.

Try to counter-act it with a "soft" smart comeback or "soft" sarcastic comment... Suitable for a professional environment of course... not just "Suck ya mum"

>"user, you need to work faster and get things done quicker"... reply with "Well... if you stopped talking to me I could probably get something done"

You will soon see that people dont fuck with you as much if they get challenged every time they try to belittle you or question your work ethic.

You could even flip it and make remarks about there work ethics when you see them wasting their time.

If you see them making alot of drinks you could say "Wow... you've MADE so many cups of coffee today, you've been in the kitchen most of the day i'd be surprised you've got much done at all"

Either that... or you are literally working like a fucking sloth to be soo noticeable to your colleagues that they have to remind you to work quicker.

Work time is work time.... get in... get shit done... and get out... Simple!

>evopsych developed over 10,000 generations is irrelevant after 100.

It's called the halo effect. If you're tall and good looking, people assume that you're smart and competent as well.

The opposite is true if you're short and ugly.

It is.

We have lots of instinctive behaviour that is not only irrelevant in today's society but actually detrimental to our success in it.

Also, the alpha/beta paradigm was used in a single study to describe the behaviour of wolves in captivity. It can't be applied to beings as complex as humans.

>envoremental pysch.
psych is honestly trash mate. all thier lab studies are so reductionist to prove nothing about real life and studying real life is too subjective.

It is detrimental and dysfunctional now, but all the functions are still there. The human brain is like fancy Python code trying to put a shine on old, shitty COBOL that nobody can touch.

>envoremental
>mate
Trustworthy

>see this thread
huh this is exactly what's going on at my professional, high-paying office job
>see this post
>6'0
>everyone at work is 6'2-6'4
man fuck this
they do this not because you're short
they do it because you are shorter THAN THEM

King of manlets over here

The world isn't fair as a rule, but you can certainly demand it as a condition of your employment.
I had a job in college where my supervisor made a point of questioning me and telling me to work faster after shifts, in front of other employees. I replied calmly that I really had no idea what she wanted me to do differently. She had no comeback, and after a while stopped bugging me.
She also could easily have fired me, and I would have found a better place to work. Any advice that's predicated on "How do I improve my working conditions without risking losing my job" is going to be lousy advice. The best advice I can give is to never stop looking for new jobs and keeping your skills current. Having an alternative in your back pocket is all the motivation you need to negotiate at work.

I thought about it some more and there are definitely short guys with seniority that that shit definitely doesn't happen to

I always assumed it happened to me because I was the youngest and least experienced on the team

here is the truth you won't hear very often

the reason your boss treat you like garbage is because he doesn't relate to you in any way.
most business owners see their company as a big family and in order to be part of this family you need to get along with the co-workers.
i believe this is also why most businesses fail, so the problem is not you, but still we can't change how the world works so we have to adapt.