Ariz/o/na thread: desert bois check in

Alright so just out of curiosity, how many of you faggots are from Arizona? I was recently able to move out here from that shithole to the west and I was wondering if anyone else out here wanted to get a meet going at some point.

Also, post places in AZ where you like to hoon, touge, off-road, shoot, sodomise your buddies, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bfg53Ap
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18445889
electronicfest.com/calendar/
vimeo.com/249350004
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15703102/#q15703102
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you tacofag, you still have CA plates

Not for long, faggot

How's those gas prices and smog checks going for ya

Reminder: California is the best state.

>california
>best anything

Not due for smog until next year, but moonbeam brown doubled my registration fee to pay for Miguel’s healthcare

>tfw absolutely love dry heat
>tfw few if any companies i'm interested in working in arizona
>everything's in silicon valley
fuckin

it's the 6th largest economy in the world, just 1 state.

Doesn't matter how big your economy is if you're endlessly throwing all of your money at illegals and welfare leeches

Oh yeah I forgot about that registration fee increase. And that's on top of that new gas tax. RIP

A lot of folks in Tucson want Amazon to build a warehouse and distribution center down here but they're refusing. Kind of a pisser

not interested in amazon, unless it's their drone delivery division or some other kind of robotics

Is that what they tell you on CNN? Because I’d believe you if you said we’re the 6th largest corporate scam in the world.

That's just what I've heard on local news. Point is that it's a great state but there's not much as far as the tech industry is concerned, despite locals' attempts

We literally mailed them a cactus to get them to come down here

>Reminder: California is the best state.
The 2016 census shows the MAJORITY of the state's population is hispanic. So it is becoming a version of a "better" Mexico because it has a shit ton of social welfare dollars propping up much of the population.

Still better than your flyover state

They already have "better" Mexico, it's called New Mexico

I'm an Arizonan
Also an Veeky Forums newfag
looking to restore an 80's sports car
also I shoot my funs either at Rio Salado sportsmans club or at sugarloaf mountain past the bush highway on the beeline

>They already have "better" Mexico, it's called New Mexico
New Mexico was good enough to nuke during the 1940's.

>mfw New Mexicans have already nuked themselves

Alright lurkers, at least one of you has been found in Flagstaff

Leave him a note with a link to this thread

Not a bad idea, hopefully he's still there by the time I get out of class this afternoon

If not I'll just find him another day, it's not a big parking lot

Why don't we just meet at the McDonald's meets in scottsdale? It's weekly so you can always find someone

Any details on that? I'm in flagstaff so it's quite the drive, but I'd be willing to check it out one of these weekends

Inb4 hardparking faggots

>anyone else out here wanted to get a meet going at some point.
Some archived meet threads for arizona had quite a few topics of things to do.

Looks like I'll be checking that out, too

Check out 4plebs.org for archived arizona meet Veeky Forums threads.

why not the pavilions meets in Scottsdale, that's already a regular carshow so we wouldnt be massive fagg/o/ts

Surprise fag here, I know an Veeky Forumstist lives less then a mile from me.

there is a curvy road just north & west of ASU in tempe that is a pretty fun drive. be careful, however - i actually crashed on that road doing about 45mph or so. it is a 15mph corner

Scottsdale Veeky Forumstist here, if any of ya'll see me say something, drivers around here are boring and I want some friends to drive the nights with.

there are two other Sportcrosses in my area, you'll know it's mine becasue of this, sorry for low quality

>that's already a regular carshow so we wouldnt be massive fagg/o/ts
That is one thing the Arizona meets should do. We should attend at least once each of all the car shows and meets. That way, we'll find other people and also learn of places they go to.

I like this idea

The only car meets I know of in Flagstaff are Subaru meets but I'm pretty sure there's some regular car meets in Prescott for all my Northern AZ frens

Texas is actually the best state. Everything is cheap and there's few regs and the nigs know their place

Tortilla Flat meet when

Tortillas are already flat you dingus

Is there a group chat?

Pavs meetup Saturday???

Ohai, theres a meet this Friday if you want to get sideways.

