/fg/ - Falcom General #37

Previous Thread: Getting ready edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4G2fMnHdA
qt.vidyagam.es/Isbb3w3.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=DLLhVMbiUgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Calvard when?

I don't get where the "Cold Steel is boring" comes from. Did these people not like FC too? I'm a few hours in and I'm having a blast. It's immersive and cozy, just like I expect from a game that sets the foundation for the rest of the arc.

pls gib crossbell

>Did these people not like FC too?
You act like theres not a vocal crowd who say you should only play FC for SC.

No.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

>Estelle is the weakest.
Uh Estelle would wreck Lloyd and non ogre Rean.

*puts crossbell on a high shelf*

Do you think that'll stop her?

There is everything wrong with it. You play Ao, you get spoiled on virtually everything that happens in the two cold steel games.

*hides behind a potted plant on the high shelf*
SHE'LL NEVER FIND IT

Because you haven't gone to Nord yet.

(lol)

But if you play the two Cold Steel games first, you get spoiled on Ao.

There's nothing wrong with it. Sen spoils Ao just as much.

Kevin mentioned at the start of Ao that Lloyd has the potential to be just as strong as Estelle, and after the events of Ao he may as well be, or fairly close. Plus, we don't know how strong Rean has gotten since the time skip.

You're downplaying Estelle way too much. She's grown incredibly since SC and can handle herself very well by Ao/Cold Steel. Don't know about Edge Lord mode Rean but she can definitely defeat Rean in his regular mode.

I don't get where the "Cold Steel is good" comes from. Did these people not like good game? I'm already finished this game and I'm having a headache. It's boring and dull, not what I expect from a game that sets after Ao no Kiseki.

Let's spam them with Crossbell requests.

12 hours in and I feel the same, it's been a ton of fun so far.

I've never actually found being spoiled that big of a problem. Sometimes it makes the journey even better, dramatic irony and all that.

Don't forget that Estelle is also getting stronger as time goes by just as Lloyd and Rean is. And I'm just speaking under the assumption of events up to Cold Steel 2 since we don't know jack about 3 yet.

>no ministalin for first fieldtrip
I was looking forward to hearing about how the kulaks should be shot

>Cold Steel flopping on PC
Serves them right for making it dub only.

Juna plz

Saying it won't make it true.

>I've never actually found being spoiled that big of a problem.
It really isn't. I played Ao first and I still think both Sen games are great (not as great, of course). If anything, playing Erebonia games adds to the Crossbell experience and vice versa.

It mentions some of the happenings, but there's not context for them, meanwhile CS spoils the fact that Kea is fine, which means nothing bad happens to her after being turned into a sept-terrion, Arios is helping Lloyd, which makes the fake out twist that he killed Guy pointless, spoils the fact that Rixia will ally herself with them and reveal her identity, spoils the fact that Dieter gets arrest, and therefore isn't to be trusted.

The closest thing Ao gets to outright spoiling is the fact that Osborne died, and apparently his body vanished, but didn't outright say he survived, but even then it's fairly obvious he didn't. And the fact Crossbell becomes independent later, but that's probably not that important, and the main point is how tehy get liberated, which we don't know yet.

You're going to a commoner filled happy market town anyway.

Wait till you get to go to noble capital of the country with him.

The fact that CS does take many, many modern LN-tier cliches and plays them ridiculously straight. It's boring because those same cliches are already present in many other modern anime or manga.

>Wait till you get to go to noble capital of the country with him.
Are you trying to get me hyped user?

Steamspy is already showing the game has hit its limit. It won't sell much more than 10K copies.

To be fair, aside from the Arios thing most of those are obvious anyway.

Did anyone seriously believe the adorable cute loli everyone loved wasn't going to make it?

>trusting steamspy when even steamspy says its useless in the first few weeks

Don't we already know that at the end of Ao? Of course she's fine.

It's fun. Fuck the haters

What about Dieter though? He helped you out in Zero, and came off as an upstanding guy.

I thought Dieter got arrested because he took responsibility of someone's action. I still didn't expect him to be one of the big bad.

I've looked at first sales on Steamspy for months now, a dip like that is always bad news. At very most the game will get to 15K.

I think it's reasonable to assume that she and Joshua have at least become A-rank Bracers by CS3. In terms of strength, it only took a few months between 3rd and Zero for her to master Cassius's S-Craft, so who knows how much she has improved during another timeskip.

That is assuming that she and Joshua are still doing Bracer work and not just staying at home fucking all day.

The Bored Highlands got fixed in PC since you can make the game go faster. I think I liked it better than FC

They always wanted to become a bracer, user. I doubt they'd stop.

