Where were you when Hyundai saved the automotive industry?

veloster N
>275hp Turbo I4
>lsd
>manuel
>exhaust modes

Other urls found in this thread:

universalclass.com/i/course/reading-comprehension-101.htm
hooktube.com/watch?v=pSJU7SWYgxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much and is it available in burger land?

hell yeah it is, baby

does it come in a more feminine color? i don't think my boyfriend would want me to drive something this manly.

not a mechanical lsd though

>exhaust modes
That means synthesized braaaps

leave him, sis. Real men let you drive their fast sportscars, if you can handle the sheer power, that is.

I doubt it, look at those pipes BABY
>lc500 shills on suicide watch

Can this tacked-on tablet meme just FUCKING DIE ALREADY

I'm an LC500 shill and a current Veloster owner, and I'm very conflicted right now.

guys what if and bear with me

we take the back of a civic

and

pair it with the front of a mazda

With the built quality of a GM.

And the sexiness of a Lexus

the front looked promising
the ass is too ugly

>Velostern

>How much
Near as makes no difference the same as a golf GTi.

Tacked on tablet is nice, the other option is to put the screen in the dash which either means the dash is too high or the screen is too low.

>275HP turbo 4
>LSD
>manual
Sounds like a Focus ST with a MP275 kit (does not effect factory warranty)
>exhaust modes
Do any of them sound good?

>manual only
I know the angsty tweens on this board think this is cool, but it literally kills the car for a great deal of the population. Including me.

I want a hothatch I can DD and roadtrip in, eating burgers and getting roadhead. I dont want to fiddle with gears.

But is it AWD?

Gay

HYUNDAI YES

>coming from the guy who spends his time on the road playing with a phallic object

no. no option. only FWD and the price is as other user already mentioned the same as for golf gti, focus st or astra opc so whoever goes and buy this is a retard.

No worries. I'll just stick with the less gay DSG of the superior GTI.

just ask your boyfriend to drive, its simple.
>caption: primary shaft

what, why? they just released the i30N with identical fucking specs. They're fucking themselves over with this.

I don't think the US gets the i30N, so this is kinda like the US-market i30N.

If you’re road tripping you won’t have to change any gears for 98% of the trip tho...

I do not understand you people who act like shifting gears (“fiddling” even) is some sort of monumental task which requires you to drop everything and dedicate 100% of your brain energy to. I’ve eaten burgers and gotten road head in my 6 speed just fine. I think you’re just unintelligent.

I've literally drive one-handed for 3 straight hours before. You simply can't do that in a manual. It's about convenience.

>implying

handlet detected

the times shifting is inconvenient (once a month) far outweigh the downsides of a boring automatic transmission... but have fun in your fake-acoustics GTI

You can drive a manual with one hand.

leave him be, guys. He's either baiting or has never driven a manual (even during the driving lessons he did last year)

this kills the Ford

Fuck off. Manuals are for soyboyracer wannbe need4speed faggots. There are no benefits to a manual. Used yo be you could eek out a few better mpgs with one but now even that is eradicated thanks to how good automatics and their software has gotten.

Nah, Ford killed the Fiesta ST in the US themselves already.

What's next, are you gonna call driver involvement/enjoyment anf un irrelevant buzzwords?

>no benefits
mechanically maybe, if you're a professional benchracer. I prefer to actually drive my cars though, and feel a connection to them.
It's fine if you see cars as a means to take you form A to B though, but you might want to shitpost in the right board next time:

Not gonna lie, looks p hella sick lads

wouldn't go for that color tho

Same, no excuse for forcing an outdated transmission on us in 2018.

>a new meme car appears

I won't lie, I actually want one now.

The rest of the Hyundai lineup can suck my dick though.

You do not need a manual transmission to feel a connection to your car. The same way your boyfriend doesnt need a strap-on to feel connected to your anus.

just buy the non-performance version if you're gonna use it to drive your wife to her boyfriend's house... this one right here is the "sport" version for people who are automotive enthusiasts so rightfully it comes with a transmission fit for enthusiasts.
maybe not, but id rather fuck my wife than let someone else do it for me :^)

Auto trans gives better performance so I'm not sure what your point is. I could see putting a manual in a stripped out model for poorfags but even that seems wrong in this day and age.

>feel a connection to them
No modern manual does this.

universalclass.com/i/course/reading-comprehension-101.htm

the performance model with 100 more horsepower is offered in manual because people who care about performance also care about enjoying the experience through a real transmission.
and no modern automatic gets as close, whats your point?

If this is supposed to be a performance car it should have a high performing transmission, not some dinosaur boomer transmission. There is literally no excuse.

>muh feels

Seems stupid to lock autofags out of the highest-horsepower model. Not too many other brands do this for the obvious reason that it limits sales right off the bat. A dual-clutch should be an option at least.

I'm trying hard to like the Veloster here.

>boomer transmission
I don't think you know what this means.

>I want this gook trash but my little soyboi brain can't comprehend a clutch

The absolute state of the gooks primary demographic

Lol @ this textbook soyboy trying to call others out as "soyboys".

You can tell he's insecure about it, too, because he lists "road head" as one of the reasons why manuals are bad.