I can make an Arizona discord if y'all want me to

I'd be down for the 27th if nothing comes up for school. If we do get a meet going, my car's pretty easy to spot

Fuckit i made a discord for y'all who want to join

discord.gg/bfg53Ap

Once people get used to meeting with each other, a reliable AZ person can create and be the adminstrator of a Telegram channel. It provides more immediate notification of info among the AZ group. It's particularly good if you have impromptu get togethers or short-notice events. It has both windows client, mac client, and smartphone apps, so it is available to everyone that has a cellphone number to register with.

The /WA/ group has been using it successfully especially for people who want to get together for lunch and then see something car related or check out a new place to prescout to see if it is good for the main group to drive at for an event. There are also wrenching get togethers. That's good if you haven't done something before and want to see how it's done in person. Or if you want to lend a hand since some things need 2 or more people.

Example:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18445889

One way to have /AZ/ events is to also make the waiting period for people to arrive productive. For example, if people are to meet for a drive starting at 10AM, have the gathering starting spot not just at some restaurant for early birds to get something to eat. Instead, try an event like the one at the URL below.

Example gathering spot:
electronicfest.com/calendar/

Of course, you run the risk of not having parking if it is a busy event at the starting spot. But if all of you are on Telegram, then you can quickly check the latest messages on your smartphone APP or wifi tablet/laptop at a wifi hotspot.

If you could find the 89 highway, theres a nice windey road that loops and there are usually no cops

>We should attend at least once each of all the car shows and meets.
In a previous Arizona Meet thread for 2016, there were various cruise-in car shows mentioned along with their locations. There was even a regular "classic and rare car" show in the phoenix area which included auctions of various rare or collectible cars. It was supposed to be one of the bigger such regular events in the country for such cars too. Since the cars are always changing, these types of car shows are suitable for "repeat watching" unlike static museum displays which don't even have owners standing by talking about their cars, restorations, and mods.

Now would be the good times to do these things. Once the weather gets hot, it will be too sweaty a time to be outdoors unless there's a drive up the mountainside.

Yeah I've hit up the 89 a few times, fun road and a lot of kickass scenery between Flag and Sedona

That Arizona flag reminds me of another flag....

Its funny how I don't think I can hate you any more than I already do, but you keep posting.

Used to go to N/o/rcal meets - moved to AZ recently.

Here is a trip we did to AZ recently: vimeo.com/249350004

Will be driving down 191 from Springerville to Safford this weekend to see if it's worth running.

>I was wondering if anyone else out here wanted to get a meet going at some point.

Check out this past Arizona Meet thread for places and things to do for an arizona meet centered in the phoenix area.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15703102/#q15703102

Howdy which of you guys wanna sex up my sissy with me? We can meet up at a walmart. Get some connoms. My sister let me fuck with no jimmy but not you.
Where is the next meet up
She isnt so tame and she need some more donkey dick
Hmu with a you if you are up to fuck her silly
Im 5'2 and she is 5'9
Big titties. Built to lift me and blow

If be down to drive and shoot but I have a truck not a sanik fast car.

Folks on the discord are talking about Pavillions on Saturday the 27th. We're thinking of a Touge run beforehand, but you can always just meet up with us afterwards

Also what truck?

Will you guys have any wrenching events?

I hope we do, mod days and wrenching with other Veeky Forumstists are fun

please elaborate
is silicon valley toxic to your skin or something like that

>is silicon valley toxic
Nope. Silicon valleys are just fine with me.

you mean using the user's with a garage to do work because you don't have one days :^(

Real talk;

How much better is it than california?

Same situation as you and considering almost the same move.

its hot as hell, cheap as hell, there are entry level jobs everywhere because its expanding like crazy. Due to republican natures its also unregulated as fuck. summer last year hit 116^F where i am in scottsdale, not sure about the rest of the state.

I'm considering the desert and work as a private contractor doing things that aren't landlocked.

I love my climate, would rather live on the coast for an even more perfect climate, perhaps even up north where its colder, but I can't stand this area anymore.

How are the people there? Good bars? Food?

I was also considering Vegas.

