Name a worse place to be a car enthusiast

Name a worse place to be a car enthusiast.

Other urls found in this thread:

swissinfo.ch/eng/driver-faces--1-000-000-speeding-fine/23091098
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pyongyang

The surface of the sun

New South Wales

Oxford.

i hear british columbia is pretty shit, also california

germany

fpbp

wrong

wrong

Why BC?

I feel like we have it pretty good.

literally just the autobahn

>good used car market
>cheap to own a car (compared to the rest of europe)
>very good infrastructure and roads
>various racetracks with open trackdays so you can track you car for very few money
>modifications are possible
>people love their cars in general

>modifications possible
>"oh sorry these rims arent ok by tüv standards"

How difficult is it to own a JDM car in germany? Pretty much all the parts arent government approved right?

>Pretty much all the parts arent government approved
what?
nigger they sold Hondas over there lmao

>hurr durr I can't afford to buy parts that got a TÜV approval and have to buy some turkish LED headlights with no E number because they put their light everywhere and melt the housings
lmao dude just get a job and maybe you can afford a car some day.

Based 4am poster

good luck getting rays through tüv

this, german Veeky Forumstist here, was pleasantly unsurprised you cant have rays here

Moved to ON from BC (dont ask why). Can confirm ON is about a thousand times worse than BC

i have a shitbox, a jdm, and 5 motorycles including a newer supersport and a harley
guess how much my insurance rates are

Not much if you only have liability.

I notice insurance companies will charge you the same rates no matter if your car/ bike sits in a garage all year or if you rack up obscene miles as a delivery/Uber/ Courier. You must be sucking.

whatever u say, busrider

>having shitty rimz
while this is not a real answer, you are right, as far as I read at least the TE37 are too weak for german standarts and therefore illegal to put on your car
you could still do an
>Einzelabnahme
tho.

Onterrible really is the worst place in Canada to own a car.

BC's fine. Great offroading, in most places the cops don't give too much of a shit about speeding, comfy roads. Wish we had tracks though.

California's great. The only negative is smog, which you can work around with 20 bucks

How shit are your driving records / how young are you if you're paying that much in insurance in Ontario?
I'm paying about $600 a year for a motorcycle and four cars here in Ontario

Not in the GTA I'm guessing.

I'm 22 paying 129/mo

But thats low compared to my friends who pay anywhere from 300 - 450 because they are complete dumb-asses

Hello there!
> No car culture whatsoever, just shit
> Laws forbid all modifications
> Police hunt down tuners
> Taxes make sure you can't afford gas, buying or keeping a car

Quebec is pretty awful too

Yup, only province that can't import rhd cars unless they're 25 yo.

Ontario is utter utter fucking horse shit, in terms of work opporunity, pay, shit to go, even fucking geography, it's utter fucking shit.

I don't know why the fuck I bother to stay here when I can move to BC

then explain mjet
is he rich or a politician

Oregon, cause you will probably ruin your petrol car by pumping diesel into it

Please take me with you I want to leave this shitpit forever and never come back.

At least theres 94 octane right? haha..

Some people love them Puntos, at least I do, but I can recognize the great majority of Punto owners inherited the cars from their moms when they bought some Ford Galaxy or something.

Be lucky he isn't driving an Ibiza TDI or some other trash... Shows some taste in cars!

>He's never been out of the country

I've travelled the world and can confirm Ontario is the worst place in the world to be a car enthusiast by fucking far. It's the worst place in the world for a lot of things

And I thought 38k for a Miata Club in Canada was awful.
>Mustang GT is about the same price

You guys want to roadtrip across the country with me in June? I'll finally be out of here and get posted in Comox, BC

Quebec is just as bad. We have:
>Tickets for loud exhausts
>Pothole ridden roads
>The whole major Montreal interchange is beign rebuilt so traffic is retarded. Worse than Toronto atm.
>No RHD under 25 years old
>Displacement tax over 4L engines
>Salt galore in the winter
>Massive amounts of snow, more than the GTA or Vancouver

However, we have
>No emissions tests
>Cheap insurance
>More twisties in the laurentian mountains

I guess its a tie of terrible conditions for drivers

>assumed it's exchange rate trickery
>check exchange rate

You forgot luxury tax for cars over $40,000.

probably just a poorfag in highschool who has an N and can't afford insurance

t. kiddie that hasn't driven outside of Ontario in the 6 months he's had his license

I've lived in Alberta for 20 years of my life, with frequent visits to BC. Sorry but your province is fucking garbage.

