2018 Toyota Avalon

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/rumormill/ford-focus-rs-blown-head-gasket-shenanigans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FUCK

Why does EVERYONE's design philosophy for 2018 seem to be "how much of the front end can we turn into grille?"

MY

Has there ever been a sedan sold with a larger grille than this Avalon? Genuinely curious. We're entering uncharted waters here.

This actually looks cool and elegant though.

SHIT

Looks like a crown

UP

I don't like how it has like a 3-tier grille and the upper 2 seem to not only blend into each other, but the headlights as well.
And then there's this thing, where the grille looks like it's literally straining against the rest of the bodywork, trying to escape, and pushing all the other bits aside.

Avalon > Lexus ES

kek

i tried to make it look like a normal car

holy shit why didb't they make aq look like that?

much better

well shit user, you need to work at Toyotas design hq

Maybe engines are getting so powerful these days that the literal entire front of the car is needed for the radiator

I like it. Reminds me of early 2000s Camrys and Accords.

Significantly better. Good job, user

low key interested in this, like a vw version of the A7

why is the steering wheel off center?

Well done.

All of this is fake vents

close that stupid ass hood gap in front and you win

why did you make this, now i have to live knowing that this will never exist.

Think more in terms of a superior VW CC update. From all accounts I've read its a pretty good car.

Not him, but I took a shot at it.

Looks like they turned a soyboy into a car.

Now this is a car I would buy. Get your fucking shit together toyota

Nah I'd say it's more aggressively styled so soyboys and women are drawn to it though, also it reminds me of pic related

This upsets me greatly

Looks awesome, youre all fucking plebs that couldnt buy one anyway.

Do you mean "this upsets me grate - ly"?

ahahahahah, good one user

This.
The soyboy phenomenon and this level of retarded aggressive styling in average cars increased in the same time frame.
It makes their wee feel funny in the dick cage they wear every day.

FUCKING CARLOS, SERIOUSLY.

damn good job.

Arteon is a qt though

Japan completely abandoned their design philosophies that made their cars great years back.

Miata is one of the rare exceptions.

That looks generic, dated and just wrong for the time we're in. Looks like some shit from 10 years ago, maybe you'd realize its not 2008 anymore.

>When a random car enthusiast on a chinese cartoon discussion website designs a better car than stylists in the most cutthroat industrial design sector

t. toyota designer jerking off over predator mouths

Stay mad you wont ever afford them new.

Not mad at all, actually, I have two cars that are better. Stay mad you like shitty design friend.

noice
whats the st like?

Torquesteer for days because roads around here are garbage, but it's fun to drive if the pavement is good and has enough space to be a practical daily

One looks sort of cool the other is a blown headgasket waiting to happen.

I don't think the STs have that problem, it's an RS thing as far as I know. If it does blow up hopefully it's still in warranty lmao

if you're going to talk shit you could at least be educated nigger

Anyone got any good suicide tips?

It's a sedan, it should look generic, inoffensive, maybe mildly attractive. Not this REEEE ANGRY I GO FAST I SWEAR thing they're all doing now.

Its exclusive to the rs. The ecoboost mustang doesnt have that problem despite sharing the engine. Something about the gaskets being poorly designed

Happy cars become memes, angry cars sell

RS makes more boost and has additional water jackets or something like that. Assembly lines put the wrong gaskets in some.

Even so, I'd still look at the mustang to be sure, its not a water jacket issue, its a header and head gasket issue.
autoweek.com/article/rumormill/ford-focus-rs-blown-head-gasket-shenanigans
Those dumbasses at ford went through 5 iterations of that head gasket and still couldnt figure out how to manage the problem, ford is starting to show how just as awful as GM it is.

Interiors are ugly as fuck nowdays. And i thought it was only french cars...
Thank god the germans still know how to do it.

So you want real vents to hydrolock the engine you dumbass?

Why make fake vents when you can, you know, not make fake vents?

That is American design

Can you imagine how plastered with dead bugs that shit would get in the summer? Christ, and trying to clean them all out of those little pockets....what a fucking blunder.