If climate is a huge deal, central and northern Arizona have pretty good weather due to the elevation

>good bars
hell yeah, old town scottsdale is full of bar's and clubs galore. My personal favorite is The Carlsbad Tavern, its got the local beers and amazing New Mexican styled cuisine.
>how are the people there?
i mean, it really depends, we have tourist almost the entire year, so traffic is full of garbage drivers, and you'll have a ton of pretentious wealthy people all over as well.

kind of related to your job, in Arizona you can become a fully licensed realtor in just 9 days a 4 hours

That can work out for the user with a garage since everyone including that user gets to see something being done in person. It's not some edited abridged youtube video A lot of times, the first step is the hardest to take. And once over that, more people will start to wrench their cars instead of just going to the dealer or service garage.

I have a garage to work with but I'm far away from most anons in The Valley. Also I don't have anything to put on my car aside from some mudflaps (whenever they arrive)

if anyone wants to help me change my brakes, im willing to drive out somewhere

Noo cum back 2 Norgal

The west coast is absolutely the shittiest border of the United States. California is fucking garbage and Arizona is a complete piece of shit. I can’t wait until my assignment here is over

Didn't that tool with the white crown vic have a reddit sticker on his car for the longest time

If you're on the discord PM me if you're down to meet at my place in Flagstaff

Dunno I've never seen him before

>I can't stand this area anymore
If you can adapt to the heat of arizona summers, then it's not a bad place. Some outdoor places even have a lot of shaded patios and greenery shaded walkways that are pleasantly cool if it isn't in august. What does the trick are those little fine mist sprayers. Prior to august, it is dry heat, so misting sprayers cool the air down quite a bit and the greenery locks the coolness in for awhile and keeps it from dissipating quickly.

This. Arizona summers are pretty bearable if you stay in the shade and stay hydrated, plus most outdoor areas in the greater Phoenix area are adapted so folks can be relatively comfortable in the heat

>Arizona summers are pretty bearable

One time years ago, two prisoners somehow managed to escape from Arizona's Florence prison. It's located out in the desert a distance from any town for security purposes. Of course, highway signage says its the Florence Prison area Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers.

They managed to walk about a mile before they died. One mile of painfully hot freedom. They were cooked since dark skin heats up much hotter than the ambient air temperature.

Well yeah if you're gonna walk out in the middle of the desert you're gonna die, that's why you stay in the shade and avoid being a nigger

Don't let it die, bump it

it would be awhile, I've got to buy brakes in the first place, then driving up would be a trip indeed

Where you at my dude?

Also I'm out here till may anyways so no rush

scottsdale, i've got to fix my power steering and replace some tires before i go on a long drive like that

especially since i don't know the area

Alrighty Scottsdale isn't too bad. Luckily you're on the north end of The Valley. I reckon it's 2 hours or so to my place

we'll see how my repairs pan out, if these /az/ threads stop popping up watch for one from me in a couple of months

Im moving out to Prescott in the fall for school. I'm super excited to leave California, I hate it here

I'll try to keep these threads going. Wanna do some meets while I'm out here for school

Hell yee my dude. Prescott's a cool area. Lots of off-roading if you're into that kinda stuff

we definitely need to hit up pavilions meets at least once, currently there's a car auction/show at Fashion Square Mall, and i know Barrett Jackson is coming up too

I love off-roading, I'm currently gathering parts so I can turn my bug into a baja bug. The only place I can really go offroading (legally) right now is Ocotillo wells but thats 2 hours away.

a baja bug, please tell me you have some in progress pics

Lake Havasu Here. It hit 80 today. Other than 120 degree summers its perfect here. Its also filled with highschoolers who race each other.

not at all, there isn't much work there in AZ & the place tends to be poor. that being said, the schools (ASU, NAU, UofA) are nice

Yeah I'm pretty hype for the Pavs meet coming up. Once we get closer I'll put out some more details. Thinking of hitting up Tortilla Flat for some twisties before going to Pavillions.

Nice, man! I'll have to hit you up sometime for some trails when I have my Tacoma back out here

its supposed to rain tomorrow, that means tons of fun for me (no traction control + rwd)

Snow up here which means fun for me (awd and no TC)

>big money big good

its just a stock bug with a smashed front end right now. I have the fiberglass and some wheels and tires waiting to go on but I need some more parts .

wagons so different but fun so similar...

I love AZ.

MEETUP WHEN

Bruh wagons are the best, I love mine!

Meetup on the 27th in Scottsdale, more details to come

wagons will always be the best

One week out my dudes, Pavillions meet next Saturday