Only if you're a dumbass kid living around Toronto
If you're an adult then insurance is cheap, it's easy to finance a new car along side a weekend toy, and there are race tracks everywhere. We don't have speed cameras every 5 metres and it's really easy to modify your car, just needs to make sure you don't get a check engine light on your free emissions test

Greater Detroit area.

>the only negative is smog
>and the third reich masquerading as highway patrol
>and the autistic government
>plus the brain dead residents

Poor baby got a speeding ticket?

How are those unemployment rates?

>explain mjet
What's there to explain?
He bought a somewhat cheap used car plus he traded in his mom's car as well as far as I remember, so he most likely didn't spend much at all.
Insurance is cheap enough and road tax isn't that high either for an engine of that size.

He probably also still lives with his parents so he must be saving most of his pay-check if he has a job.

You forgot
>absolutely insane used market prices

Literally most of the planet. Dumb underage kids taking what they have for granted

I'm in the city of Toronto.
Once you turn 25 it will cool down

ITT Retards who have never traveled and think Ontario is the worst
Trust me, you have it pretty great here
t. europoor now living in ontario

>Wish we had tracks though.
we do, pretty sure there are clubs that use mission raceway

i agree
ontario is pretty great

I'm moving 2 hours up north in 5 days so hopefully it will go down once I change addresses

Not a fraction as bad as yours, Pajeet

5.5% in Ontario vs 7.3% in Alberta. We're well below the national average while you're on the other side
Try again kiddo

They can take your car and license 3 for up to 4 months for "stunt driving" now if they catch you doing over 140 km/h or doing donuts in a parking lot because a bunch of fuerdai nouveau rich chinks keep doing 260 km/h down our highways in babbys first supercar in the greater vancouver area on their way to dim sung or whatever

basically now car enthusiasts are gonna fucked because of it, the legislation just came out though so we will see if they use it against white people or just use it against dumb chinks with new licenses as a tool to revoke their licenses for long term.

Drive like a normal adults and you'll be fine

good
i love watching dumb boiracers get their shit impounded so much

elaborate

This. Stop being such a faggot user

cuba. because trade embargo no parts exist and any ones that do are many times recycled

Cuba's car culture is lit as fuck

Kek

Whats the difference between the 401 and a snowmobile trail?

A snowmobile trail is flat and smooth.

Quebec

Good one user

I am always surprised Canada has such draconian laws. It seems like they would be above that sort of thing.

>draconian laws
which canadian laws are "draconian" to you?

Laws that punish shitters. He's a shitter hence why he thinks they're draconian

Do North Koreans actually know what cars are? Aren't they literally not allowed to drive?

I can't, this place is just the worst. I wish I could go back to Arizona.

The Netherlands

They know what they are, but nobody is allowed to own property so nobody can have a car. Or a house. Or food.

Quebec. I don't know how cars can survive more than 5 winters here.

Depends what city you live in. I actually got a VI for my exhaust tip being to large.

Stop being retarded.

Mesa here, why did you leave?

>low road quality
>salt in winter time
It isn't ideal but I guess that it isn't the worst place to be.

I'll lead with why it's "good" first:
>No emissions
>No inspections
>Lots of deals on domestic cars

Why it's bad:
>Shittiest roads in all the US
>Most expensive insurance in all the US
>Unlimited road salt
>Cold, snowy, and icy half the year
>Lots of shitheaps on the road from no inspections.

Detroit has virtually no traffic for a large city though. Your population has gotten so low that driving on M10 or I94 is a breeze. I was visiting for a lions game and I was astonished at the lack of traffic or people walking around. It felt like a ghost town

You don't live where people actually live then. Driving on i75 can blow dick especially around pontiac or troy depending on the direction.

Other than insurance rates, what is shit about Ontario for car enthusiasts?

I was visiting for a few days and I was staying in woodbridge. There was practically no traffic on the freeways surrounding the downtown area. I didnt venture too much to the North.

North Korea ordered 1000 Volvos in the 70s and never paid for them lel.

Still driving strong.

Also norks buy chinese shitty cars and rebrand them as NK.

Insurance rates are fine if you're an adult with a good driving record

Kim's grandpa really liked Mercedes, he had a fleet of them

I can't do 50 over the limit without getting my car impounded

Switzerland
swissinfo.ch/eng/driver-faces--1-000-000-speeding-fine/23091098
Next car I'm getting is going to be the slowest and cheapest hybrid I can find because anything else is just a waste.