I can only imagine this fucking cunt is using words like "fusing" and "blending" in the most pretentious way possible.

I want to smash his face with a hammer, fucking chicken-legged faggot.

the kind of people who buy these shitpiles run their cars thru an automatic wash maybe twice a year

Grilles are to 2018 as fins were to 1959

just put teflon on the grille, problem solved

Americans love to grill

hank hill will never be caught dead in a fucking jap car like a toyota or cotton will haunt his dreams about his shins

Not as bad as Lexus

what, no. Soyboys and yuropoors like non-aggressive cars. Evil mean racists drive aggressive cars.

camaro is like a 100 grand car in europe

A-at least wide taillights are back, right guys?

>people unironically think this interior is bad

millennials hate this car because it triggers them seeing affluent baby boomers i mean yeah theyre dicks but who cares theyre old

If you want wide taillights just get a Dodge.

>Soyboys and yuropoors like non-aggressive cars.

You literally have no idea.
They love getting dominated and even if it's just the car looking like it does.

The interior looks like it was made by folding cardboard and stabbing instrument into it.

Also "it has an analog clock because luxury" is a trend that needs to die.

Not a fan of muscle cars personally, but Challengers are sexy

holy shit its another case of "an Veeky Forums shoop thread becomes reality"

Now i dislike infotainment, but the line being smooth all the way down to the console is quite nice in my opinion. Everything else is trash though

The difference is that the Camaro has a supercharged 650 HP V8 and all that grill space is real.

the circled areas are legitimately awful, as is the other dial on the other side of the instrument cluster

>starting
They were always the worst american carmaker, but brand loyalty is one hell of a drug

I hate GM and I hate Chrysler too.....
I was hoping ford was gonna do a turn around with this new line-up of cars they had, but I guess its a false hope.

Chrysler is the new king of domestics ford is going full cuck with autonomous cars

Gm is still derping like usual gm

am i the only one that likes this?

you literally couldn't design something even 1/4 as nice

t. Toyota designer

yes.

That is almost as bad as the new Lexus front, probably the same designer.

No, but most of Veeky Forums is just autistic

"NO ONE MAKES INTERESTING CARS ANYMORE"
"CAR COMPANIES ARE SO BORING"
"IS THAT UR GRANDMAS CAMRY LOLOLOL"

>car manufacturer makes cars that have a new design, don't look like other things on the market, its new and different and no longer boring

"REEEEEE WHAT ARE THEY DOING"
"LOL WHAT IS THIS THIS DOESNT LOOK NORMAL"
"MAKE A NORMAL CAR I COULD MAKE THIS CAR LOOK MORE NORMAL"

>car company gets negative feedback, goes back to making boring cars

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY IS EVERY COMPANY SO BORING NO ONE TRIES ANYTHING DIFFERENT"

>repeat

Also, added bonus:
"REEEEEE WHY CANT CAR COMPANIES JUST MAKE NEW CARS THAT LOOK LIKE OLD CARS OF THE 70'S NO ONE TRIES ANYTHING NEW ANYMORE LIKE MAKING OLD CARS"
>Veeky Forums in a nutshell

I think it has been established since it's inception, introduced by Audi, that REEEE grill looks retarded. Also it's an Avalon not a GT86 or a Supra, it is made to transport people from A to B comfortably, subtly and stylishly. Also It has been proven by cars from all eras that simple is better when it comes to car design. You sperging out here doesn't prove a single point.

>coming soon to a major city hood near you

I wonder what all these overly aggressive designs say about the state of today. As in how marketeers see customers living standards and desires, how designers and engineers feel about regulations and where individual mobility is heading, board membets signing off on these proposals etc if there's anything one can read into this society is seriously fucked.

individual mobility is heading towards self driving cars without steering wheels, stop crying

I want high speed trains. You people are a fucking cancer oh lets just associate with people we only grew up with or went to school with or work with and then only interact with strangers with our smartphones. Shouldve been aborted

Well boomers did this to us with their helicopter parenting they shouldve been aborted

Yeah, this is pretty fucking ugly.