>>S-see guys my dick gets sucked WHILE I'M DRIVING so you k-know I'm manly even though the stickshift is intimidating :(

It means a transmission that boomers cling to because of their feelings even though technology has left them behind.

based gooks are stepping up

You couldn't be more cringeworthy if you... drove a manual transmission vehicle in 2018. Nice job.

that was someone else, believe it or not more than one person on this board has good taste

winrar

This. If you were complaining about traffic then I understand. But a road trip? Been in a road trip in my corvette, miata, mr2, grand. Voyager, and f 150. No issues in any excpth the fucking ford. Seems like you just like ginger dick user

>auto trans gives better performance

i bet you couldn't beat a manual driver on a track where it matters

come catch me at autocross faggot

>manualfag tries to act smart even though he makes purchasing decisions based on feelings rather than cold rational logic like a man would

Please, my grandma could beat a public bus in autocross in her buick roadmaster.

m8 if you make a purchase solely on logic, you'll end up with a 140hp minivan.

$3k civic automatic actually

>no true scotsman fallacy

>seeing cars purely as numbers and how many more cents of your wifes salary you'd spend on gasoline in the impossible event that she'd let you exchange your cuck points for a fun car.
This is the exact opposite of how someone who truly feels passionate about atomobiles would think. Go back to sharing tesla fan videos on facebook, faggots.

You aren't the fucking gatekeeper of automotive enthusiasm. Just because you like to fiddle a penis back and forth in your car?

See

I'll believe it's not shit when I see one on the road, or drive someone's and it's not shit.

>old enough to remember the genesis coupe hype

>hyundai
There was a thread a few days ago about that dude who has his new Hyundai engine blow up at like 50 miles

>no AWD

It gets cold here in Vermont.

The Genesis coupe was good tho, the problem was a Mustang was simply better.

Fuck hyundai they pawn off cheap shit to americans like the domestics did to us while europe and the world get better shit

This is the i30N, just wrapped in the goofy Veloster body instead of the pudgy i30 body.

>Focus RS
AHAHAHAHAHA
I can't wait for near-future post you make about how your engine shat the bed.

I dont want america only cars i want rest of the world cars

>triangular third brake light
kek

By the sounds of it you want a GT car

This veloster is only 3 doors isnt it, stupid fucking hyundai

I like the way it looks but if they haven't changed the way it "feels" (ie interior materials, way it feels on the road, ect) then I'm not interested. The top of the line (currently) Veloster makes a base Focus feel like an Audi or BMW by comparison.

Never forget gookschwitz

Which? Everyone forgot the Genesis Coupe had a major revision in 2013 which defucked the car in most ways aside from the manual transmission.

Did they steal the IDx and put it into production?
No?
Fuck off.

>way it feels on the road

Journalists have been absolutely gushing about the i30n, which is the exact same car with a different bodykit.

hooktube.com/watch?v=pSJU7SWYgxw

Thats the point, this isn't a revision its a brand new generation which means there will be teething issues. If they do well enough perhaps the next refresh would be a fantastic car; it might be too naive to think they'll get it right the first time.

Just got my 2013 last year, and I'm gonna trade it in for the N as soon as I can. Friend works at the Hyundai dealer near me and he's pretty sure it'll sell for less than $27k.

this cars front end should've been on something like a elantra. it looks good until the end of the front doors then just meh

why can't the elantra have the same windshield as the veloster again? where the fuck are the accountants?

Interesting, but forgive me for needing to see it to believe it. I’d love Hyundai to make the leap but they’ve been in North America for 30 years without dropping a single class-competitive performance car. You can’t sway enthusiasts with content, warranty, and lowest-bidder pricing same as sedan and SUV buyers. The decision to forgo the N version of the i30 (Elantra GT) here is a bit of a tell. If the brand felt ready to truly run with the GTI/Focus ST/Civic Type R crowd, they’d play on their field. The Veloster is a lower bar, with quirks to help mask the shortcomings. “It doesn’t feel quite as put-together in the bendies as a GTI, nor is it near as useful a daily driver, but it’s not meant to be. Look at the asymmetrical doors - wacky!”

make this new veloster available as a sedan, awd, and ground clearance and you got a impreza crosstrek or golf alltrak

if the steering is typical electric hyundai, then it's a no go no matter how affordable and powerful it is. I'd pick an autotragic car with god-tier steering over a manuel electric-steering car.

not caring. and no it didnt. now that the ranger exists on usa soil.

they're all electric now except the old m5 and sti

mitsubishi lancer has no electric

It should be easier for them to get it right even if the first model years will have QC problems. The first generation Gen Coupe was basically coming off of the fucking Tiburon. The time in betweeen the Tib and this new thing must have given Hyundai some good data on what makes a car successful in its market.

asian cars are supposed to be perfect out of the box otherwise we'd just buy fords

that's just electric power steering though. Hyundai has gone retarded and went with drive by wire. Maybe it's done better with Hyundai's higher end, but my experience with my parents' Elantra made me absolutely loathe it. It feels numb in general and I dare say it might as well be completely unresponsive at times

ah just like the malibu days. shitty domestic nostalgia