I don't see your age in that picture.

Good thing I don't watch that much Anime or read that much manga anymore.

you may have both, if you so wish

>Opposite group always got interesting towns like Ordis, Jurai or Parm
>Meanwhile you're stuck with shitters like Bose 2.0 and Zeiss 2.0

Much better.

Next game to be set in Calvard featuring the Rocksmith agency right?

What's at Parm?

RISE, O FIRST GAME IN THE ARC
AND BECOME THE FOUNDATION FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES

>2 missed port cities

Ideally yes, but it'll also involve isekai, idols, and other shit nobody wants
That or it'll take place in a buttfuck nowhere country nobody expected a game to be set in

So then you're just jaded? I consume a ton of modern anime and I don't mind.

How do you pronounce *grin*

Also thanks for telling me she gets better quickly anons as its true, I no longer dislike Alisa.

I have a feeling I'm going to like you, user.
Machias will be with you on the next field tripIt's a noble city.

Wool cultivation and spinning workshops.

post yfw its a psychological horror set in North Ambria days before the salt-pale incident and ends with the first hand experience of slowly being saltified.

Wales 2.0 sounds pretty boring.

I'm happy to have you as a classmate Rean.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4G2fMnHdA

It also happens to be where Zechs withdrew his troops to after Olivert purposefully negotiated himself into a corner in SC.

that would make the fanbase pretty salty

Yeah, perfect place for Sky callbacks.

Alisa has legitimate reasons for her personality, which you'll start to learn in a few chapters.

That's why you go there in CS3, with Agate investigating Hamel as well.

Why would they need to investigate Hamel again? Didn't they already figure out everything was Weissman's fault?

Other than a few references I doubt we'd get anything of value with the cast we're given at that stage of the story.

They'll need to rob Karin's grave so Rean can get Loewe's divergent sword reforged by G.Nome.

They probably need to go there to get stuff to expose Osborne

Does acquiring recipes work the same way as in Sky with eating them giving you the recipie. The ingame help page helpfully doesn't say

Pretty sure it's like Zero where you have to talk to certain NPCs to acquire new recipes to make them. Or maybe like in Ao where you have to find recipe books spread around the world, but otherwise, no, you can't just eat them.

No, you get them from people. Consult to a guide or you'll miss one.

Played Dawn of Ys yet, /fg/?

Oh, thanks. Is there a good spoiler free guide for this kind of thing like the zero/ao pastebin. Only ones I can find seem to be full of spoilers.

Isn't the one in gamefaqs has spoiler tags?

But Osborne didn't have to do anything with Hamel, did he? I thought he was just a soldier at the time.

His whole rise to power started around the same time as Hamel and the hundred days war. Hell, Rean's mom could've been at Hamel for all we know. It could be anything, but the fact that they're talking about it again means there must be something there.

Considering that it was after Hamel Osborne started trying to consolidate power, I would assume that he was not the cause of it.

Randy, you madman. A master of deflection from the turbo lesbian.

You really enjoy both Randy and Tio huh? Can't blame you though. Randy is indeed pretty great.

If anything it sounds like his power obsession started there as a reaction to whatever he saw there.

Just finished Star Door 15.

WHAT THE FUCK

It would be my pleasure user.

How long is Crossbells longest day? Should I do this in one sitting?

Imagine if they revived him and made him the main antagonist of Cold Steel 3.

Decided to fire up the japanese text to check something that's been bugging me forever: what was Becky's original way of speaking? And holy shit that is some thick-ass Kansai-ben.
Now I'm going to have to cross-check the Jap text every time the dialogues change, because boy do I love me some Kansai-ben.

qt.vidyagam.es/Isbb3w3.webm
I love them.

The final dungeon is a little long, but if you have the time it's doable.

No way in hell that can happen dude turned to salt, and got scattered.

I finished the star door 15 earlier this week and wow I found it extremely arousing.
Makes me wonder if any doujins were ever made of it.

>they end it showing her crying upon waking up

ow

I'm still salty about it. I really liked him.
>mfw some jackass spoiled his betrayal 2 months before FC's PC release

Thats a sexy low-poly locomotive. Not Mallard sexy, but sexy.

youtube.com/watch?v=DLLhVMbiUgs

If a dude is a bro, and not in the party, they are probably a traitor in this series.

yfw Cassius was the grandmaster all along

*laughs in photographer*

Is it worth trying to play through Ao using my mediocre Japanese with the spreadsheet to aid me?

yep

I think there's a patch that adds the spreadsheet to the game actually.

It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing, and a slight improvement over keke bears and police dogs.